• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

flaw

Smash Apprentice
wanted to go to smashclub but couldn't make it... what time is stuff starting today (saturday) and where?

huMps

Smash Ace
So it's confirmed, I'm still absolutely terrible at this game. Just mediocre at match ups I've done a thousand times. Low tiers that I have no experience against **** the **** outa my Marth. BALLLLLS

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It seems like due to late minute BS, the smashfest might not be able to start until 5-5:30.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
Where do you live again? If it's on the way I can prolly pick you up.

Bobby - People in the best marth thread said he doesn't auto-**** low tiers like spacies/shiek does, so maybe the experience is a good thing.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It's at RIT. I dunno if anyone will MM, but you might be able to find someone that would.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
xD

Whoever didn't go missed out on the free pizza. Chances are good that it wasn't more than 3 hours old.

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
As I indicated in the other thread, I am in need of practice. Is anyone locally (Syr) planning any smashfests soon?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Anyone have a new unused Gamecube controller I could buy? I'm looking on ebay but so far nothing good... I'd like to avoid buying the white one if possible because of the long cable.

As of today I have become technical. My controller's R button is malfunctioning :(

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
As I indicated in the other thread, I am in need of practice. Is anyone locally (Syr) planning any smashfests soon?
fest this weekend!

and there will be donuts :D

lol i say this all the time now.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
i want to permaband you so bad right now
Permaband this! :metaknight:

Anyone have a new unused Gamecube controller I could buy? I'm looking on ebay but so far nothing good... I'd like to avoid buying the white one if possible because of the long cable.

As of today I have become technical. My controller's R button is malfunctioning :(
http://www.amazon.com/Gamecube-Cont...6K/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1317759429&sr=8-11

Gladly man, as long as it's a Saturday fest (I assume it is).

Also, should we pick you up from college?
That would be fantastic! Thanks. When would we leave/get back?
fest this weekend!

and there will be donuts :D

lol i say this all the time now.
W00T!!

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Hey everyone who regulars tournaments (and everyone else, i guess)
I found a venue in albany that wants to let me run/host tournaments. and they kinda want to start asap when we get everything figured out.

my question.
with there being two weekend tournaments in nov already, would anyone be apposed to coming to a third tournament (sat 11/18 or sun 11/19)?
i really could use the info quickly as to figure out if we can set this up or not.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I found a venue in albany that wants to let me run/host tournaments. and they kinda want to start asap when we get everything figured out.

my question.
with there being two weekend tournaments in nov already, would anyone be apposed to coming to a third tournament (sat 11/18 or sun 11/19)?
i really could use the info quickly as to figure out if we can set this up or not.
maaaybe. depending on the weather, tournament density may not really be a problem for myself seeing as though i have a week off in nov. not sure about cura though. if anything i'm sure RPI smash club would go.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
maaaybe. depending on the weather, tournament density may not really be a problem for myself seeing as though i have a week off in nov. not sure about cura though. if anything i'm sure RPI smash club would go.
i was definitely going to hope for the RPI guys, but looking at the last tournament, i would say about 8 of the 16? for brawl werent in the albany area so thats what id be looking at for a turnout..

not really the ideal turnout for my first tournament.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman

my question.
Unless I can find a job in the next couple of days, I won't have the money. Otherwise i wouldn't mind going.

I'd suggest mid-December though.

Top Bottom