• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Did I really just watch a 95 hit tron combo? I thought this was a fatty character.
Srsly though, **** sentinel I'mma bonne all day.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i mean, the games been out for like 2 weeks. its the samw way brawl was, people are going to be better than others relatively, but its going to take months or years before anybody is really top level with it.

Foy

Smash Champion
Did I really just watch a 95 hit tron combo? I thought this was a fatty character.
Srsly though, **** sentinel I'mma bonne all day.
Yeah flashy and long combos are fun to watch, but that doesn't mean she does a lot of damage with them. ~SnowMan

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
It's true. Her damage output is maybe average to slightly above, for a combo that's a lot of buttons involved. Still, very cool character, and high HP is also nice.

Slashy

Smash Lord
It's Marvel VS Capcom 3, it had a strong following before it was released, and will probably have a strong following afterwards. If Brawl can convince people to play it competitively, or hack it. MvC3 isn't going to have a problem getting a userbase.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
@ Goggles: Same place you bought that terrible game.

@ Slashy: It had a strong following before it was release, now half the people who bought it are questioning weather or not it's going to be worth playing in a month. lol.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Fighters all look the same to me. Would rather play a single player game I know is good.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nope. Most single player games I play on my DS or laptop. There are 5 or so Wii games I need to finish, though.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't know ****. He's just mad that he can't figure out how to beat kids who play with easy mode characters.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
if i can beat neil playing sent/phoenix/zero, playing viewtiful joe, the game cant be that bad.
Exactly, the game is way more balanced than you think. They put in easy characters, like Sentinel so that new players to this game could jump in, learn the basics fast, win sometimes, get confident, then play more. There are ways around everything, you just need to find them.

Best example of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjfeAWJB0C4&feature=feedu

annnnnd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqwA914AQvc&feature=feedu

Slashy

Smash Lord
@ Goggles: Same place you bought that terrible game.

@ Slashy: It had a strong following before it was release, now half the people who bought it are questioning weather or not it's going to be worth playing in a month. lol.
I guarantee you that there aren't going to be a MvC3 mods to fix the game or stupid rulesets to fix Sentinel.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I wasnt kidding, i still play galaga, a lot actually. I drop at least 2 quarters everytime I see a machine no matter where I am.

also, Ive played on galaga machines that had autofire. shiz was fkn stupid. I got real sad.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Oh it is, so free.

Remember the Cheesecake Classic? Remember when this game was fun?

I'm going to start running cheap tourneys with low entry fees so we can try to whip our region into shape. I want to do some variety things too.

I was thinking:

Double Elim. Tourney
Tenkaiichi
Crew Battles

Let me know what kind of tourneys you guys want to see.

If one of the Brawl kids wants to help and organize some things for brawlers (different kinds of tourneys this would be helpful.

Also if anyone is down I want to do a round robin tourney over break (Thursday, Friday or Saturday?) Let me know if anyone is interested. Kind of like a ranbats with no entry fee just a kinda play everyone thing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
mvc3 pls.

also, i pretty much already organise events for brawl players.

its called, 'oh sans in town? let me call jason neil, and nick and meet somewhere.' =l

Top Bottom