• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I already have a page on smashwiki

Or rather I did except it was deleted.

also don't forget that doom machine has won at least 21 nationals
Must of been on the old SmashWikia then, as I don't see its deleted remains. Though reading through some of the old tournies, you seem to be someone I forgotten to add to the list.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'm sure there's a couple more people you can think of. ;)

Also I fixed my desyncing problem so I've been starting to upload some of the saved replays. Check out my first post on the 8th BEST results or http://www.youtube.com/PieDisliker
I thought of you and L-Don, though looking through old results, I only saw you two in ASX3 and 8th BEST. If there's more you two been a part of, feel free to tell me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
me, neil, and goodies go all the way back to 05. those two go back to RIT sponsored tournaments in like 02....

theres no way i could give you all the touneys ive entered.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I found a list of tournaments that I posted a couple years ago so I updated it with everything since then (which isn't really that much). I remember my placement for a bunch of these and some are in AiB archives. I don't have time right now so I'll have to update this later.

Melee
KOTC (Summer 2006)
Tristate Gaming / New Smash City series (2006 - 2007)
EVO East (May 2007)
Smashtality III (June 2007)
NYST 3 and other Bailey tournaments (2006 - 2007)
Smashacre (July 2007, August 2007)
Rochester's Final Smash (January 2008)
CornellCon 2008 - TO (April 2008)
No Johns series (2009 - 2011)
CornellCon 2010 (April 2010)
Apex 2010 (August 2010)
AXS 2 (March 2011)
Combo'd on Arrival (July 2011)
AXS 3 (October 2011)
FYJ (January 2012)
Apex 2012 (January 2012)

Brawl
XIESTICLE (June 2008)
No Nonsense 2 (June 2008)
Reaper's Game III (July 2008)
XIIESTICLE (July 2008)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I thought of you and L-Don, though looking through old results, I only saw you two in ASX3 and 8th BEST. If there's more you two been a part of, feel free to tell me.
Syracuse Smash 1 - Sept. 2009, bcb 7th, L-Don (andyisjudo) 13th
Syracuse Smash 2 (Only entered Melee Singles) Jan 2010 - bcb 33rd, L-Don (Judo) 25th
Syracuse Smash 3 July 2010 - bcb 17th, L-Don 13th
AXS 3 November 2011 - bcb 9th, L-Don 9th
8th BEST February 2012 - bcb 13th, L-Don 9th

There was a lack of entering tourneys between SS3 and AXS 3. Probably why you couldn't find old results.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Inty & I came up with a new game. It's called:

Judgement Day

Rules:
3 or 4 player FFA (3 works best?)
4 stocks
2.0 Damage Ratio
Mushroom Kingdom II
Game & Watch only,
judgement hammer only
(up+b may be used to recover)

First to 10 wins wins the day.
We all win.

It can help teach some important smash lessons

-Cross-

Smash Ace
who from syracuse/west of utica is going to Utican? I'm looking to join a carpool since I want to bring a setup and I do not want to have to carry a tv and whatnot on a bus by myself

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm honestly surprised that the metagame doesn't revolve around that method. It's so efficient, and guaranteed.

The Smash community has got to step it up. This is 2012!

huMps

Smash Ace
Ten years of melee data erased, controller broken, and I got a parking ticket. I guess it's good that theses things only come in threes.

Still an awesome time last night. Latest I've stayed up in like ten years!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Youre one of the nicest guys I know.

Somebody really beat you so bad that you broke your controller AND memory card.

GD, that mustve been one serious whoopin you took.

huMps

Smash Ace
Youre one of the nicest guys I know.

Somebody really beat you so bad that you broke your controller AND memory card.

GD, that mustve been one serious whoopin you took.
No, even worse. Just a bunch of ****ty luck lol

A memory card rage slam would be ****ing epic though lol! I might have to do that

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
yo so...been a while. Sup?

ps: ton of new-gen smash kids looking to get in touch with people. Hit me up on fb if you want to get in touch with them.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I go to Hamilton College in Clinton, NY. Again it's only 15-20 minutes away from Utica, and if you are coming from the west then you barely waste any time picking up and going to Utica then if you just went to Utica.

Sharky

Smash Master
I wanna talk carpools for Utican. Questions:

who's going from syracuse?

how many rochester people want to go?

Once I get this info I can figure out what will be best with cross.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
One of the best things about having a tourney at a movie theatre is that they've got those giant letters with "Smash Tournament" (or something along the sorts) when people pass by and check for what movies they're playing. I can imagine just from that it'll bring a lot of interested players.

Also anyone who's got stream equippment should PM me. We may have wireless internet at the place afterall. If we don't stream I may look into getting some equippment myself in the future, but not realistically for this tourney.

Edit: Also along with Cross, Zant is looking for someone to take him to the tourney. I'd really appreciate it if someone could take either or both of those guys.

huMps

Smash Ace
Most likely coming to RIT tomorrow. Goggles - you going to be there? I want to play your new sheik.

If my controler works, I keep forgetting. . . . ****

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
any one that plays brawl that is around the ithaca area that can drive want to make a super awesome fun spectacular somewhat last minute trip to smashachussetts this weekend? its looking like it will be pretty big.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
well someone who has a car that lives anywhere in upstate ny should totally drive out to ithaca, pick me up, and then pick up other people, and then head out on a really cool adventure road trip.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Change of plans - due to some unforeseen circumstances I will be going home and getting my car. This means that Ithaca will probably be attending almost every tournament between now and May.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I won't be back in time for this weekend but we'll be going to the Utica tournament for sure. However, Cornell people + Rykard have first priority. If there's still room we can take you too.

Top Bottom