• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Cia

das kwl
HAHAHAHAHAHA.. that sounds like Jfox 100%

either way, I'm favoriting that video instantly. You guys come up with the most humiliating Peach techniques.

I'm gonna invent the toad > peach bomber combo.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i'm trying to figure out fall off the ledge, reverse toad a falco or something, and make sure they get hit by that one spore that spikes them, and since it's falco, he'll die... omg that sounds amzaing

or fall off reverse/toad a fox, then float out of toad and fair

omg amazing!!!!!!

ps vanz the video is above your post if you didn't see it

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
sad about what? Xelic is too skinny and black jinjo is too short. I need a man like chosen one unfffff

john!

Smash Hero
i'm trying to figure out fall off the ledge, reverse toad a falco or something, and make sure they get hit by that one spore that spikes them, and since it's falco, he'll die... omg that sounds amzaing
Toadgames are WAY TOO GOOD for recovery.

Like if you're barely below the ledge and you jump, they'll always try to hit you...

...but then you TOAD their *** and since Toad lifts you up a bit, you get onstage anyway and commence further ****.

Another opportunity is when spacies try to go offstage and hit you... because they have such a small window of time in which their double jump can reach... you can usually toad them safely.

The Irish Mafia

Vanz/MacD:
You guys need to understand just how much melee I am playing. Not even joking, I am usually playing 4 days a week against legitimate players, most of who are better than me, so I think you can excuse me when I'm a little skeptical that playing more is the answer. I've been consistently improving for a long time, but not at the rate I'd like to, and I haven't come close to a skill level where I'm satisfied with my playing. I'm trying to get some perspective on my playstyle and really trying to forget most of the thing's I've assumed about peach.

So Jfox is back? Cool i guess

The Irish Mafia

Toad doesn't work. Like really if you do it don't do it again even if it worked it's just such a bad idea

Before I get all the "herp de derp it has this one application when recovering" or whatever, it's still a predictable and punishable move that hurts more than it helps. I've experimented with it and get burned pretty much every time.

The Irish Mafia

yeah
So a while ago we were discussing CP stages for marth, and I think I finally realized the best option, assuming it isn't banned: DL64. You live plenty from all his tipper bull****, the high platforms save you from utilt and auto-tipper fsmash while giving you options to come down, and you have room to get away from him/make him approach.
This or DK 64 because it gives you more options while recovering which is important to avoid the cstick of doooooom

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Mafia- Maybe he means play more people? O_o I know that's my problem. I don't have enough people practice. Plus, it's kind of hard playing the people that'll be critical of me so I get what I'm doing wrong. (One of the reasons I'm said I didn't get to play VaNz over the weekend.)

HBK- sadly you are correct, xD. I haven't been hit by nearly as many Ken combos as I thought I would...but I find myself nearly getting hit by them.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Jfox - Get *****.

DoH - LMAO.

Eval - You're mad cute in person.

Mafia - Just CP DK64. The slants make f-throw --> tipper difficult, its a big stage, barrel can help against a ken combo, and you can pull a Pink Shinobi and camp him to death.

MacD - We're ****ing amazing.

The Irish Mafia

Yeah, if anyone needs to learn the marth matchup with peach or vice versa, talk to god**** husband and wife. According to husband if you DI Marth's Fthrow down and out and then neutral tech following up is virtually impossible.

Edit: LOL JFOXES ICON

JustCallMeJay

Smash Rookie
i see whats happening now. rosedemon is trying to score some virtual a$$ via a message board by going into a room filled with a bunch of f*gs. where better than the peach boards...

now i can see why im the odd man out, its cuz i prefer vag. well, in that case, good luck with the cybersex kids ;)

MacD

too much hype after a big tourney!!!!!!!!

alan we are pretty amazing

and god, why do i have to be so ugly/take bad pics :(

EDIT: DoH i'm ********, when i said you're jealous, i totally misread your post :( oh well

Cia

das kwl
^ nice. how did you do overall? did changing your playstyle feel better or worse?

---

also, i've got about 4 mins 59 secs of combo footage. So, my combo video should be out sometime during Feb. Raaaaape.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I just read the past 2 pages. Jfox is awesome LOL

IrishMafia you are the most motivated player I've seen.

Also, playing a lot encourages bad habits. You could be playing the same people everyday the same way and not notice the bad habits you do all the time.

The Irish Mafia

Connor you don't know how bad I need to be good. Thanks.

Vanz, the major changes I made was I played a lot campier, and mostly forced him to approach. Whenever I saw the window to follow up an attack, I tried to reconsider and decide if I'd get punished/if it would work. I played a couple matched with this style and a couple with my regular style, and a few with a fusion. The fusion worked but not just doing what you told me ended up getting me kneed the least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUT8eDOYXPc&feature=sub
this is me doing a bit of both. I could've been a little less offensive but it's my first try and I'm getting to be a little campier. I noticed a lot of spots where I didn't have to attack but did anyway. Any and all critique is welcome. More vids to come, probably.

Quaz

Smash Master
you coast people are lucky you have people by you to play against. I barely have anyone good to play against at a regular basis. (well I have some people but man we're nothing compared to the coasts). I really feel like I'm supposed to be really good now but I don't think I can improve at all anymore.

tldr midwest johns, I suck, I might stop taking melee as seriously as I did before =(

Top Bottom