• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

PatShoter

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1301-3604
THANKS! A LOT BUDDY!
Well, I asked this here because nobody in the 'Audio SSBM Hack Thread' responded.

TheSqueakyMonkey

Smash Rookie
Anyone knows where to get the .dat file to that Final Destination that keeps changing colors? It's impossible to find. Would be cool if someone could orient me to a download link/forum thread.

C-stick Gaming

Smash Rookie
I am new to melee hacking and I was wondering if you could change the costume slot it goes over just by changeing the name of the file or do you have to do more

C-stick Gaming

Smash Rookie
Silent wolf's link doesn't work but is there any way it can still get his black and white fox and falco?

mnp

Smash Rookie
Although I would like to change the texture of a face by Texture Hack.
However, Milun's TCS Creator is not found.:sick:
Would you upload someone?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Although I would like to change the texture of a face by Texture Hack.
However, Milun's TCS Creator is not found.:sick:
Would you upload someone?
That program is now obselete. Try the Melee Toolkit for a small change like that. Then look at DRGN's new texture hacking tools which can do some other powerful stuff.

FYI, I also changed this thread title to the "Old" Texture Hack Thread to more accurately represent it.

Last edited:

mnp

Smash Rookie
>>achilles1515

Thank you very much for your early comment!
I was in trouble about only a Melee Toolkit because I couldn't convert the file from which I hid.
It'll be tried while seeing explanation.
:cool:

Obli

Smash Rookie
There's some laser and illusion colors in there if you're interested.

Also a lot of textures lol.

I wanted people to download this, add their own stuff, and then reupload it lol, but well...
Does anyone still have this? Megaupload is RIP....

Obli

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the lasers. Sorry, I'm just incredibly lazy and didn't want to deal with all that ;_;

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Trying to make a Espada Nel themed Sheik. I'm trying to put a "3" on the back, but I'm having trouble because there's only one file for half of the back and it's just mirrored to the other side. So if I put a 3, I'll end up with 2. For a similar reason, I can't put a skull mask on her head. Are there any known workarounds for this?

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Hey @ Lanceinthepants Lanceinthepants , i noticed the link for this is broken ;( .... could you be a peach and fix this pretty please??? Its one of my favorite textures!!! XD
......so is @ Lanceinthepants Lanceinthepants the only one with the ability to fix this link? because he's either hasn't seen that it is broken or he doesn't want to fix it. So if anyone else has the ability to do that and is willing that would be awesome!!

Kyball

Smash Rookie
Purple (Dark) Firefox for Fox and Falco

Summary of Changes
Note: This will change both Fox's and Falco's Firefox!

1. Changed original Up B texture
2. Full color effect changes to fit Purple (Dark) style
3. Aura during Up B changed to Darkness (instead of Flashing Yellow)
4. Firefox hitboxes now have the Darkness element (instead of Fire)
5. Fox no longer has aura when charging Up B, but hitboxes remain intact.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?svapzmoswt13xpx
Replaces files EfFxData.dat , PlFx.dat , PlFc.dat

For more information check out my thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13636075#post13636075

Is there any information regarding the offsets for the firefox other than the tip?
Edit: I'm dumb I think I found it hahah

Last edited:
Top Bottom