• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
How many tournaments have i been to in that timeframe? How many tournaments have we even had in the last year.

I havent placed out side the money in doubles... Since like 08 09. But this isnt about what I do, since im not a part of this conversation. All i said was that when you place in the money, your perception will probably change on a few things. Unless youre just being salty, i dont know why i was even brought up at all.

:phone:

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Tyrant has placed in the money a bunch of times. Besides that I have placed in the money like 9/10 of my last tournys and my perspective never changed. Some people actually like getting better for reasons outside of winning money, and playing good people makes you better.

in essence, It aint bout da money.

huMps

Smash Ace
Nobody's profiting off this game, especially when you consider the amount of time you have to put in to get good enough to actually win $(for most of us). And then there's gas and taking off work and all that.

The real reason some people don't like playing better players than themselves is they don't know how to handle losing.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
im not too upset losing to players i know are better than me. thats not why i dont want to go. what bothers me is knowing im on a fixed income, with real bills to pay and long with having to take the time away from school and work (i know its the weekend, but its all day saturday which is honestly time i could use to work on my grad work as well as my job).

so i dont mind going, and losing to anti, or m2k. but when i have to worry about going and losing to 20 people of that calibar, while paying for gas and sitting in a car for half of the trip, id rather just play with people in the area who are pretty close in skill and work on that for now. im not about to throw away $60+ for this.

p.s. kyle, youve always been a scrub for as long as ive known you, just saying. even if you went mk. youd have better luck going sonic.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I'll throw my two cents in.

I don't play for money. I play because I love the game. I'm willing to drop a few bucks to have a good time. But, that's why I only play in CNY. If I were traveling, money would be more of an incentive.

Not that I've been to a tournament in two years.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm planning on hosting 2 tournaments for my last quarter at RIT. I just want to know what date you want me to host it on, and any suggestions about what you'd like to see or how I should run it.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
idk ive been looking for people who are either at SU or near the area to play with or against

i mean, right now i cant really do much because im kinda ****ed with work, but i was told a couple of months ago that the scene was dead

Sharky

Smash Master
now that the beach is closed I have a lot more free time. There are also a couple guys at SU that you should hit up, I'll bug them to get on here and talk to you, as well. PM me your cell number, and we can try to set some sessions up =)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
a tournament in syracuse? damn im liking this already..

the only thing that'd make this better is some su brawlers lol. ill figure that out eventually (shoutouts to sharky)

samus73

Smash Rookie
Nyc

Hi guys, I'm a french smasher and I will be in new York for a week. I'll visit the place during 3 days with a friend, but from Wednesday 12 to friday 14 i'll be alone there.
So I planed to see some other things, but I was thinking if a day is rainy or during an evening, I could maybe meet some NYC smashers and play some melee!
So if anyone live in manhattan or close, it could be fun to meet you!
Let me know, bye

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Just posting (publicly) to give a big thanks to Sharky for hooking me up with some people, that was extremely generous of you and I really appreciate it!

I actually did play Dan (Stack) today, and it was a lot of fun. I have not played Brawl before today since the start of the summer really so it was nice to get back into it.

I'm looking forward to Dustbowl and whatever sessions we'll have before then.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
hey ill come to cuse to meet cura tomorrow whats the game plan tell me quick ima be at class all night tonight then going hard at the bars tonight then whenever i wake up tomorrow ill rroll to cuse tell me tell me

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Dan said (vaguely) last night that they'd probably be meeting at his place on SU. I think well know for sure by tonight..

:phone:

Top Bottom