• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
how do you get these onto the Game and use them?
You first need to download a Melee ISO; Google for a torrent. You must also get hold of GC-Tool to replace ISO files.

Be advised, however, that unlike in Brawl, textures in this game are restricted to certain texture slots.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Quick question...
Im trying to replace textures and it says

"Do you also want to change the old filesize to the new one in TOC???"

yes or no???

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
no offense, but ill wait til someone who's been a member for over a month to answer the question...
dont want to be lied to :o

fOof

Smash Rookie
GUIDE ON HOW TO BURN A TEXTURE HACKED COPY OF MELEE

10.) After clicking “Replace File…”, seek the .DAT file you downloaded from here. Once you’ve found it, double-click on it.
11.) A message box should pop up, saying “Do you also want to change the old filesize to the new one in TOC? (You know hat you are doing, don’t you?)”. Click “NO”.
Sorry, but join date has no correlation with the ability to read stickies.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
warrior knight i hope you read this

I hope you find the actual golden brawl fox link cuz its the last texture i want before i burn the iso onto a disk :( :( :(

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
warrior knight i hope you read this

I hope you find the actual golden brawl fox link cuz its the last texture i want before i burn the iso onto a disk :( :( :(
Dang I hate when megaupload does that mixing links crap, I don't understand why it always does it.
Heres a fresh new link for the Golden style fox. (I gave up on megaupload for this one b/c it kept uploading the same dumb link above. Megaupload better fix that problem).
http://www.2shared.com/file/hlVJuO3e/PlFxNr_yellowbrawlWK.html

Also blue brawl style fox added to this post as an apology for taking so long to respond lol. I made this one a long time before the yellow one so it might not look as good.

Enjoy http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W2TNHLHU

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I love you warrior knight :)
thank you so much

Edit: I'd also like to thank anyone who answered my questions or helped me out in this thread or in the general hacking thread :)
After about a week and a half I've compiled the best copy of melee I could ever ask for (at least until cooler textures come out ;) )
I wish the best of luck to the rest of you and will try to help out as well

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Hey so I've been compiling a huge number of textures (Like every one I see) and stuff in this neat organized folder.

I think I've got about 340 or so.

Would anybody be interested if I uploaded it?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
If it's team friendly, and it has yoshi story in its regular state, then yes.:bee:
Well it's whatever textures that are available that you want to put on...so you decide if you're making a team friendly ISO lol.

And I don't have any regular textures on there (though I may add them), just get a normal ISO for that.

And I probably won't do this for a while since I'm very nitpicky and have to double check all the files to make sure they're correctly labeled and working.

Keep in mind there are not any new textures on here, just everything that I've seen that's been released.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
imo we should a agree on a standardized format for all future texture hacks

eg zip file with
- PlCaNr.dat
- PlCaNr.jpg
- tpl file for css

Unlucky XIII

Smash Cadet
Hey, is the Wolverine Falcon supposed to be a .ukd file? I don't know what to do with that lol
Haha, sorry about that, I'm in a PAL region myself.
I'm assuming you're using a US NTSC version of the game? If so, I'm fairly sure renaming the .ukd to .usd and patching it in should work. Emphasis on fairly though.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
extract iso (gc tool), rename to usd, replace file, rebuild (gc rebuilder)

Stev

Smash Ace
Is this the place for texture requests? Cuz i got some good ideas:

A Vageta Falco would be sick since Goku fox already exists and his head is oriented upwards for the hair anyways.

A black ninja sheik

Maybe a Chrono Roy

Scorpion CF

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Edit2: I actually found a question to ask in this post so its no longer useless!

Does anyone know how I can get a complete Melee game save for the Dolphin emulator? i can play my texture hacked melee via the Emulator, but I don't have anything unlocked and I have found it to be unbearable to try and do so using a keyboard. I tried to use the AR codes function but it causes the game to crash after the load screen.

fOof

Smash Rookie
I just googled 'ssbm dolphin save file' o.O

link

The PAL version is a couple posts down, but I didn't use that one so I don't know if it works. You just open up your dolphin, go to options -> configure, then click the gamecube tab, set slot A to memory card, click the three dots, and navigate to the .raw file you just downloaded.

Does this violate the rules of not posting copyrighted material and stuff?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I just googled 'ssbm dolphin save file' o.O

link

The PAL version is a couple posts down, but I didn't use that one so I don't know if it works. You just open up your dolphin, go to options -> configure, then click the gamecube tab, set slot A to memory card, click the three dots, and navigate to the .raw file you just downloaded.

Does this violate the rules of not posting copyrighted material and stuff?
I must really suck hard at google because I searched for half an hour and could not find one. Thank you.

Top Bottom