• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Haha Lucassss i miss you man...I'd love to team with you dude you know that (we ***** swift and mogwai back when I was a scruuuuub hahahahaha) I have to look into a few things first though. DEFINITELY come though dude, there will be soooo much hype for brawl and probably for Melee as well.

I've been watching your tourney results recently...Great job man keep it up. And as always, if you and anyone that comes with you needs housing consider it taken care of, @ my place. mi casa es su casa i think is how you say it haha...but yeah man who you planning on bringing with you?

Piedisliker- You're not a random at all, I know who you are and I think everyone in this region does.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Regardless if I'm known in this region I still consider myself a random since I'm unranked and have only gone to tournies in one part of the state and haven't placed higher than 7th.

AXS should be fun. If I don't make it... I still have other tournies to look forward to.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
lol i don't know if i'm going to team with you in melee. there's other things to consider, like a potential guest from CA coming up who I'd love to team with, but I also have an immense amount of regional pride as well, so don't count on teaming with me yet, but it's a possibility. i'll figure it out soon don't worry and i'll let you know

Inui

Banned via Warnings
We're both from Atlantic North. Let me know if it's possible, because teaming with you in Melee is a major deciding factor in whether I go or not. I'll probably be with Atomsk or Zucco for Brawl, pending I bring one or both of them.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I thought the first post should like a little something like this. Much more organized, easier to read, etc. Kyle, please take into consideration that I put a bit of time into this I'm not trying to call you out, I just think we should make a few changes. Whether you respect me or not, please at least take a good look.

For those of you that are looking for people to play with and tourneys to go to in New York City or Long Island, you have come to the wrong place. This is the thread for everything happening in the state OUTSIDE of NYC/LI. those of you looking for Smash in the city, you may start your search here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208594

Brawl Power Rankings.
Last updated 8/10/10

1) San Ike :ike:
2) Cura Ice Climbers :popo:
3) Snakeee Zero Samus/Marth :zerosuitsamus: :marth:
4) Pika Pika! Pika/Metaknight :pikachu2: :metaknight:
5) Dr. G. DK :dk2:
6) JamesG Lucario :lucario:
7) KID Goggles Sonic/Falco :sonic: :falco:
8) 1337-0 Ness :ness2:
9) Sharky Yoshi/R.O.B. :yoshi2: :rob:
10) MOSS Metaknight :metaknight:

Honorable Mention:

Eevee (Syracuse) By far the best female player in NYS, is getting slightly stagnent while other players continue to improve. Though has some of the most consistent attendance.

Shiv: (Binghamton) Skilled player with a good performance in his first tourney, and who is now inspired to improve. Is a strong contender for the PR, tho his tourney presence is almost non-existent.

BluePeachy100/Shun/Azeal (Buffalo) Biggest goofball in the region. Has trouble getting to tourneys. Was previously a joke of a player, but has since seriously stepped up his game and is a major threat to the lower ranked players on the PR

SHETH: (Rochester/Maryland) By far the loudest and hypest member of NYS smash. Very devoted to the community and improving despite being overshadowed by other players

Melee Power Rankings
Current as of 5/19/10

1) JesiahTEG Marth/Shiek

2) Vicious Fox

3) Pika Pika! Pika/Shiek

4) Minh Link

5) TheGeneral Peach

6) Spamus Samus

7) PinPoint Peach

8) BetaBeta Fox

9) Foy He has a new main every week.

10) Cura IceClimbers

Honorable Mention:

Burak (Fox/Falcon)
Pyro (Roy/Marth)
SnowMan (Falco/Jiggs)

Tournaments that are used for this PR:
Rise From the Ashes
Pt.1
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273686
Pt.2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274321

Syracuse Weekly Smashfest tourneys
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257972

MLG Columbus
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276868

Syracuse Smash 3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282041

Apex 2010
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283374

Hall of Fame.
Kanto: (Syracuse) Our Syracuse TO, a very important member of NYS smash.
He has recently died in a tragic swimming accident and the community has been dealt a huge blow by his loss. NYS smash will always remember him.

Goodies: (Rochester) Our Grand Master of Smash. Anybody that played smash between 2003 and 2008, was probably mentored and trained by this man. He owned the venue that WNY used for tournaments until 2009, and thus was our only TO for more than half a decade. He is currently in the Navy and we all await his return.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
It's still sloppy, I want to make it as compressed as possible and I got rid of the map but want to bring it back.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Goodies: (Rochester) Our Grand Master of Smash. Anybody that played smash between 2003 and 2008, was probably mentored and trained by this man. He owned the venue that WNY used for tournaments until 2009, and thus was our only TO for more than half a century. He is currently in the Navy and we all await his return.
and thus was our only TO for more than half a century
half a century

I think I pointed this out a few months ago too, but a decade is NOT the same thing as a century.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ewww. 2nd best in Melee here uses Fox. Then I probably won't win singles if I have to play him. Sheik gets *****, and I get ***** harder.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm sure jesse wouldn't be reluctant to go fox on you either lol

edit: then there's the canadians if they come...

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
If AXS gets big enough i can make it a semesterly thing. Make it even bigger and I can get it going twice a semester. Or three times a semester, if I garner enough interest. :] We'll see how this roles.

