• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Is it cool with whoever is at the apartment if I come by and stay between the 22nd (Friday) and the 24th (Sunday)?

I can drive up that weekend. I wanna play you guys again.

Plus I gotta grab my stuff that has been probably collecting dust for the past few months lol
:c:c:c:c:c:c:c

:awesome: this

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
So holy crap I'm postin' again. It's been a bit hectic tryin' to find work and what not, but how's ya'll been and all that good stuff? Sun and I probably won't be attending any tourneys until sometime next year. I need to get a job and get that settled to help pay my share of rent and all that, but maybe sometime if he gets a weekend off, we may come down and chillax with ya'll down in Rochester or even Syracuse, dependin' on what's goin' on and all that jazz.

DLeet

Smash Rookie
Random statement because I haven't posted in forever and a half. I have to get myself on that power ranking list even if its #10. That is all for now.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Zao knows where its at. you guys should show up, NY did pretty well at DNA, although im pretty sure San and TGS are gonna be at DC so who knows.

also, 2 sonic mains in the PR? i feel like somethings wrong here >_>

p.s. sharky, next time i make it to a NY tourn, i wanna MM. i enjoy playing yoshi.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
I love when people in Brawl get a kill and they want to show off like you can in Melee, but Brawl has nothing of that.

*Full charge upsmash....upsmash.*

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I love when people get a kill in general and feel that have to show off, melee or brawl, when instead they should be setting up for the next stock and positioning themselves for the invincible character that's about to drop down. You'll learn though c:

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
I love when people get a kill in general and feel that have to show off, melee or brawl, when instead they should be setting up for the next stock and positioning themselves for the invincible character that's about to drop down. You'll learn though c:
I actually don't try to show off in tournament play. c:

In a friendly, why not try practicing a little tech skill when you have the chance?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Tech skill isnt the only thing it takes to win in melee. Should play all friendlys as if they were tournament matches if you are truly trying to improve.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yet you still screw around trying to be fancy in brawl after you kill me, (example: "attempting" To dR with yoshi) and what always happens? YOU DIE NOOB! Moral of the story. If your trying to get better dont try and be fancy. And besides try hard in melee is different than try hard in brawl Lol.

Im the best!

Tech skill isnt the only thing it takes to win in melee. Should play all friendlys as if they were tournament matches if you are truly trying to improve.
Not true at all, you use friendlies to test out new ideas and strategies, as well as general learning of habits people can fall into or learning matchups. You wouldn't play a tournament match to learn or try out something potentially risky, whereas you would with a friendly match where there's nothing on the line. It's not that you shouldn't be trying to win friendlies, but you should be putting much more focus on improvement and learning.

And there's nothing wrong with a little flash now and again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sounds like cura is just a big ole hypocrite with everything related to sharky.

zao is also exactly right.

although in both games, I tend to do stupid unsafe things that the opponent thinks they can punish so they can attack in a straight forward manner, then I can easily avoid them and time out their I frames.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I....completely forgot about Smash club.

May be hitting that up later.

My state of sobriety when I arrive may also be completely in question.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Drunk driving is the epitome of stupidity.

Drunk running-in-the-rain-to-RIT, however, is probably the exact opposite.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I totally want to see what Tyrant looks like without his afro.

I hope his hair is braided, because I totally can't picture him with a shaved head.

gravy

Smash Ace
Hey, anyone know where the club is tonight? Im at RIT, at the fireside lounge, im kinda stranded, anyone have any idea? Im the kid in the leather jacket, if anyone can point me in the right direction

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
:yoshi: Drunk driving is the epitome of stupidity.

Drunk running-in-the-rain-to-RIT, however, is probably the exact opposite.
so I found out statistically more people die walking home drunk than driving.

For your own safety...drive drunk to RIT ASAP.

Ps: my cousin is coming to the school tonight for dodgeball if anyone wants to meet him :)

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Hey, anyone know where the club is tonight? Im at RIT, at the fireside lounge, im kinda stranded, anyone have any idea? Im the kid in the leather jacket, if anyone can point me in the right direction
Help this kid, I've been in his position before.

Top Bottom