• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Attention, everyone, theres a pretty sizable tourney going down the week after SS2 if any one is interested, It will be in toronto, which is about an hour and a half past buffalo. I suggest we get a group, to travel down there. If we do that, they will be much more likely to travel to our tourneys in the future. if necessary ill refind the link and put it up here.

Start getting your passports now people, that shiz takes forever to get through all the red tape. And before anyone asks, yes, you do need a full fledged passport to drive to canada, that little drivers license mess doesnt fly with them anymore.

altairian

Smash Lord
My wifi isn't good enough for it to be a good option for me. Last time I played a serious game on wifi I died because I had a jump buffer over a second later and I ate a yoshi upsmash because my airdodge lagged so much after I realized that I was jumping when I wasn't supposed to be.

Maybe if some NY kids would wifi me the connection would be better, but yeah nobody ever seems to play other than cura.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
any smash going down in yonkers or the rest of westchester? /too cheap to take the train to nyc

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol isnt yonkers like 20 min from the city? the closest option you would have would be to go to albany for smash, and they arent going to have tourneys for at least three months, and even then, thats like a 60-90 min drive (i think) and theres no train to take you there.

wait for others to answer you but personally, i would say stop being lazy and go to NYC because thats probably by far your best bet for getting to tourneys.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Yeah, from your description, it sounds like you would be part of the NYC/LI region of NY, whereas this thread is for the parts of NY north of the Catskills.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i only attend events in ny.

but i highly encourage any smashers with discretionary funds to travel to as many tournaments as possible.

it's so fun

otg

Smash Master
any smash going down in yonkers or the rest of westchester? /too cheap to take the train to nyc
lol isnt yonkers like 20 min from the city? the closest option you would have would be to go to albany for smash, and they arent going to have tourneys for at least three months, and even then, thats like a 60-90 min drive (i think) and theres no train to take you there.

wait for others to answer you but personally, i would say stop being lazy and go to NYC because thats probably by far your best bet for getting to tourneys.
Wow... you both fail.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175633

We host **** regularly and play with NYC's finest on the reg. If you're looking to play with people then stay updated with the thread. Also SRXXVII lives in Yonkers, so get ***** and go plays him

altairian

Smash Lord
Im attending SS2, probably not Pound4, most likely Viridian City. Ohio=Too far.
SS2 and Viridian City are the tourneys I'm planning to attend as well. Anything west of rochester isn't happening unless it's reeeeaaaally gonna be worth it (there's supposedly a national tourney in ohio in june, I may attend that).

Hey CJT I know it's a few weeks away still but let me know when you guys are gonna be back to school cause I want to get in as much practice as possible for SS2 :D

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
nightro. it's a complete possibility. smash community is great for rides and travelling bc everyone is so chill and you have something in common no matter what lol SMASH MELEE **** yeah

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Woah, replying from like a month ago.

Spamzfair is that big loud dude who always comes to tournaments with me and my dad.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
rofl dont toss that **** around brawl + is playable definitly but its no melee at all

melee has so much depth

brawl+ is the shallowest smash game

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
FUN SPEED ACTIVATE!!!!11111!!!

Nah but seriously.

@alt we shold have about a week and a half, but yes, I would definitely like to practice before this. Rochester keeps improving too fast.

So I played my friends from back home again today. We did winner stays on. I was on the TV for a good 1.5-2 hours before my friend (on his fourth try) finally beat me. I definitely got better. Thanks CNY Smash!!

altairian

Smash Lord
Haha nice, that's awesome.

I have one buddy at work that just got back from college that plays a little smash that hopefully I'll get to slap around just to keep in practice, but yeah I definitely need you guys to help me improve even more lol

altairian

Smash Lord
alt, when you put it like that, that seems like wayyy too much work for lazy video game nerds...
Well he's talking about making a map with contact info on it...it's not that hard to member search if you know their exact username :p

Lets be honest here, it's not like even if the map listed contact info, people would actually use it to get in contact with each other. Cause like you said, they're lazy gamer kids.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ahhh, touche.

I think tho, eventually, Ill put up contact info for 1 or 2 of the people in each city/area.

but this whole conversation did help me to realise that I dont have the numbers of most of the important people in the other cities, like you and bry

Top Bottom