• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

The-Guy

Smash Cadet
Double Peach teams are hereby known as "Looking Cute, Feeling Cuter" teams

Cia

das kwl
Let's record some dittos for some instructional ****, since we both have different but not boring styles.

Yeah they'll be like.. 5 recording set ups at spoc so we'll get tons of them.

teco - i don't know who, but we're ****** someone at this with double peach.

:evil:

MacD

Banned via Administration
As long as I get pink
do the kirby glitch and you can both be pink

but during team friendlies, i did an up smash out of sheild because my partner was comboing someone towards me... i got a sweat spot and killed, it was amazing

god, why is up smash soooooo good and yet soooo bad

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
i was looking for this thread to subscribe to it again, then i realized all this talk about double peach and it made me hate u all a lil inside. :p vanz we need to play! (not at a tourney) hit me up!

Samochan

Smash Master
Gahaha, me and Yuna mauled on teams. We basically 6 stocked everyone in our pool match, dsmash is too good on teams and no fox/falco can escape unscatched (cept maybe peki most of the time, but that's cause he's a sneaky b*stard). Breaks shields like crazy. =) We got 2nd yay. ^_^ Vids will come at some point.

Cia

das kwl
i was looking for this thread to subscribe to it again, then i realized all this talk about double peach and it made me hate u all a lil inside. :p vanz we need to play! (not at a tourney) hit me up!

I'm free for the majority of this week. just throw a smashfest or something, and i'll be there =] If I'm not on AIM, text my cell 917-402-7950

Julien

Smash Rookie
I like to dash attack alot in Peach dittos. Since most Peach attacks are from the air, there's no risk of getting CC *****.

Cia

das kwl
I like to dash attack alot in Peach dittos. Since most Peach attacks are from the air, there's no risk of getting CC *****.
=O

DUDE! how've you been?

You should go to tournaments again!

I can **** you in dittos now.

And I'm stealing your font.

:D

Cia

das kwl
ok explain, the only way i know to cancel tumble into float is to lose your 2nd jump or to wiggle out into float, is there a secret i don't know
that's pretty much it. You hold X/Y while you're in hit stun, and wiggle the control stick. Once you break the hit stun, you'll be in float.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
haha yeah. I noticed it has weird knockback. like sometimes the person I'm playing would westcoast DI it and they'd die at like 100% and other times they would DI normally and they'd go nowhere haha.

is there something that makes Peach bomber different, Jay Fox?

JFox

Smash Hero
tbh im not sure why peach bomber has such strange knockback. a few of moves have a strange knockback, this is just one of them (others include falco's shine or roy's up b for example). They are usually very influenced by DI, and dont follow the normal trend of increasing in knockback with the same curve that properties that other moves have.

Its too bad its not stronger cuz i would def learn to use it effectively if it was a kill move. :/

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
yeah definitely. if peach bomber killed, Peach would be that much more fun to use haha.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
played vanz a **** ton today. GG's bro ur definitely super beast, hopefully ill be on my A-game next time and actually punish ur mistakes :) vanz peach is teh sex right now :) toooo good.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
played vanz a **** ton today. GG's bro ur definitely super beast, hopefully ill be on my A-game next time and actually punish ur mistakes :) vanz peach is teh sex right now :) toooo good.
Vanz always has a great Peach except when he played me. He sandbagged so hard I felt like I was playing worst.

Vanz you going to SPOC right? I wanna see you give it to Philly's finest and I want a rematch on that Jiggs.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
Vanz always has a great Peach except when he played me. He sandbagged so hard I felt like I was playing worst.

Vanz you going to SPOC right? I wanna see you give it to Philly's finest and I want a rematch on that Jiggs.
ive always known vanz was freaking pro, ive just never been able to even remotely compete. actually winning some sets today (even though i lost more than i won for sure) i was able to truly appreciate how he plays.

think of it this way its like someone who just learned how to play chess watching grandmasters play. to them its like they just moving pieces, but another top player watching them realizes all the process and thinking behind each move (granted its not THAT deep for smash but it is pretty deep). so I just had to give him props cuz i finally seen him on the same level. :)

and tip how u getting to spoc?

The Irish Mafia

Dtilt to peach bomber is the worst peach combo ever.

and why tech chase with peach bomber when you can just dash attack or follow up with float or something? There aren't a lot of situations where peach is short on options.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I like to bomber when they don't tech and I'm pretty sure they're either just going to attack or stand up against characters that I don't have good grab options on.

Or when I'm sandbagging.

MacD

haha, you know what is fun to do against a marth

when you are recovering and near the ledge, if they like to fsmsh, you can use peach bomber to stop yourself, not get hit by fsmash, then get a hit off them

in theory it sounds like it could be useful but i've only done it in friendlies when i wanna make someone feel stupid

Cia

das kwl
Thanks guys :D

And I actually don't know if I'm going to SPOC atm. G$ promised me a spot in his car over a month ago. I called him today to find out what our plans were for leaving, and he basically told me that he was bringing his old crewmates and didn't have a spot for me anymore. D:

I've never missed a SPOC since the the first one I went to and if I miss this, that'll probably be it for me. I've been trying to quit anyway.

Also other than wallbombing, best use for Peach bomber I could think up was Dsmash > Jab reset > hup-CHAA! One day i was playing the computer and I was spamming peach bomber. So Fox used reflector, and I was on fire. I didn't know that peach bomber was a projectile.. lol

JFox

Smash Hero
OHH MYSTER SOLVED!!

if peach bomb is a projectile, THAT makes sense why it has such a weird knockback. Projectiles are super effected by DI, just think of when u DI a samus charge ball. BUT it also has properties of a B move, and B moves increase at a totally different curve from A moves. They control the knockback more on B moves so that a B attack doesnt send you flying at higher percents like a normal a attack would. This is also why marth's forward b slash is so much more deadly on different weight classes! Or why Marth's sweetspotted up B is super effective even at low percents! I GET IT

Mystery solved Connor! Thanks for the hint vanz.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me what frame Peach's bair comes out in? Thanks.

The Irish Mafia

I'm still wondering why we're discussing peach bomber when it's one of peaches' most useless attacks
Honestly it has **** knockback, does mediocre damage for the condition it puts you in, and completely screws you over with the wind-down time, let alone if you miss.
Interesting stuff about the projectile. I sure as hell didn't know that.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
IrishMafia, you're stating what we already know. From the little amount of time I've spent here, I've noticed these forums are dead as **** so any kind of discussion is good. We all know there are moves we can do that are better than Peach bomber and that it's a mediocre move. Peach's metagame isn't going to drastically change anytime soon so we run out of things to talk about. Discussing it is more for fun if anything.

Top Bottom