My school's pretty hyped for it, considering it's the biggest (if not first) gaming tournament to be ever held on campus.

PS - I f*ckin love you upstate :]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
AXS?

Sanford and Son, making money in doubles.

And Snowman, The only thing I ask, if youre going to take over control of the thread is that you keep the pictures, and at the very least have SOMETHING resembling even a passing knowledge of brawl so that you dont believe stupid people like cura saying dumb stuff like he plays bowser.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
AXS?

Sanford and Son, making money in doubles.

And Snowman, The only thing I ask, if youre going to take over control of the thread is that you keep the pictures, and at the very least have SOMETHING resembling even a passing knowledge of brawl so that you dont believe stupid people like cura saying dumb stuff like he plays bowser.
The pictures were actually my biggest problem. No one knew who's mains were who and the Brawl one was almost impossible to read, the font was gross, and it had hideous colors, it makes us look unprofessional as a region.

I will redo them if you want. I need info for making a map as well.

Also, I was thinking we could get a wall shot of all of us together posing for the top of the post.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Group pictures are nearly impossible for the reason that not all of us come together at once. And our community its constantly expanding and shrinking at the same time. And also, Me and sanford are teaming for axs

Edit: Im also not a picture person.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Maybe if we had a certain crew we could take a picture of that. Apartment crew could take a picture.

hubble

Smash Ace
Appt crew picture would be cute <3

btw snowman, me and jesse were checking the "max users ever online" today and we saw the newest registered member was "snowman" and i go "DUDE that guys trying to steal our snowmans tag!" and we were gonna **** him up :D

<3

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Appt crew picture would be cute <3

btw snowman, me and jesse were checking the "max users ever online" today and we saw the newest registered member was "snowman" and i go "DUDE that guys trying to steal our snowmans tag!" and we were gonna **** him up :D

<3

Who? Me? :laugh:

How does a crew battle of us apartment kids vs. Smash Club kids sound?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I think this was mentioned sixty pages ago and the general consensus is that the apartment plays err day and is awesome, and smash club meets like 2x a week, and is dedicated, sure, but not unfathomably amazing.

Though there's enough #s on melee to support that kind of endeavor much easier this year.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lol inui is coming? i had a mm with this guy that he backed out of. its still on the table $50

oh and inui team with me if you're good in doubles. seriously. lol

dudutsai

Smash Lord
oh, i thought the first post should like a little something like this. Much more organized, easier to read, etc. Kyle, please take into consideration that i put a bit of time into this i'm not trying to call you out, i just think we should make a few changes. Whether you respect me or not, please at least take a good look.

for those of you that are looking for people to play with and tourneys to go to in new york city or long island, you have come to the wrong place. This is the thread for everything happening in the state outside of nyc/li. Those of you looking for smash in the city, you may start your search here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208594

brawl power rankings.
last updated 8/10/10

1) san ike :ike:
2) cura ice climbers :popo:
3) snakeee zero samus/marth :zerosuitsamus: :marth:
4) pika pika! pika/metaknight :pikachu2: :metaknight:
5) dr. G. dk :dk2:
6) jamesg lucario :lucario:
7) kid goggles sonic/falco :sonic: :falco:
8) 1337-0 ness :ness2:
9) sharky yoshi/r.o.b. :yoshi2: :rob:
10) moss metaknight :metaknight:

honorable mention:

Eevee (syracuse) by far the best female player in nys, is getting slightly stagnent while other players continue to improve. Though has some of the most consistent attendance.

Shiv: (binghamton) skilled player with a good performance in his first tourney, and who is now inspired to improve. Is a strong contender for the pr, tho his tourney presence is almost non-existent.

Bluepeachy100/shun/azeal (buffalo) biggest goofball in the region. Has trouble getting to tourneys. Was previously a joke of a player, but has since seriously stepped up his game and is a major threat to the lower ranked players on the pr

sheth: (rochester/maryland) by far the loudest and hypest member of nys smash. Very devoted to the community and improving despite being overshadowed by other players

melee power rankings
current as of 5/19/10

1) jesiahteg marth/shiek

2) vicious fox

3) pika pika! pika/shiek

4) minh link

5) thegeneral peach

6) spamus samus

7) pinpoint peach

8) betabeta fox

9) foy he has a new main every week.

10) cura iceclimbers

honorable mention:

Burak (fox/falcon)
pyro (roy/marth)
snowman (falco/jiggs)

tournaments that are used for this pr:
Rise from the ashes
pt.1
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273686
pt.2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274321

syracuse weekly smashfest tourneys
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257972

mlg columbus
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276868

syracuse smash 3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282041

apex 2010
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283374

hall of fame.
kanto: (syracuse) our syracuse to, a very important member of nys smash.
He has recently died in a tragic swimming accident and the community has been dealt a huge blow by his loss. Nys smash will always remember him.

Goodies: (rochester) our grand master of smash. Anybody that played smash between 2003 and 2008, was probably mentored and trained by this man. He owned the venue that wny used for tournaments until 2009, and thus was our only to for more than half a decade. He is currently in the navy and we all await his return.
honorable mention:

Burak (fox/falcon)
pyro (roy/marth)
snowman (falco/jiggs)
honorable mention:

Burak (fox/falcon)
pyro (roy/marth)
snowman (falco/jiggs)
lo l

Top Bottom