• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
For those that got the compilation folder, I unintentionally stumbled upon a working rainbow shine link in the Resources thread.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0an00rtohn2cfz

Just a thought if others hadn't caught it.
That's awesome, I'm gonna check it out when I get home. Are there any mods that would like to restructure this thread so there is updated links instead of the broken ones on page one?

Or maybe we could get a new thread stickied with that compilation that shake posted with some pics so people will know what certain things look like

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
If its not team friendly, the last comment holds no weight.:smirk:
except for blue akatsuki dr. mario and some yoshis since i dont care for the character much, teams friendly IS the reason i call my iso perfect. haha. well it's getting there. working out the bugs with other effects/audio stuff too haha.

Edit: Dam after rechecking, i dont have a green texture samus that's green >.< or any donkey textures.... far from perfect.

Morsel

Smash Rookie
Screenshots

Hey fellas, after jumping into hacking melee a few days ago I downloaded mastershake's collection and tried to find previews for all of them. Some previews were on the front page, and others were at http://illusorylabyrinth.wordpress.com/choose-your-character/

But there were a bunch of textures that I couldn't find previews for, so I threw them in to see what they looked like cause I'm far too lazy to search this thread for more previews. Here are some screenshots if anybody wanted to know without using dolphin

Lime Green Falco

Purple Falco

Black and Gold Roy

Devil May Cry Sheik

Impa Sheik

Light Blue Zelda

Mystery Zelda

Outlaw Pikachu

Shiny Pikachu

Sothe Sheik

King Kong

Note that I am going by the names of the folders given in mastershake's collection

Also, I tried using the Aqua Fox but it froze dolphin no matter what the situation, does anybody have a working version of it?

Steelia

Smash Champion

Huh.

I'll release if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the guide Milun. (=

waddaboutaflamethrower

Smash Rookie
Can someone help me with this? Ignore everything before "EDIT:"

I need a NTSC V1.1 if someone can pm me a link that would be nice.

EDIT: i found an NTSC iso, and I have WinRAR, (The files are saved in .rar) and i heard thre was a converter (i.e i could make an V1.0 or V1.2 an V1.1, but I lost it. so basiclly, do I export it as an .iso, convert it, and re-open it to get my texture hacking started? If that's true, then all I need is the converter now.
Then before I save, I backup the files, and overwrite the non-backups, then burn them and boot up melee with the tools from the wii burning tutorials from MuraRegan?
UPDATE: I got the .ISO, but where do i go from this?

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
If you have textures they should be named the same as the .dat files, you should just be able to find the right one, right click and click import and the skin should work. I'm no sure if that is what you're asking but if so I hope that helped

:phone:

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
i'm not sure you have the same version as mine though, i copied mine with my wii from my melee disc to an sd card. also, make sure you test it in the dolphin emulator if you're burning a copy so you don't waste any dvds

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is there anyone who can port textures to other costumes? I want to get this one on the brown Mario.

Or if anyone could point me to a tutorial on how to do it myself, that would be good too.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Is there anyone who can port textures to other costumes? I want to get this one on the brown Mario.

Or if anyone could point me to a tutorial on how to do it myself, that would be good too.

There are several ways, but none of them are too easy...

1) Contacting the original maker of the texture and requesting them to port it over.

2) Contacting original maker for textures so you can put the texture files in yourself in another .DAT file.

3) Ripping the textures from the .DAT file using Dolphin, and putting them in your preferred .DAT file.

4) If you're very lucky, some .DAT files share the same exact offsets and file sizes as each other (Ganondorf, I think all of Mario's, and some others). So all you do is copy the texture hex from one Mario to the other. Careful not to copy anything else in-between, like model stuff.

Since that's my Mario texture, I updated the link you posted... here. Hopefully the transfer was successful. :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is ripping the textures from Dolphin the only way of getting them out of a .dat file? =( That's out of the question for me, unless there's another way. And I don't know how to put them together either even if I did have the textures.

At least you're active though, so thanks for doing that for me. By the way, did you ever post a link for your Black City Fourside? I never saw any downloads anywhere.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It's definitely way easier. With brawl box you get the images for each texture and can just replac them and save. There's nothing too hard about it other than actually editing the texture to your delight. :p

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Are brawl textures just easier to make?

Why are all the brawl stage textures so professional looking and 99% of the melee ones ugly/gaudy/oversaturated with color?
There is what standardtoaster said about easier previews, but part of it is that Melee hacking is still relatively new. There aren't many people doing it, and they may not be the best artists yet. It's really showing on the character textures too. Brawl was the same way. After a while, not only did more people start doing it, but people simply got better at creating nice looking textures.

The main problem here is that Melee hacking is progressing so slowly due to the difficulty of creating hacks, and using them too. It's been what, like 2 or 3 years since this started already? Brawl was already growing out of its "beginning" phase at that point, especially in terms of stage hacking.

Akorax

Smash Rookie

Hi everyone. Still learning about all this maylay hax but I've ripped and ported the blue akatsuki skin to the black texture. Credits to Qual for creating the original one.
DL:Akatsuki Doc Black

Edit: I don't know if somone here can upload to stacksmash or a good mediafire folder but feel free to do so as this link might not be available in the future. Also thanks to the various tutorials around the community that made this possible for me. I still can't get palettes working but as long as its about porting, the hex can take care of those.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me.
Please tell me how to change FD's colors.

http://s1.gazo.cc/up/s1_31222.png

I read a document("placement.txt") and use hex editor, then I try changing FD's colors.
This document tell me how to change colors of FD's many parts.

I want to change the color in this image's red circle but this isn't written about here.
Would you tell me how to change here?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

not gOsu

Smash Rookie
not sure if this is the right thread;
I haven't posted on smashboards in so long(been years since my last post), I finally loaded homebrew on my wii and successfully set up melee

problem is, i dont have a memory card atm, so when smash loads none of the characters/stages are unlocked

does anyone have an iso with everything unlocked already (is this even possible?)
if so, please message or link me. It would be MUCH appreciated. Huge respect for everyone who has worked hard to hack melee. You guys are too smart for me.

Top Bottom