• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I don't know where to begin.

A) T-Rex was trolling/joking.
B) MK is nigh untouchable on Norfair.
C) Link has much, MUCH better CP options.
D) No, wait he doesn't, HE'S LINK.
E) Norfair is banned.
F) Green Greens is banned.
G) You're stupid, stop being stupid.

GRAAAAAARRGGGGHHHGGHH
C) Link has much, MUCH better CP options.
D) No, wait he doesn't, HE'S LINK.
Exactly.

E) Norfair is banned.
F) Green Greens is banned
Counterpick/banned.

Dunno about Norfair, but green greens really shouldn't be banned.

G) You're stupid, stop being stupid.
No you.

A) T-Rex was trolling/joking.
A wild Ditto appears!

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Norfair is beastly..

but Vlade and co wanted it gone because it promotes "Camping"

he was just using an extreme case of MK doing it, but no one in WA would do it anyway
he just hates the stage and was willing to go out of his way to see it gone.

/b1tching

Splice

Smash Hero
MKs gayness is not the reason to ban Norfair.
It's not as viable as you'd think.
There are other reasons why I can see it banned, but I don't see MK as much of a problem on Norfair.

I like Norfair. Should be considered more viable than it is.

Magnamancy

Smash Rookie
I'm just going to go ahead and say I enjoy variety.

I don't care if Norfair leaves a Metaknight user if a ridiculous advantage
against Ganon, spikes feel EPIC there.
(:p)

Mind you, because I main Ganon, I'm always fighting the odds, so stage
picking is of less concern for me. :lick:

A question I'd like to ask, are these tournaments held on the first
weekend of each month?

If so and if the next one falls on the 4th, I'll be able to show up for the
friendlies towards the end, due to work, but I WILL be there. :grin:

Splice

Smash Hero
Heya Magna!
The next tourney will be on the first weekend of April, or the 17th of April.

Im quite sure of this, it will definitely be a Saturday though...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Heya Magna!

The tourney date hasn't been finalised yet, please stop spreading your insidious web of lies.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
The dates are tossing between the 3rd and 17th of April, I hope its the 3rd so i can actually attend lawl. Could use the practice for thriller xD, probably still wont make it out of pools but who cares =p

Splice

Smash Hero
Isn't Norfair one of Ganon's best stages? I'm not really sure, but I remember reading it somewhere...
It is one of his best. Real good vs Snake.

Plus it makes Utilt useful
inb4 "LIES!"

TBH leisha i voted for 17th but i'd probably prefer the 3rd, coz you and joey can come <3
Im just worried about traffic. SO I could say im indifferent, and then it'd likely be on the 3rd.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Heya Magna!

just a heads up then, there wont be any attila. you can cry against my falco at thriller ;)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Ohes, but wouldn't you take trains in? But I'm assuming you'll be driven down due to the fact you said that you're worried about traffic does answer my question xD

well if its on the 3rd, ill need a teammate so... lemme know if anyone wants to =p i use rob and luigi in doubles <3

Oh yeah speaking of thriller, who else from Melbourne is going? I know its me, Conor, tibs n attila, earl n nix, maybe viva if hes allowed to go, oh and vermy too.. NEEDS MOAR

Splice

Smash Hero
just a heads up then, there wont be any attila. you can cry against my falco at thriller ;)
Ok well if its Sunday there wont be any Afropony. You are just as important as any other smash person, except Afropony, who I hitch a ride with to get to the tournament and have maximum fun.

Why would I cry against your Falco?

Thriller?

What.

Attila_

BRoomer
Ok well if its Sunday there wont be any Afropony. You are just as important as any other smash person, except Afropony, who I hitch a ride with to get to the tournament and have maximum fun.

Why would I cry against your Falco?

Thriller?

What.
the gw mu for falco is pretty gay, but id make other people cry. in fact, tibor is wiping away tears right now.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I thought that mu was in falco's favor? But alright, could be wrong. Also, Yaaaay would be awesome if you come viva =).

I wanna have stanima teams again. Soo much fun

Attila_

BRoomer
falco's favour? if gw didn't have the bucket it would be... it stops falco's camping game, but falco doesn't have nearly as much disjoint as gw... sad times.

swordsaint

Smash Master
don't be stupid attila

falco > gnw

lasers are much more abusable in this mu

if he buckets our lasers he loses his bucket breaking, if he doesn't...well lol get *****.

in either case, short hop single lasers from mid range are perfectly safe. If they bucket the laser, the absorb lag is enough to move in and either cg or smash attack.

jabs speed is pretty amazing on gnw too, and saves him from getting hit by a lot of strong smashes.

Splice

Smash Hero
falco's favour? if gw didn't have the bucket it would be... it stops falco's camping game, but falco doesn't have nearly as much disjoint as gw... sad times.
The bucket is entirely useless against a good Falco.
It's not a good MU for GaW, its 55:45 or 60:40 Falcos favour.
It's potentially the same difficulty as Snake, but likely not that tough. Btw I say potentially as difficult as Snake because atm I've been talking to some GaW people and we reckon it's really close. Or closer than we thought, at least.

Stop making stuff up. You obviously have no idea how Falco or GaW work, or at least the MU between them.

Attila you should idolise scoot imo.

swordsaint

Smash Master
The bucket is entirely useless against a good Falco.
It's not a good MU for GaW, its 55:45 or 60:40 Falcos favour.
It's potentially the same difficulty as Snake, but likely not that tough.

Stop making stuff up. You obviously have no idea how Falco or GaW work, or at least the MU between them.
I am ninja.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I draw your attention, Attila, to the fact Falco's MU's are OUTDATED. Perhaps if you had READ the actually thread, you'd have realised one thing. We have rediscussed a measly EIGHT matchups. Game and Watch...well he's not one of them.

Attila_

BRoomer
i read the thread. im just using the information that available to me. i cant research something that isnt available, dayo.

my point was more so that i didnt just make it up, but i got the opinion from other, more qualified, falco players.

swordsaint

Smash Master
55:45 in favor of falco.

this aint momentum based, once gaw is under you you get 50%, rest is in falcos favor.
Xonar is right we do beat g&w. There r plenty of killing holes, answers to all his shenanigens and r lasers r just as good if not better, if used right. I'd say the only reason it isn't higher that 55:45 is cause of how percentage based the match up is. Keep the lead the whole time. If they get the lead, stopping camping is just a pain where we have don't rly have a safe way to hit them. Xonar told me one tip about planking g&ws and how to stop it, but I haven't had the chance to practice it.
Kirby GW ROB and Marth should be even. Falco really only has 2 bad matchups. IC and pika.

Pika is prob 40-60 and IC is 45-55

just my input
DEHF also believes this. I just can't find his quote, I forget where it was. Anyway, the above quotes are from knowledgable/good Falco's. We just haven't rediscussed it, ok?

Splice

Smash Hero
GaW boards are severly outdated too. Marth and MK are the only ones that are somewhat correct, oh and Diddy. Toon Link too, but yah I think we're rediscussing him soon/atm.

UTD Zac loses to any Falco pretty much.

So yeah, from talking to GaWs on mIRC, we all (ok im sure some dont agree but w/e) that the match up is in between 50/50 and 60/40 falcos favour.

Oh man Scoot... you make me want to get quotes too <3

Top Bottom