• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[UPDATED] Peach Match-Up Chart

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Nice appearance for the list, I've noticed it starts from the top tier and desends down the list.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Looks nice, easy to understand, it's great! Great job on the chart, it looks excellent. I'm sure this'll help out Peach players and other players who want to see how their character fares against Peach. Sticky, much?

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
First the Yoshis, and now the Peaches?

God, if I was better at this type of stuff, I'd make a Lucas one.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I like the design, it's simple and effective.
Although I somehow think this was inspired from my chart

Although I think the 5 Grade Concept is alittle spaced too much together. I think it would be more efficient if you spaced it out like how the General Matchup Board has it, or add in 2 more grades to make it a 7 Grade Chart.

Ie.
Big Advantage - 100-70
Advantage - 65-60
Slight Advantage - 55
Neutral - 50
Slight Disadvantage - 45
Disadvantage - 40-35
Big Disadvantage - 30-0

God, if I was better at this type of stuff, I'd make a Lucas one.
If you want, I can make you a Chart for you guys. I got nothing but spare time on my hands

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I seriously think that G&W is wrong :/ A good G&W is tougher for Peach than a good MK.
*points at Edrees losing to G&W at HOBO11, rather than MK's*

EDIT: Falco too. No way Falco's an easier matchup than Wolf. But you ARE just going by the matchup thread I guess. We'll have to revisit these later.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I like the design, it's simple and effective.
Although I somehow think this was inspired from my chart

Although I think the 5 Grade Concept is alittle spaced too much together. I think it would be more efficient if you spaced it out like how the General Matchup Board has it, or add in 2 more grades to make it a 7 Grade Chart.

Ie.
Big Advantage - 100-70
Advantage - 65-60
Slight Advantage - 55
Neutral - 50
Slight Disadvantage - 45
Disadvantage - 40-35
Big Disadvantage - 30-0

If you want, I can make you a Chart for you guys. I got nothing but spare time on my hands
This wasn't inspired from yours :p I actually was going to do it like the generic charts (see Lucario's or PT's), but I thought it was boring.

I agree on the color stuff, it's really vague, so I'm sure I'm gonna change it using what you said as a reference. Can I get a link to your chart? I can't seem to find it.

Praxis: I know what you mean.:ohwell: It's really hard because some say X is easy for them, while X is really hard and viceversa. So I kinda based this right off of the matchup numbers. I don't know if I make myself clear... >_>

Just remember this is the first version. I'm glad you liked it.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Usually, 55:45/45:55 match-ups are considered neutral by most people. Not PROPERLY neutral, but the advantage is so slightly in someone's favour that it's considered neutral. Advantage is 60:40/65:35, and big advantage is 70:30 plus.

Pretty chart, though :)

Mmac

Smash Lord
This wasn't inspired from yours :p I actually was going to do it like the generic charts (see Lucario's or PT's), but I thought it was boring.

I agree on the color stuff, it's really vague, so I'm sure I'm gonna change it using what you said as a reference. Can I get a link to your chart? I can't seem to find it.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8971/yoshimatchuv12gw9.png

That's my chart. I just thought that way because I made mine about 3 Days ago, and you posted your on the same day as I posted this one in the General Matchup Thread....

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Usually, 55:45/45:55 match-ups are considered neutral by most people. Not PROPERLY neutral, but the advantage is so slightly in someone's favour that it's considered neutral. Advantage is 60:40/65:35, and big advantage is 70:30 plus.

Pretty chart, though :)
Yeah, that's the first thing I'm correcting.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8971/yoshimatchuv12gw9.png

That's my chart. I just thought that way because I made mine about 3 Days ago, and you posted your on the same day as I posted this one in the General Matchup Thread....
Oh, that one. I think I saw it and was "inspired" to make a chart for Peach. You know what would be cool? If you used their original costumes and put their names below them just like the char selection screen with the same font and everything. :)

Also, I think I'm gonna replace PT with Zelda/Sheik. What do you say? I meant to put the Trainer so that you can see the overall matchup result, but I think it's clear just by looking at the 3 pokemons. Zelda/Sheik is more important.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Nah, I hate default costumes. They're just so.... generic. Although Kirby/G&W didn't look natural so I left them classic.

Frankly, I don't find Zelda/Sheik important, All it does is adds a slightly higher advantage, or rounds it out.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
First update, I added 2 more grades to make it more accurate. Also I'm actually thinking of getting rid of the match-up numbers and make a 1 to 7 grade kind of thing.

