• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Slashy

Smash Lord
There's some combos...granted you need a partner to do them but there are combos... I guess Brawl wasn't designed for 1vs1s.

I really like my combos, that's why I like games with high hitstun or good juggle opportunities.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
The only combos are pressing the Z button.
I should correct myself, as Ice Climbers do have possible zero-deaths, it's just pretty difficult to pull them off against someone who knows what they're doing....

....and Melee has the excuse that if you get zero-deathed, you made either big mistakes in decision making or just had bad DI (i.e. if you get comboed like that it's your own damn fault).

Kydo

Smash Cadet
Since both ssbb and mvc3 have a competitive community, that must mean that they are "good" games, that are worth playing.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Since both ssbb and mvc3 have a competitive community, that must mean that they are "good" games, that are worth playing.
Everyone that I've seen playing it irl basically plays it to complain about how broken it is, which is hilarious.

Basically, like brawl scrubs. :p

huMps

Smash Ace
Jesse/Foy/Apartment - let me know the next time you guys are playing. Wednesday or friday would be best. I've been putting in alot of work, gotta see the progress.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
There's no RIT smash on either wednesday or friday of this week or next week. I am up for doing a smashfest or something though.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
I'm done thursday mornin. Smash?

I'm definitely gonna use some of his bnb. The caster comment about shield angling made me cringe. I feel like I've been doing that for a long time.

Grats, guys!
17: San
25: PikaPika
yes.

also good job at pound guys! ^^

hubble

Smash Ace
ive been fiending for smash lately.

anyone that wants to play me please let me know and we'll get mad practice in.

i want to play a more diverse group of players instead of just rob+appt guys.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952

This. Every tourney. I am currently finding out if such a ridiculously silly beverage is still in production. If not, I'll settle for scouring the world for a display setup.

EDIT: I almost wish it wasn't, finding out that it is in production kind of ruined the magic.

huMps

Smash Ace
sooooooooo anyone playing tonight? If not how's friday looking?
In the mean time I'll just keep stretching that DD pivot grab to the limit.
Oh and jesiahTEG - are DD pivot nairs worth practicing?
thanks

Top Bottom