• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys in such dire need of a pr? Heres the thing, tourny season basically ends in may. No region tournys are hosted june-august.If we make the Pr starting right now then the tournys that happen in march/apr(of which there are plenty) wont be counted until the next pr which because of the long tourny drought that happens over the summer wont be until like November or later and at the point nobody wants to be using a sample size where half the results were half a year ago. So what im asking is just wait till May and we can make a nice pr which encompasses our entire tourny season, with both a little bit of old results and plenty of fresh new ones.

As for the council Prolly be Me, Vibe(or tyrant if he promised to actually talk lol),and Goggles(dont gimmi dat regionless bs lol).

ps: I want to get rid of the melee pr at end of the season. I dont think anyones gonna care but if you have a problem with that go **** yourself Voice your concern in the thread

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Are you guys in such dire need of a pr? Heres the thing, tourny season basically ends in may. No region tournys are hosted june-august.If we make the Pr starting right now then the tournys that happen in march/apr(of which there are plenty) wont be counted until the next pr which because of the long tourny drought that happens over the summer wont be until like November or later and at the point nobody wants to be using a sample size where half the results were half a year ago. So what im asking is just wait till May and we can make a nice pr which encompasses our entire tourny season, with both a little bit of old results and plenty of fresh new ones.

As for the council Prolly be Me, Vibe(or tyrant if he promised to actually talk lol),and Goggles(dont gimmi dat regionless bs lol).

ps: I want to get rid of the melee pr at end of the season. I dont think anyones gonna care but if you have a problem with that go **** yourself Voice your concern in the thread

I'm okay with waiting until may, I guess.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so the sheik left, kwan is near the top in the region, and all i have to deal with are two marths???

oooooh i hope i get this internship....tournaments in this region will be funnnnnn

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
kinda feel like we need to drop both prs and just make a double pr. What do you tihnk dudu

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I don't see any reason to modify the structure of the PRs. They promote competition which is important for the growth of small regions. They should be updated more regularly to give people more motivation imo.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm with nintendude. not that NC is a small region, but our PR is pretty competitive, and it's really annoying when we don't upgrade often enough lol.

huMps

Smash Ace
I also agree with nintendude. I don't understand why you would want to get rid of any of the PRs.
It's something for players to shoot for and it gives recognition to those who put in the work.
And more consistant updateing would be cool.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
Rochester needs to start coming to tournaments in ENY then... We can't update a PR when half the region only comes to half the tournaments

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Theres no way to have a accurate pr with the laziness expressed through-out the region (meaning most of our region wont travel [meaning most of melee wont travel]) unless you want a pr mainly for the sake of encouraging the other players of less skill to get better as a type of goal system then id approve other than that I feel like you should drop the melee pr.

huMps

Smash Ace
Well it kinda sucks that the most active TOs in NY are 5 hours away from roc, 3 from cuse. It has nothing to do with lazy, it's money and time that are keeping us home.
90 percent of the melee players in NY (not nyc) are in rochester/syracuse, and all the tourneys are in troy.
Keep it up troy (:

PRs are based on tourney results . . . so make a system based off that, and if Jesse, Mana or I or whoever else flakes out of enough tournaments, well I guess we might not get the PR placing we want but we really cant argue.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'd argue that albany has nearly as many melee players as rochester actually, they just don't have a big name like jesse

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Someone else from Syracuse should step it up and host a tourney. There's enough players in that area, at least one of you guys should be able to find a place.

Though I admit that I'm not hosting a tourney because I was looking for one, but because an opportunity came to me and I took it. I'd love to see some Rochester attendance at Utican, though. I'd like to make it out to Rochester for one of the Upstate Battle Series but I'm unsure on it atm.

And also, I gotta spend more time working on school. That shiz got real for me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Someone else from Syracuse should step it up and host a tourney. There's enough players in that area, at least one of you guys should be able to find a place.

Though I admit that I'm not hosting a tourney because I was looking for one, but because an opportunity came to me and I took it. I'd love to see some Rochester attendance at Utican, though. I'd like to make it out to Rochester for one of the Upstate Battle Series but I'm unsure on it atm.

Ima do my best lil dude. Ill try as hard as I can to support it because its you.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman

Me, Sharky, and Erk are gonna take over the hosting for Syracuse. Prolly nothing soon because spring is already really saturated. So prolly something sept-nov.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Not a bad assumption Vibe. Anyone else that needs a ride from the Albany area is welcome to join, I probably have two spots left, if CAC and Vibe come, since Zaandaa can't make it. Pat? CJT? Tyrant?

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and I have Friday off from work, so I might make the trip for smash club. Need more in person practice, especially with my internet being wonky lately.

Sharky

Smash Master
Not a bad assumption Vibe. Anyone else that needs a ride from the Albany area is welcome to join, I probably have two spots left, if CAC and Vibe come, since Zaandaa can't make it. Pat? CJT? Tyrant?
If I give you something at utican can you drop it off with zaandaa on your way back?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
On SmashWiki, I'm going to be creating smasher articles for the following people in our region:

Cura
Eevee
Dr. Grandpa
Pika Pika!
KID Goggles
Vibe
Calm
Metal Pat
Tommy Green Shirt
SMM1
Sharky
CAC
James G
CJT
Doom Machine
JesiahTEG
Tuna
Kwan
Beta
Nintendude1889
Erk
Zaandaa
TheManaLord
Goodies
Kanto

If you're one of the players in that list, or know someone on it enough, please provide me with the following information, preferably through pm:

All tournament results
Previous power rankings if applicable
All tournaments hosted if applicable
Full character usage information
Some information regarding play style and such
Miscellaneous notable and relevant information
A picture of yourself if applicable

Also, if I missed anyone else notable in our region, please notify me of who.

Edit: I need full tournament results on San as well (we have an article on him, but I think we only have a fraction of his tournament results).

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I already have a page on smashwiki

Or rather I did except it was deleted.

also don't forget that doom machine has won at least 21 nationals

Top Bottom