• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
PS2 doesn't really benefit anyone/anything in terms of Counterpicking in Singles,
but there are quite a few strategies that can be employed on it in Doubles.

Hence why it's a nice doubles staaageee.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Floatiness is a very horrible thing for many characters. Treadmills make approaching hell and camping very easy. Ice is awesome for crazy F-smash sliding. Dirt isn't too bad. That's my opinion on Pokemon Stadium 2.
The treadmills is certainly true. On a slow, can't-jump-for-crap character like Ganondorf or... uh... Well, treadmills **** Ganondorf almost as badly as everything else does. And, as a lazy, easily confused bugger, I don't like it when the stage seems to have it in for me.

However, sliding a Fsmash from one side most of the way to the other is pretty awesome.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I guess having very frequent tourneys could potentionally kill the hype for them. =/

But then again, its good if you really want to practise your skills

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Mmm well im not sure whether they'd be that frequent =P.

I guess if people get sick of them, they can just simply just not go. :3

And stigma H is melee anyways,

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
There is a problem with the venue. I called the Convent Today, and they are no longer hiring space to any gaming organisations, due to "high maintenance requirements" and "venues left in poor conditions".

I'm gonna start looking around for a new venue, until then its TBA.
Cao just pointed this out to us over at CW. We're gonna follow up with the convent and find out exactly what happened and why this was decided. We've previously only had good feedback from them, so this was quite a surprise to us.

In any case if we find another viable venue we'll pass any info we get onto you guys.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Pretty sure Stigma-Hybrid's thread tag has changed to melee. It's all red and shiz. Brawl is blue and Brawl/Melee tourneys get tagged as green.

And thanks Zan, we appreciate the help.

Splice

Smash Hero
You don't have to go to all of them. Hybrid will always be strong, possibility that some months everyone will go to one of the brawl tournaments and not the other though. Doubt it, Sydney have more tournies than this don't they? They seem pretty succesful.

I want to experiment, by using a different main for each tournament series. I probably won't follow this up, however.

I think I can only go to two though, so Two Brawl Tournies or One Brawl and Hybrid, it's a hard choice, because even though I enjoy melee, I get no adrenaline or hype.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'll be attending all of them.
I like your idea of using different mains for each tourney...gimme a chance to experiment with some new mains I've been working on.

But the only reason I'll be going to Hybrid is for Street Fighter. Unless someone decides to teach me melee...I'm bad at it. Very bad.

1337 posts. Vermy ftw.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
@Verms: In Texas they somtimes have side tournies of like duelist pro and stuff. Or host MK banned tournies, or extend the stage limit, rules, etc etc. Just would be nice to try some new ideas to find the best ruleset for us. Its nice to experiment (I feel like I'm trying to convince my gf for weird kinky sex right about now).

@Atlas: Not really atm, too busy with summer and skateboarding, daylight going from 7am-9pm doesn't help my indoors hobbies.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Stay on topic guys, we don't want this turn into another spam thread.

Nix, Condog and I will dicuss it, we're both looking at making a Melbourne Tournament Standard, so at this point, probably not.

X, Attila feel free to chime in any time. Also, perhaps a panel including respected players should be included.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I emailed the Convent today about prospective venue dates, so we should find out soon enough when the next tourney will be.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Tak I am, I can't believe you're so desperate to watch this movie you have resorted to asking in every Melbourne thread.

Just name a time and date and I will try to fit this sweaty man date into my non-existant schedule.

earla

Smash Lord
lookin for some brawl prac.

willin to travel from city. my name is earl i play mk and armorles samus. im lovely

wud anyone like to host tmoz?

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Tak I am, I can't believe you're so desperate to watch this movie you have resorted to asking in every Melbourne thread.

Just name a time and date and I will try to fit this sweaty man date into my non-existant schedule.
Only two of them :<

Besides you can take a guess at why I want to see this movie =D <3

No one posts in the melee one but there is so much activity on this thread

What day is most convinient for everyone though? I'm working on Sunday but it doesn't necessarily need to be this week but it will be in the city :)

Splice

Smash Hero
lookin for some brawl prac.

willin to travel from city. my name is earl i play mk and armorles samus. im lovely

wud anyone like to host tmoz?
Earl come over 2moz.

Should be good.

Mmm showin' off my new sig thats actually really old. I forget who made it. Props to them

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah earl we should meet up before reloaded for a quick sesh. and anyone else who is going.

earla

Smash Lord
ya watev's

i'l come to urs splice tmoz. afro too? done. if someone cud meet me station that'd be great. which station again? sweet

Top Bottom