• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Slashy

Smash Lord
Ike 3 stocking Metaknight in normal Brawl, with players that are actually skilled. Impressive.

I thought of a name for my next tournament when I plan it. It will be called Side Dishes, namely for its gimmick. It will be a tournament comprised of side events. Including a Melee event (if I can work out the kinks of getting enough setups) that will be a combination of singles and doubles.

FLK

Smash Rookie
Hey. I'm a long time Melee player from Long Island that just moved to Buffalo for school. I'm itching to get back into Melee, or maybe Brawl, even. Are there any upcoming events up here I should know about?

By 'up here', I guess I mean anywhere within an hour and a half or so from Buffalo, if any of you guys are around there.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
That was pretty sick. Our entire region aside from San is underrated though. I bet other top players on the PR including myself can do work out of state.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Hey. I'm a long time Melee player from Long Island that just moved to Buffalo for school. I'm itching to get back into Melee, or maybe Brawl, even. Are there any upcoming events up here I should know about?

By 'up here', I guess I mean anywhere within an hour and a half or so from Buffalo, if any of you guys are around there.
AXS
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287142

Eaode

Smash Champion
yo who's going to ROM3 that can drive me alsooo?

I dont need to be housed or brought back by you necessarily, just driven down, I'll figure out housing and shiit

anyone from Rochester? Pyro? Goggles? Nub?
Anyone from Syracuse?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Hate to tell you this, but with goggles no longer hosting tournaments i think about 80% of tournaments will be in syracuse, i think they do smashclubs in buffalo. Get in touch with blue peachy he is a buffalo smasher probably the best in buffalo in both brawl and melee (i think)

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but if Dr. G beats you in tourney, then he should be above you imo.

Also, he usually places higher from what I've seen, but you did end up placing higher at the most recent tourney...so keep up the good work?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
last I checked james, you beat dr.g at said most recent tourney, so why arent you above him.

thats one tasty double standard amirite?

Foy

Smash Champion

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Is it cool with whoever is at the apartment if I come by and stay between the 22nd (Friday) and the 24th (Sunday)?

I can drive up that weekend. I wanna play you guys again.

Plus I gotta grab my stuff that has been probably collecting dust for the past few months lol

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but Dr. G also beat me at the tournament before that.

We're 1-1 in tournament sets, so he must have done something else significant to get above me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
He beat me...

He really hasnt done anything tho. I love jason, hes my boy but the current list is kinda janky.

in the first tourney this year, you and i tied for 5th and he got 4th.
the recent tourney I split for first, you got third and he got 4th or 5th.
and previous to that, Ive performed in tourneys better than both of you, you didnt really go to any tourneys, jason didnt make it out of pools at apex. and I got 49th at MLG, out placing neil.
besides, im not really of the opinion that just because you beat somebody that means they should automatically be above you in the PR. And even if that were the case, not to take anything away from you, but despite the fact that me and you are pretty even in important sets, ive won our last 3 matchs in a row.

just seems like im always getting janked out of stuff. I mean, if thats how its gonna be, you can just make me 10th on the PR and put everyone else above me,and just never move me. Because at least that way theres some consistency in how its made

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ill explain it.

Why Jason is higher than you on the PR.
Overall Jason has been to 3 out of state nationals. Both you and Jason went to 1 MLG Event. You went to columbus Jason went to orlando. You did place higher than him However But i believe his losses are more admiral losing to DSF and San both national level players, while you did lose to m,vd which he is very good but not at that level of dsf and san. You posted that jason didnt make it out of pools at apex, but he did. Not sure how you got confused about that. Which is a very important task Jason/Frank/San were the only players out of the 7 i think that went from out region to make it out of pools. As well he attended VC7 Which he again made it out of pools.
Overall national level hes doing better than you.

Locally you havent beaten him in a long long time, in fact im not sure that you've ever beaten him in tournament. In regards to tournaments used for the minor PR Update your placings were

ss3-9th
Sheths-5 (Losing to dr g in winners)
Slashys -1/2

Though you did really good at slashys tournament, 1 tournament wont place you ahead of someone that places well on a consistant level. However if you were to continue tournament placings like so, you will be ahead of him and james next update and probably myself as well. Assuming you keep it up. So tell me how the current list is janky. I also have Moss working with me on the PR as a panelist.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know the smashfest tourney wasn't even counted, Goggles.

I beat you at ss3 and you beat me at slashy's, and I'm pretty sure that's all that they used. On that note, we are 1-1 in tourney sets this PR.

Edit: If you did wanna count smashfests, keep in mind I still beat you in a set that bracket. At Matt's smashfest we also went 1-1 in tourney sets making it 2-2.

To be fair though, you did win a couple dollar money match, so in overall sets this season counting the smashfest, and MM its 3-2 YOU....so I'm not really sure where this 3 wins in a row thing came from.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
in non friendly sets, by my count its

James at SS2 (tourney)
KID at RIT tourney (MM)
James at SS3 (tourney)
James in winners at Smashfest (tourney)
KID in losers at Smashfest (tourney)
KID at Smashfest (MM)
KID at Slashy's (tourney)

thats overall, if im correct, I actually thought we were even in tourney sets, but apparently youre up on me. Gonna have to fix that lol.

but in recent matches (last 3 months) I believe im up 3-1.

But none of that is really important, what matters is what happens next time.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Sup new kid. Welcome to the region.

Burak....ROM3?

Me you rob and another?

Either that or I'm convincing yannick neil and angel to have the most ridiculous car ever. Juni too if we can fit him.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it, with the smashfest and MM into account you have beaten me 3 times in a row. Well yeah, like I said just keep up the good work, but next time, I'm coming back with a vengeance.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Amber, Neil, Angel, Rob, and I would be pretty sick no lies.

P.S. - Someone get me dates for when Kelvin is coming back. I need to know a month in advance if this is gonna go down.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
My cat wants to go out, then he watches me to see exactly when I sit down to meow at the door to come back in.

FU*KFU*KFU*KFU*KFU*KFU*KFU*KFU*K.

Top Bottom