• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Then hopefully I will be more prepared than you! More prepared... enough... to make top 3.
Right before you play him just tell him you saw him miss a downsmash for the win against Kels at LoLiS V. That should be enough to take home the victory, at least in your mind.

Edit: LoLiS V XD

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
how do i use peach while teaming with marth? i know to be a stock saver and to get grabs for my partner to fsmash.

what else should i be doing? how can i get grab more often/not die as much?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Stocktanking is peaches' natural place in teams. Also, the ablility to do 40ish% in one attack allows you to build up damage and then your teammate to knock them off, then either of you may ledgeguard. Turnips are optional, they either really work or really don't. Marth should be getting the grab in this team, it allows the Marth dthrow- peach usmash combo. Marth can't do much if his teammate gets a grab because he's so inaccurate.

TLDR do damage, have marth grab, have marth fsmash, ledgeguard, finish marth's grab combos.

EDIT: as a person who grabs offensively I believe that there are better teammates than marth for peach. Fox, Falcon, and shiek are all great teammates for peach, and i think their team combo potential is often overlooked.

Cia

das kwl
So I'm talking to ArcNatural for some tips before pound. He says I tend to be weak on the approach v fox, and I also don't do good things on platforms. Any tips on what I should be doing in these situations?
Peach's approach is really just a half approach and a bait for Fox to come the rest of the way. Use turnips to cause distractions and create error. Floating above SH Nair height also works (just don't get obvious) Punish hard!

how do i use peach while teaming with marth? i know to be a stock saver and to get grabs for my partner to fsmash.

what else should i be doing? how can i get grab more often/not die as much?
I'm not sure why this works.. All I know is that it just does. Marth should be the main grabber in the team. He can toss people into Peach's charged smashes, which later becomes serious combos. Peach should also be in air a lot throwing turnips while Marth just cuts through everything on the ground.

You should watch some Husband and Wife vids. (Or Anything of Cort teaming with a good Marth)

Vanz just wondering are you scared of anyone in your pool?
Uhh.. Not Really. I didn't know half the names I saw in my pool, but I've been hearing that one of them is pretty good in their region. I don't remember their name or who they play. It's a mystery :)

I will check this

can I get some advice for uuaa or Chad? Please? also, Peach dittos. Vans, I will find you here and have you tell me everything I must know to beat Brdy
I've never played either of them. But if you need advice vs their characters, then check the OP. And Peach dittos.. Uhh.. that would take too long to explain right now. I'd rather show you at pound.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

I'm not sure why this works.. All I know is that it just does. Marth should be the main grabber in the team. He can toss people into Peach's charged smashes, which later becomes serious combos. Peach should also be in air a lot throwing turnips while Marth just cuts through everything on the ground.

You should watch some Husband and Wife vids. (Or Anything of Cort teaming with a good Marth)
Or in some cases the only combo mirite? :lick:

Also so I don't spam this thread too much lawl.

Marth/Peach can have some serious edgeguards. Especially if both aren't scared to go off the stage. A lot of times for instance, Vanz will hover above the stage slightly and cover recoveries from above and I'll grab edge or go off and fair people for going too low.

Another very good edgeguard thats very simple is to have peach hold the edge and marth fsmash the edge as peach rolls up from the edge. Husband/wife **** still works =3

MacD

vanz, if i beat you in dittos, what will that mean for you??

and pika is dumb, though i beat axe somehow, one thing i'd say is learn how the pika keeps recovering, i mean normally he'll be basically impossible to get, but after a while you can learn their pattern, i got a dsmash stage spike that way and a few dair > nair edgeguards, along with just small hits, at the least they do damage

wait, i'm assuming chad is the pika player if not there is some useless advice for everyone

MacD

awww :( that's what a lot of people are saying, but we can't quit till we find 3 noobs to take our place

well i mean good you'd shrug it off and stuff, some people take losses like the end of the world, but i wanna play you in dittos some and againt your sheik

and tec0, i wanna play you too, maybe mm though i think you'd wreck me

Cia

das kwl
I still plan to enjoy myself @ Pound. In fact, I might go a few days early. I want to play Europe (who's already in MD) w/o 345 other people waiting to play them.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Macd wants to beat DoH in a ditto, and take the title of Diva.

Thats Mccain for you!

MacD

tec0, i am glad to do friendlies, though i'm going to take like $50+ for mm's so maybe like a $2 one if you don't completely **** me

Macd wants to beat DoH in a ditto, and take the title of Diva.

Thats Mccain for you!
screw that, i'm going to beat xelic and be queen!!!!

btw just ask doh about our night of dittos... and how much of a noob my upsmash made him look like ;)

he almost learned by the end of the night... almost <3

MacD

haha, maybe i'm just leading into a false sense of security, or maybe i have no faith in myself, or maybe i just think you are better than you are

i guess only our super important world's gonna end $2 mm will tell

ps offer is void if we end up playing in pools/bracket

MacD

oh dang, i did see that tec0 combo vid... i'm not teching in place against him is all i learned lol

but yea we will mm too... and i still think it's weird you use my name even though we've never met

MacD

lol p, too bad he quit again, i loved how he like posted that he was going to beat up like 4 people in so cal, then a week later appologized, it was just like wtf was going through your mind?

whatever landon, i hadn't played melee

... and how dare you 10 battlefields me!!!!!!!!

Cia

das kwl
i still think it's weird you use my name even though we've never met

KK's last name just happens to contain "MacD" so maybe that's why?

and why do people call you McCain?

Why do I know KK's last name?

Who will be the highest placing Peach @ Pound?

Are there any good restaurants near Pound?

Am I ****?

Why does teczero ooze alcohol all over my thread?

These are questions that MUST be answered.

Top Bottom