• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Foy

Smash Champion
Glad to see you all are still acting like emo *****es about melee while I was away.
During my hiatus from Rochester I was playing melee at Magfest and having fun/ getting better. :) Ya'll should come next time.
Yo dude get aim or something or contact me.

Almost went to Magfest, You played EPsilion right? and Sypherpheonix? that be my homeboy.

Foy

Smash Champion
im so drunk and man i love lucky charms

i wish u guys went to oswego

wed have maaaad fun
Dude get on aim sometime so i can arrange this whole "Lets play smash and tear up oswego and take ****s on peoples windshields" ****.

Get you should house alexis and Zomgrob for this **** too.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Yo dude get aim or something or contact me.

Almost went to Magfest, You played EPsilion right? and Sypherpheonix? that be my homeboy.
Yeah, I played a lot of Nova players. I was trying to **** all over the region but I lost to SkyHeart and some other guy. I played everyone in friendlies and did pretty good. Man, that was fun. I'll give you my aim, Foy. Come to smash club tomorrow night. I have a surprise for everyone.

And here is the only tourney match that I got recorded. I was trying out leading with fox and then only switching to peach if I lose. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JyOQcvkQXs

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, good **** getting 5th at magfest man, You better come to the Syracuse Tourny and bring Minh and Pyro with ya.

also talking about sigs, what are the allowed dimensions? Ive seen people with much bigger sigs then mine, yet mine gets the bottom cut.

Foy

Smash Champion

Bam goggles new sig. Anyone else want one??? Im doing an all nighter. And general ill probably be up tomorrow if i can get gas money and if the weather isnt too bad.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
sigs are very tricky at SWF

very tricky. so tricky i don't feel like explaining. they're really not THAT tricky though but pretty tricky.

i'll take a sig if it's ****** like the most ****** one

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
hell YES that's the exact gif i was hoping you'd use =)

sorry my internet died last night, at home I have dial up, it just wouldn't reconnect and it was late.

this **** is ******, love how my name pops up sick as hell man. ROC BROTHERHOOD!!!

Foy

Smash Champion
Basically MvC2 unless you can of a better dude.

>_> but ive never played you or lost to you. So i dont think i can make you one yet.

Foy

Smash Champion

Pyro :roymelee:/:marth:/:zelda: (Rochester) Probably the most skilled low tier player in the region, except for maybe minh's link. But still just doenst get the results (due to either his character choice or his level of techskill) necessary to make the list.

EL oh el. My low tiers are better then this kids. Pyro, i wanna Full cast MM you. Sometime, like if we have time at Syracuse it would be awesome, or one day up at RIT?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just realised, foy is kind of right, since my game and watch is probably the best low tier anythign in this region.

EDIT bring it manascrub.

hubble

Smash Ace
With all this trash talk, we should have a low tier round robin as a side tournament at syracuse. Pikachu all the way baby!

**** would be fun.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
although at some points in time DK Link Luigi and PIkachu have been involved in low tier events that is no longer the case. they are def better than that as we all know

hubble

Smash Ace
This is the offical list. Anything in low and below would be allowed obviously.

Fox 9.88
Marth 9.85
Sheik 9.69
Falco 9.15

High
Peach 8.35
Captain Falcon 8.00
Jigglypuff 8.00
Ice Climbers 7.88

Middle
Samus 6.77
Dr. Mario 6.23
Ganondorf 6.04
Luigi 5.81
Donkey Kong 5.38
Mario 5.34

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00

Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15

EDIT: Just looked this over, **** is mad outdated. But apparently its the FINAL list xD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
The tier list and ruleset are a big topic of discussion for melee still. Even though little work seems to be going on in the MBR.

This tier list is defined by grouping, the individual ordering within should be taken lightly. The groupings are a better definition of general success possible, characters within the same group have similar odds of success.

S
Jiggs

A
Falco, Fox, Sheik, Marth

B
Peach, Ganon, Falcon, Climbers, Samus

C
Doc, Mario, Luigi, DK, Pikachu, Link

D
Zelda, Roy, G&W, M2, Young Link

E
Bowser, Ness, Yoshi, Kirby, Pichu

that's a little more accurate. With D&E qualifying for low tier events.

Foy

Smash Champion
Lots of ****ty numbers and crap. I dont like it. **** KNOWLEDEGE AND POOP IN MY MOUTH!!

Oh and Long Island/not upstate/Jersey/Ohio. Are all cruddy at this game.

Like Mew2king. Kid sucks.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The tier list and ruleset are a big topic of discussion for melee still. Even though little work seems to be going on in the MBR.

S
Jiggs

A
Falco, Fox, Marth, Sheik

B
Peach, Ganon, Falcon, Climbers, Samus

C
Doc, Mario, DK, Luigi, Pikachu, Link

D
Zelda, Roy, G&W, Young Link, M2

E
Bowser, Ness, Yoshi, Kirby, Pichu

that's a little more accurate. With D&E qualifying for low tier events.
im down with this list for low tier events. but you think falco is better than fox?

YOU THINK GANON IS BETTER THAN FALCON?!

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Fox 9.88
Marth 9.85
Sheik 9.69
Falco 9.15

High
Peach 8.35
Captain Falcon 8.00
Jigglypuff 8.00
Ice Climbers 7.88

Middle
Samus 6.77
Dr. Mario 6.23
Ganondorf 6.04
Luigi 5.81
Donkey Kong 5.38
Mario 5.34

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00

Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15
Hmm I agree with Jigglypuff's placement on this list considering SHE LOSES TO EVERYONE ABOVE HER ON THE LIST

Top Bottom