• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

Mad J

Smash Cadet
Hey so, when i run dolphin and then melee i dont have anything unlocked. I tried going to the AR in dolphin and check off "all stages & characters", no luck. Also i tried right clicking on the iso in dolphin going to properties and did the same thing. Anyone know how i can get everything unlocked?

phish-it

Smash Champion
This doesn't exactly unlock anything but the debug mode gives you access to whatever you should need.

Replace the offsets in the DOL file depending on which version you are using.

Modifications

Debug Menu replaces Tournament Mode
-Selecting Tournament Melee in the main menu takes you to the Debug Menu instead
[Magus, donny2112]

Code:
[B][U]Version  DOL Offset     Hex to Replace          ASM Code        [/U][/B]
1.00     0x228F20   3800001B -> 38000006  (li r0,27 -> li r0,6)
1.01     0x229A90   3800001B -> 38000006  (li r0,27 -> li r0,6)
1.02     0x22A218   3800001B -> 38000006  (li r0,27 -> li r0,6)
PAL      0x22C084   3800001E -> 38000006  (li r0,30 -> li r0,6)
[/collapse]

darkatma

Smash Hero
The new manliest of men.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cfezebnwy165r3d

Edit: Oh and

http://www.mediafire.com/?urm6s6ok4xtfmpf

I have some more textures that I made but they're not that great.
I'm a huge fan of simple textures. I really like what you did with Jigglypuff's eyes. Could you do the same to each of the Jigglypuffs? Like for green jiggs, give her green eyes, blue jiggs has blue eyes, crown jiggs with... dunno.. amber eyes? and naked jiggs with gray/black eyes :D

Also, I have a huge favor to ask of anyone who can do it. I really like the Rosalina costume, except I HATE the eyes that were put on her. Is it possible to change the texture of her eyes back to normal, but keep the dress?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My MediaFire account has been suspended, due to numerous copyright violation notes. Because of this, my Melee hacks can't be downloaded now.

I'm currently trying to find a way around this matter, so until then, you're out of luck.

Edit: New download links have been made. You can now get my Melee textures through my textures thread at the Kitty Corp. forums...

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=3302.msg31487#msg31487

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
Is there a texture viewer of some sort? im so tired of adding new textures with CGTools and then opening them on dolphin just to compare them.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
^^This. Especially because I don't have any stages or characters unlocked in dolphin and I don't think that there's a dol mod yet for unlocking them.

AGLET

Smash Cadet
does anyone have blue or rainbow FD? the links were shut down with megaupload

Kadano

Magical Express
Is there a texture viewer of some sort? im so tired of adding new textures with CGTools and then opening them on dolphin just to compare them.
Yes, there's great need for that. I think the best solution is that people make screenshots and share them, especially by including them in texture packs.
The problem is, the smashboards forum layout doesn't suit our intent all too well; picture collection posts easily get lost within 50 pages. I posted a screenshot collection of all CF skins on page 43, btw. Wiki style would be better imho. Or a mediafire folder everyone can send files to, but not delete.
does anyone have blue or rainbow FD? the links were shut down with megaupload
Blue FD, Rainbow FD, Rainbow FD Redux.7z

Edit: Here's an update to the texture collection. Removed some dupes and added some textures and screenshots.
Textures.7z

AGLET

Smash Cadet
Thanks a bunch Kadano =) that is exactly what I was looking for!

Turnerfield77

Smash Cadet
so i have a hacked version that a friend gave to me; however, when i put the dvd disc into my computer, its says the disc is empty, why?

AGLET

Smash Cadet
if the iso was burned onto the disc properly, it wont appear to bave any files on it. have you tried using it on your wii?

:phone:

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Anyone mind uploading the original, unaltered Termina Great Bay file? I replaced mine with a texture hack I don't like and forgot to extract the original...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how easy is it to replace the images of the characters on the CSS?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
oh, I'm sorry. I meant their selectable icon. not what appears when you selected them.

but I'm guessing its nearly the same

MVP

Smash Ace
when using the gc tool to replace files, is there a way to replace all the files at once? cause it takes forever to replace them one by one. Or just all the skins then all the music or something? Help plz

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Well there is an alternative that is much quicker, but there is no replace all files option, but this is the next best alternative.

So the first thing we need is our tools for Making a Hacked Melee iso, so download this tool pack here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pql974cqcxhecsf/Tools.zip After you have downloaded those, open the Tools zip and extract it somewhere that is easily accessible, because you will be using it later.

in the tools folder, start up Gc-tool.exe go to File, and select: Open GC-iso. locate your iso and click ok.

Note: If you can't find your iso, try selecting all files where it says File types.

If you want to use a hacked dol, do it now. Go to tools on Gc-tool and select: Replace dol

Go to ISO in gc-tool and select: Extract whole ISO. Choose your directory and check the box that says: Also Extract Header, Apploader, DOL, and TOC then click: Extarct.

After its done you should have a folder called: Root, this has every file in the Melee iso, now close Gc-tool. Now find where you put your hacked Melee files, and put all of the files (except for main.dol, Game.toc, Start.dol, AppLoader.ldr, ISO.hdr, and any .hps or .ssm files) in the root of the root folder. Add hacked audio files in the Audio folder and same applies here.

It's time to rebuild the ISO!

Start up Gcr.exe Go to root on GCr and select: Open, go and locate the root folder, click on it and press ok.

Go to root again and select: save, and choose your directory and name your iso, then click ok, then go to root AGAIN and select rebuild, it well now start rebuilding the iso, after its done rebuilding, you should have an iso where ever you put it. And now your done!

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
My computer won't let my open gcr_v1.0 :(
Try, assuming you're using windows, right clicking GCR, select properties, then compatibility and check run this program for or something like that and make sure the compatibility mode is Windows xp spv3. If that doesn't fix it then let me know because I can't think of anything right now.

Top Bottom