• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Sheik's biggest weakness is that what she does is fairly stationary (tilts, low aerial mobility) so it's mostly just a lot of moving back when she approaches and ****** her for it. I think jumping back after WD back if pretty underutilized vs aggressive Sheik play because it goes over her dash attack / boost grab and you can then get a free hit.

Her other shortcoming that I dislike in the MU is that her jumps are really high with low aerial mobility. If you're close enough when I do aerials, you can often dash attack or do your own aerials underneath and win.

I'm not sure how turnips work vs Sheik. Ask VaNz or Vwins... I remember them having really irritating turnip games when I last played them. I suppose it's just zoning and to prompt reactions and control space, etc. The usual stuff they do. But I'm not sure what they do vs Sheik specifically because a lot of my strategies vs Peach revolve around taking advantage of bad turnip throws and punishing them.

Beyond that, I got nothing. Sheik has the upper-hand everywhere else.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah, when I lost to Wife at *Pound* 4 a lot of it was me trying to punish F-smashes that I thought I could, but really couldn't. It ends deceptively quickly.

D-tilt is the one that leads to the ridiculous combos though. An important part of Armada's vs Sheik game is how he moves around and baits Sheik to SH aerial into him. And then he does WD back D-tilt > beastmode combo.

VA

Smash Hero
he just wavedashes around and does dtilt, that's all you have to do against sheik.

anyway, she's a boring a character and I don't care. what's important is DoH making bracket, you got dis DoH!

Composeur

Smash Ace
Ditto. Can't wait to see all the vids!

Also, very surprised and sad @ GFs results. And I seriously thought YLink was a joke at first.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Also: VERY sad that vwins's ride didn't work out. Definitely one of my favorite Peaches.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I would be more upset if I wasn't 'mericun.

Besides armada is so stupidly good I can't be upset.

What if we find out Ylink was a joke, and armada decided right then and there to try ylink for ****s and giggles. I know this isn't true, Hack training, etc.,etc., but it would be funny.

Degree

Smash Apprentice
The reaction to Armada going Young Link on the Livestream was insane once people realised it wasn't a joke haha. Armada just wasn't able to adapt to PP's edgeguarding, everytime Armada did get a kill, PP abused his 2 seconds of invincibility to force Armada out wide and get a revenge kill or a ton of damage. Bring on Genesis 2. :D

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
At first i just thought it was friendlies. Then, all of a sudden, Armada showed Hungrybox his true power level.
It was the greatest thing i had ever seen. I really wish i had been there to watch it live. Also, sucks that armada seems to be living in 2nd place to American pros. Really wish he had beaten PeePee, just to show that Peach has it in her to win a national tournament.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Nair and Dash attack are faster than Fair. If you see a Fair coming, you can almost always intercept it. Fast-falling full-hop-floated Bair is good (I'm pretty sure Bair outranges Nair, too). Fthrow is almost always the superior option, Peach can Nair out of Dthrow until 20ish (I think). Finally, try to intercept recovering Dairs with Uairs; at worst you'll trade and you might get the kill.
That's roughly all I know and I don't lose Peach dittos much. Refer to DoH about particulars (or if he disagrees); Texas is retardedly good at Peach dittos.

Also Pound5 was ****ing sweet.

Pound was soooo fun. Even tho I got ***** by top platform.
I did too, and it was awful. Pokemon Stadium for second-best counterpick.

Ambix

Smash Ace
i dislike peach ditto'es..............v_v

some one teach them to me......=/
Throw turnips and Space aerials untill you get a kill.

It's one of the least complicated matchups in the world.

DoH said:
I got camp ***** :-/

I think I've lost my touch at dittos. Need to summon Xelic
Sorry >_<

one of these days you should do friendlies with me for like an hour and teach me how to aggro peach then I won't have to camp you.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
First footage of me in quite a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCoOJocNKXM vs Winnar's Marth

Things I learned watching myself: Don't screw up nairs oos so much and dont float near ledge when marth is on it. Its probably better if I stay grounded and grab/dash attack his attempts to get back on stage.
Anyone else comment?
Also vs Iori's falco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnzvd2voAb4

Toast Falco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jxXY-kKzwY

I realized I grab too much when I shouldnt and I'm terrible vs dair/lasers. Anyone have advise on these three vids?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I hate Peach dittos.

That being said, I played a lot of them at Pound so feel like I'm getting slightly better at the matchup. The problem is there aren't any other decent Peaches around here, so the only ways I know how to counter Peach are to counter my own thinking

btw GGs to Apollo (!!) in pools, so intense

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I wasn't talking about you ambix, moreso the platform camping foxes I had to deal with. In friendlies if you camp me I just think you're lame and not creative so I don't put forth the effort to beat you.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Macd is mad good at the Peach ditto. I played Armada in one match and he ***** me, but I think macd is better but idk cuz when I played macd I was running off of two hours of sleep, no food and lots of stress. (he killed me with ftilt /wrists). All of the above don't really help in a matchup like a peach ditto /johns.

