• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Hyped - Jan 28 - Link to results at top of opening post

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
My left side of my mouth is super infected since my wisdom teeth keep pushing through and bothering my gums. So I might not be speaking much due to how much it hurts to try >.<

Nido

ily Sebby
So let me get this straight,
Anyone can join.
Doesn't matter if you're new to tourneys.
You can win money.

I'm in. :D

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Yep nido you're perfectly correct

anyone and everyone can enter (any level of skill or experience)
anyone and everyone can win (if you play good enough that is) and get money

also there should be plenty of setups and time to play with people there outside of tournament matches too

Splice

Smash Hero
Hello Peoples :)

My friends and I reguarly have LAN Parties where we play SC2, TF2, Brawl and UT 2004.
You seem like a good bunch, I like all those games :p

I was 14 when I first joined the scene and it was good times (I am 17 now)
You will be fine, everyone would be happy to have you and your friends there!

See you on saturday? :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
all are welcome! especially those with such great taste in games.
have fun in the tourney, and play lots of friendlies and meet everyone! :D

when i went in a group to my first tourney, the hard part was deciding who was going to team with who... haha

Dekar289

Smash Hero
looks like there will be a LOT of newish players attending, meaning we could see some big upsets and breakout players!
i will probably do a more oldschool, formal welcome speech just before registration starts to go over a few basics and welcome everyone

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
looks like there will be a LOT of newish players attending, meaning we could see some big upsets and breakout players!
i will probably do a more oldschool, formal welcome speech just before registration starts to go over a few basics and welcome everyone
Haha I remember doing that for STIGMA back in the day. Good ol' speech.

I predicted that 2012 is going to be a good year of smash, so far it's looking to be great and we haven't even had a tournament yet.

EB doesn't count.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
4 way ffa on pirate ship with no timer counts as a great start in my eyes
come IRC, much to discuss

Splice

Smash Hero
I thought EB games was decent. I had fun, closest ive come to winning a weird FFA tournament.
Jei come on IRC i agree

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i want rainbow original recipe chicken
actually no, it's perfect the way it is

updated brawl ruleset in OP, we're going japanese, also only 1 metaknight per team

Dekar289

Smash Hero
No, straight bracket, double elimination. Each match is best of 3 until semi-finals where it's best of 5.

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
i remember when me, my bro and my sis first entered these tournaments back in november 2010. we learned a hell of alot, we were very competitive and didnt get very far even after one tourney you can learn alot. even though ive only been involved in two of the monthlies, i feel like i have leaned alot in 15 months from reading smashboard forums and watching lots of videos.

but i shall see how much i have improved since the last tourneys :) cant wait, so hyped!!!

BRING ON SATURDAY!!! :D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Wouldn't be pools unless there was more than 32 people. Then again it really depends on the size of bracket you want. But highly doubt pools will happen.

:phone:

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
i want rainbow original recipe chicken
actually no, it's perfect the way it is

updated brawl ruleset in OP, we're going japanese, also only 1 metaknight per team
I know I probs can't say anything coz earl and I are the only double metaknight team (as far as I know), but why? Lol
Is that rule in the japanese ruleset?

:phone:

earla

Smash Lord
just a thought. imagine a gaw/lucario team at japanese level.

bucket + anubis. mk/gaw, mk/lucario. interesting. it's a possiblity there may be teams that are as good or better but weren't executed at that level at apex.

Splice

Smash Hero
I know I probs can't say anything coz earl and I are the only double metaknight team (as far as I know), but why? Lol
Is that rule in the japanese ruleset?
It isn't a japanese rule but after watching Apex, most people agree (including myself) that double MK in doubles is yuck. I can't say it's the best team (I'm pretty sure GaW and MK is) but 2 MKs just reduces the standard of playing and CAN involve lots of ****ery which no1 really wants.

@Earl; it's not JUST that MK/MK is a great team (and you can't prove that it isn't the best team, though i have doubts), but if you watch those Apex games, it was pretty displeasing to a lot of people. Maybe it's all zeros fault. Also Lucario has some weaknesses that can be abused in teams, MK/GaW and MK/MK can cover each others weaknesses and also have next to none anyway due to the MK (although you guys die like flies to GaW Dsmash in doubles lawwlz 80%)

Nick just use Wario, I always thought that was your best team anyway, you just need to recover better to make full use of your survivability and stock tanking. Unless you've learnt any other characters...

Splice

Smash Hero
25 LGL for MK so low.
I'm gonna get DQ'd just for being too bad at recovering safely.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
oops, forgot to change that bit
op updated

let's hope both the timer setting and the LGL don't come into play at all

Dekar289

Smash Hero
leisha you misunderstand, it was 25 for mk before, now it's 50 for all haha

Top Bottom