• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[UPDATED] Peach Match-Up Chart

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I love using Peach. At my SixFlags, there is a "Wii Experience" place. Basically there are a bunch of Wiis that you can just fool around with, and Brawl happens to be there. I love people that go "WTH you t3h us35 p334ch 1 rz PWN you lik a nubzz".

They get rear ended.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I updated again. I'm removing the numbers for now, 'til hey're re-discussed in the match-up thread.
I also fixed/changed some of the match-ups.

Praxis you there?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I updated again. I'm removing the numbers for now, 'til hey're re-discussed in the match-up thread.
I also fixed/changed some of the match-ups.

Praxis you there?
Yesh? :)

I love using Peach. At my SixFlags, there is a "Wii Experience" place. Basically there are a bunch of Wiis that you can just fool around with, and Brawl happens to be there. I love people that go "WTH you t3h us35 p334ch 1 rz PWN you lik a nubzz".

They get rear ended.
Wow, that sounds fun. There's no place I can go to pwn nubs xD

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I just wanted opinions since you are like, the only person active in this thread :p
I don't know if I should wait for Edrees to update his thread everytime once a week with a different char or start discussing the matchups here just to get a slightly accurate completed version and THEN refine it using the matchup thread every time it's updated. :dizzy:

JuniorMints

Smash Cadet
that Lucario matchup seems to be more in lucarios favor, maybe thats just me. but understandable for it to be dead even

same with Jiggz he air game in terms of geting peach off stage for a horizontal KO is great, but since Jiggz is so light a quick forward smash or DAC upsmash would send her flying. tough calls.

but i like the chart! its awesome.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Nope, it just goes slowly because the MatchUp thread is like that :p
I asked if people wanted the chart completed (discussing some matchups here) and then "correct" it after a character finishes being discussed but I got no answer, so I'll update it every match-up or two is covered.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Next update will include Toon Link, Donkey Kong and probably a re-design (or just a mock-up of the next one). I can't do **** right now because I'm at work.

I might also change Diddy and Kirby to even because of what I've been reading lately from both parties, what do you think?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Updated TL, DK and Kirby from Slight advantage to Even, I also changed the size of the chart because it was too big.

If only more people participated in this thread -_-

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
that Lucario matchup seems to be more in lucarios favor, maybe thats just me. but understandable for it to be dead even
I've always considered it 55:45. Peach can shut down a number of things he can do, but he's really hard to land consecutive hits on and can shut down a lot of Peach's habits too. Plus, he gets strong since Peach can't kill him.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The advantage/disadvantage in 55:45 to 45:55 matchups is so little it's considered Even, not dead even, but mostly even.

Actually, that's something I need to work on, 'cause I have my doubts...

70:30 big advantage
65:35 advantage
60:40 slight advantage
55:45 even
50:50 even
45:55 even
40:60 slight disadvantage
35:65 disadvantage
30:70 big disadvantage

Are these values OK? The character boards have different number systems so I really don't know what to do. Some boards consider 60:40 a slight disadvantage while others (Peach's, for example) consider it a disadvantage (MK is 40:60 in the matchup thread) :dizzy:

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
70:30 big/huge advantage
65:35 big advantage
60:40 advantage
55:45 slight advantage
50:50 even
45:55 slight disadvantage
40:60 disadvantage
35:65 bid disadvantage
30:70 big/huge disadvantage
This sounds fair for me.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That's what I was based on to choose the colors for the chart, but if you think about it, the (dis)advantage in 55:45 is minimum. Maybe I should change "slight" to "little" and that's it.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
to me, 55:45 is a slight advantage, 60:40 is advantage (soft counter), 65:35 is large advantage (counter), and 70:30 is huge advantage (horrible horrible matchup for your opponent).

75:25 or higher is a joke matchup where your opponent has no chance.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Updated:

Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Sheik

Added color effects
Changed Peach's square effect
Moved last version to Old 4

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Dekuu... You might want to change some of the colors around a bit, or make them easier to tell. Slight advantage and slight disadvantage are pretty close to one another. ^_^;

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Marth really isn't that bad and even though GW is evil as **** but he can get pretty predictable sometimes. depends on the opponent.

BentoBox

Smash Master
That thread indicates that Peach goes 40:60 against both, which is considered a slight disadvantage (orange)... and yet, you listed them has having a big advantage on the chart (red).

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The Game and Watch numbers are REALLY OFF. It's one of the matchups I had to change for the chart because he is not 45:55 vs. Peach, even Edrees agreed he'd have to revise some of the numbers.

I was pointing out to Praxis that Marth is worse than G&W according to the thread.
If you ask me, I'd put those two in red, especially Marth since he can gimp/kill/whatever Peach really early because of the stupid easy-to-land tippers. I don't know...

The thing is...G&W is absolutely not 45:55 >_>

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Update. If something's off tell me.

I know the chart follows the first tier list order, but there are just a few chars left. Once they're all covered and revised I'm gonna order them by difficulty level.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Because a ditto comes down to player's skill vs. player's skill. The Peach box has all the colors. I dunno, I find it kewl.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Is Marth really as hard as Meta Knight? o.o

Oh and btw, Pokemon Trainer, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucas, Ness and Jiggz have been covered already x'd.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Jigglypuff is currently being covered and final numbers haven't been reached yet

PT, Squirtle, Ivysaur Charizard, Ness and Lucas have been covered but no final conclusion on match up numbers was reached. Ness and Lucas were both very iffy indeed. I'm still looking for the final agreed PT/Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard numbers though!

The chart looks great Dekuu :) Do you mind if I put this in the OP of the match up chart with credit of course?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
@ Ness and Lucas; I think the numbers are correct ( 50-50 and 60-40 respectively). But I think the Match-Up mentality and 'watch-out-for-this-stuff' are indeed very iffy. But the ratio should be right.

Wasn't Pokemon Trainer like 55-45? Or 60-40 or something like that xd.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I honestly think the G&W matchup is just as hard, if not harder, than Metaknight.
I consider him to be easier than Metaknight, but in the same class as Marth. He's easier for me personally than Marth- actually, I'd even go so far as to say I PREFER fighting Game & Watch to all other matchups because I know how to exploit virtually every weakness the character has, better than I know the Marth matchup and even Peach's neutrals- but in my mind they're the same class of bad matchup and I just don't know Marth as well.

An aggressive Metaknight is easier than a Game & Watch, but a defensive Metaknight that doesn't approach...I'll probably start counterpicking, honestly :/

Also...
Peach >>>> ROB. Sky knows. xD

Top Bottom