Also i think next time I face a Zelda in a tournament I'll just be lame, ban fd, and camp the top platform. It ***** Zelda hard.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I wasn't talking about you ambix, moreso the platform camping foxes I had to deal with. In friendlies if you camp me I just think you're lame and not creative so I don't put forth the effort to beat you.
My sentiments exactly. (including the *****y undertone)

Macd is mad good at the Peach ditto. I played Armada in one match and he ***** me, but I think macd is better but idk cuz when I played macd I was running off of two hours of sleep, no food and lots of stress. (he killed me with ftilt /wrists). All of the above don't really help in a matchup like a peach ditto /johns.

Also i think next time I face a Zelda in a tournament I'll just be lame, ban fd, and camp the top platform. It ***** Zelda hard.
Mccain is amazing in peach dittos, and i'd like to state I was the first person he killed with a ftilt in tourny.

Get at me.

Ambix

Smash Ace
=(

That makes me feel terrible.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I think imma start camping in friendlies just to get in the mood. I keep losing tourny matches to puffs and samus cuz im never in the mood to deal with a really dumb match.

Either that, or play exclusively Sheik in those MUs.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
You do what you gotta do, I guess. But if it's a friendly, dare to be bold or something. If I start getting camped in a friendly, I usually just quit or do stupid **** because the match isn't fun anymore.

MacD

Mccain is amazing in peach dittos, and i'd like to state I was the first person he killed with a ftilt in tourny.

Get at me.
the missed dash attack that started it all

I think imma start camping in friendlies just to get in the mood. I keep losing tourny matches to puffs and samus cuz im never in the mood to deal with a really dumb match.

Either that, or play exclusively Sheik in those MUs.
camping is becoming a part of the game and certain match ups. it's going to be expected, i mean kels camped me hard in our friendlies but like whatever, it's how you play who cares, i had fun playing those (maybe cause i won every single one haha)

people need to find the fun or challenge in dealing with camping, it's a good thinking battle and you gotta find ways to get in, it really helps you become a better player if you can get around it, i mean if some noob is camping poorly you'll still **** him quick enough, and if you are having troubles with him then it's good for you to play him

also, i'll post all my sets when they get uploaded, reneblade has me vs armada and me vs hax (not so good lol), me vs axe the full thing should get up in theory, there is a friendly set of me vs amsah and some teams with zhu

only tourney matches i got in singles recorded were me losing lol, i am happy with how i did overall, losing only to 2nd, 4th, and 5th it doesn't sound like i got 17th lol (beat everyone in all my pools except axe, then lost to armada and hax in bracket),

idk why i never thought i'd end up playing a peach ditto on brinstar, best counterpick ever doh

i beat cactuar 2nd round of pools to get 1st seed, i beat tope in a $3 mm 3-2, beat raynex first round of bracket, then other things that meh count cause they were just friendlies

i think that is most of my pound stuff, ask any questions or whatever i'll fill you in

oh and best bowser ditto ever crismas!!!! hahahaahahahah

TheLake

Smash Master
Pssh zelda can just up air to accidental suicide to make you feel bad if you camp the top platform

And ill just ban dream land so naaaaah

and ill kick your ness too!

(OH IM TARGETING YOU ALL)

now side B in the matchup...

thats another story

a terrible

terrible story

jesus such a terrible story O_O

MacD

now side B in the matchup...

thats another story

a terrible

terrible story

jesus such a terrible story O_O
LOOOOOOOOOOOL *****es don't know about side b vs zelda!!!!

god, that ***** you soooo hard hahahahahahahha

@MacD: I figured you needed a first seed more than I did. ;)
<33333 cactus

the master of... being sexy or something

oh and here is

me vs hax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whrHXBqiExM

me vs armada http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vpb98LXZKo

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Hey Peach boards. I just picked up peach about 3 weeks ago. I've got the basics down, but i need help on the float cancelled nairs. can anyone explain that too me?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
hold down, then press and hold x/y, release down, press z or a (you may release or hold), release x/y, fast fall into ground.

I used to practice in training mode vs bowsers with star power, to simulate hitting a person/shield.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Cactuar's avatar is officially the 2nd best avatar on the forums. (2nd only to mine of course)

MacD

can't wait for stab to upload the vids from this weekend, lots of macd's secondaries in action!!!!! LOOOOL

me and fly rotated teams soooo hard

in my pools i used peach first round, someone else 2nd, sad i forgot to push record one set cause i got off 2nd match

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Pound was soooo fun. Even tho I got ***** by top platform. Those of you who didn't go missed out. And yeah, you should feel bad :p

:teemo:
LOOOOL!!
What a jerk XD

Cactuar's avatar is officially the 2nd best avatar on the forums. (2nd only to mine of course)
I can't figure out if your avatar is Dr. Doom or something else >.>

McCain, I wanted to go say hi to you at Pound, but I guess you just lost a match or something and looked hella sad, so like... I got nervous and didn't say hi. Just stared -___-

MacD

haha awwww, sounds like i just lost teams or singles, whenever i lose/get out of a tourney i am always sad

but you should have found me earlier!!! oh well, next time you got this haha

i love meeting people

so weird when someone i don't know calls me by my first name, throws me off lol

Top Bottom