Do you guys want to complete the chart using this thread or should I keep on updating it every time the match-up thread is updated? As you wish.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Some Error's I see. Game & Watch should be Purple, Falco should be Yellow, and Wario should be Pink.

The numbers are fine I believe, and I should really have a comment if you should update it with the Discussion, or continue without it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I know that the numbers don't match, that's why I said that the colors do not necessarily represent the numbers (that's the reason I asked if this thread should stick to the match-up discussion or not and if I should remove the numbers). Like Praxis said, some of the match-up numbers in that thread aren't 100% accurate (esp. the top tiers) and should be revised once all the characters are discussed.

What do you mean "you should really have a comment..."?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm really amazed at some of the numbers here though. I know Dekuu didn't come up with them and we did on the general discussion, but wow.

ROB 50:50 is just wrong. The ROB's have us down as 60:40 Peach's favor. And Falco is worst than Wolf- 50:50 is a joke. G&W is way worse than 55:45 his favor as well.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
With only one match-up thread the process of discussing (AND revising them afterwords) them is really slow. The thread is excellent, it just goes slowly, and no one ever says something about a past-discussed character once we move on.

Maybe you should talk to your friend Edrees about it:nerd:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I always liked the idea of an official thread for each matchup, with a "master thread" as the nucleus between them all.

That way discussion stays fresh, posting isn't as off-topic as in the weekly thread, and it'll be discussed only when necessary.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I seriously think that G&W is wrong :/ A good G&W is tougher for Peach than a good MK.
*points at Edrees losing to G&W at HOBO11, rather than MK's*

EDIT: Falco too. No way Falco's an easier matchup than Wolf. But you ARE just going by the matchup thread I guess. We'll have to revisit these later.
I also lost to Lucario, so does Lucario have a big advantage on Peach too? xD I agree that G+W has more of an advantage than 55-45 though but everyone was going against it. Those numbers were arrived at in the thread, raise the issues in the thread they are open to change!

Dekuu brings up some good points. But It'll be weird opening the match-up threads now. Hmm gotta figure it out.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I also lost to Lucario, so does Lucario have a big advantage on Peach too? xD I agree that G+W has more of an advantage than 55-45 though but everyone was going against it. Those numbers were arrived at in the thread, raise the issues in the thread they are open to change!

Dekuu brings up some good points. But It'll be weird opening the match-up threads now. Hmm gotta figure it out.
It was Azen. He is his own tier.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's hard to make changes now that the discussion is in progress. IMO Stopping after Pit to re-discuss the older match-ups would be too much of a hassle (or people would just repeat what they said before). Probably we could use this thread to discuss certain changes in matchup numbers? (from Top to Low, or for the characters that are available).

Maybe asking for input to said character mainers would help us revisit the numbers. I actually don't think that a whole NEW discussion for previous discussed characters is necessary, probably by just changing the match-up numbers is done. I don't know... It's not like a new AT or anything was discovered that makes us see the match-up from a whole new different perspective. It's the same thing...

We gotta be as objective as possible, one of the main errors character boards have is thinking way too high about their character.

Valdens

Smash Ace
LOL

Peach has nothing for beating bair other than getting lucky enough to space her fair reeeeally well, she can't KO him super early like a ton of other people can, all his attacks eat through turnips, his disjointed hisboxes nearly always win him priority wars, he has 3 different moves he can KO Peach with at 75, his dtilt ***** low floats, and you can shield Peach's dair and punish with nair.

The matchup is 65:35 in my opinion, and I'd really like for someone to prove to me otherwise.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
LOL

Peach has nothing for beating bair other than getting lucky enough to space her fair reeeeally well, she can't KO him super early like a ton of other people can, all his attacks eat through turnips, his disjointed hisboxes nearly always win him priority wars, he has 3 different moves he can KO Peach with at 75, his dtilt ***** low floats, and you can shield Peach's dair and punish with nair.

The matchup is 65:35 in my opinion, and I'd really like for someone to prove to me otherwise.
Silence has just proven your theories :p

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Falco is purple? *stares at the numbers and is perplexed*

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You said that because he's supposed to be yellow? I know, he's one of those match-ups that we got "wrong". Until we revise the numbers it's staying like that (or maybe I'll just remove them 'til we get the right numbers) but I think everyone agrees that Peach is at a slight disadvantage against the top tier.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I think Edreeses already proved Peach to be underrated. In other words, her match-ups aren't as bad for her as most think. Plus, she's so much fun to use. She's my strongest secondary for sure. ;)

Top Bottom