• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

Rog

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the double post but I had a question. If someone edited the original color of a character, and if I downloaded their character, would I be able to over write hex code with my code and would the game not freeze?

D1

Banned via Administration
Currently still editing first post, I believe I know WarriorKnight has a Green ranger texture. I dunno if anyone uploaded blue yet. I'll peruse the thread guys.

*edit*

I'm done updating the first post. If there's anything I missed please tell me.

For the most part I know the only thing I never added to this page were Steelia's texture hacks since there are absolutely so many and it'd be way easier if ppl checked IL for 'em.

Other than that I think I'm up to date. I'll be checking back here more frequently sorry for being MIA for all those months.

nube

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, thanks for the update. You should definitely find that DL link for the green ranger :)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Someone should make a texture hack where all the characters have their skeletons showing (like in 64 when you got hit by an electric attack).

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Ok.. the Green Ranger. I've had it since July but never got around to posting it up here. I gotta find the usb hard drive that I made it and saved it on. Here's a screenshot in case you're wondering.

Once I find it on my HD I will upload it.

</noscript>

D1

Banned via Administration
I just got word from WarriorKnight:

"If this was an hour ago i would've told you I can't find it b/c I really couldnt. I just found it 5 minutes ago hiding inside one of my portable hard drives that I plugged in. It will be released before midnight lol."

get...

fuggin...

HYPED!

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
lol @ this nigg D1 hahaha!!

Midnight release lol
Without further ado... My Green Ranger Falcon!! To replace PlCaGr.dat in Iso (Green costume).
Made before Apex.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57O4PFRW

Enjoy!!

Oh yea, I have an unfinished NFL New York Giants Captain Falcon for both NR costume and the Blue. Kinda lost interest a while back but if anybody wants me to continue let me know.

voorhese

Smash Master
released on the hour that begins my 18th birthday....i become a man the same day the manliest of man is crowned

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Has anyone put Peach's brawl texture over the melee texture? If not, I'd like to do it. If so, I'd like a download link x_x.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Has anyone put Peach's brawl texture over the melee texture? If not, I'd like to do it. If so, I'd like a download link x_x.

Sorry. :p

is there a site where i can find all the (latest) texture and music hacks?
Mmm, the only site I know of that releases stuff periodically is Illusory Labyrinth (my place, comprised of me and a few others)... and this topic, really. No other sites out there that really host stuff, since the scene's still expanding.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever made a Falcon texture with a suit? that would be swell.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

Sorry. :p

Mmm, the only site I know of that releases stuff periodically is Illusory Labyrinth (my place, comprised of me and a few others)... and this topic, really. No other sites out there that really host stuff, since the scene's still expanding.
Thanks for the download, I'm going to check out your site.

Do you mind if I take the peach texture you made and re-color it to match the other costumes?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thanks for the download, I'm going to check out your site.

Do you mind if I take the peach texture you made and re-color it to match the other costumes?
Have at it! :)
(Save for the Daisy-esque costume, since that one actually has model and texture differences. Brawl, I am even more disappoint. >;\ )

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Have at it! :)
(Save for the Daisy-esque costume, since that one actually has model and texture differences. Brawl, I am even more disappoint. >;\ )
I have 2 more quick questions:
1. Do you have MSN or Steam?
2. How long does it typically take for you to do a texture hack for melee?

n0ne

Smash Ace
Did Someone EVER find a DL link for the white FD on first page of this thread? ive asked a couple of times now, but still no hope.. :/

And whats the name of ..
-- the Ready.... go! banner? (filename)
-- the cloud on yoshis story (filename)
and on the iso, are all the CSPs and stage select portraits actually 2 different files? or are they just a bunch of tgas? confused... help

nube

Smash Apprentice
White FD - no link, never released
Ready, go, game file: IfAll.usd
Randall - a texture in the yoshis story stage (I think) file: GrSt.usd
CSP's - held in the CSS (Character Select Screen) file: MnSlChr.usd
Stage portraits - held in the SSS (Stage Select Screen) file: MnSlMap.usd

How to change character or stage portraits (same as texturing any character or stage):
-obtain .tga file
-edit .tga file
-index .tga file (if necessary)
-convert to .tcs file
-convert to .tpl file
-hex .tpl file into game file (in this case, MnSlChr.usd or MnSlMap.usd)
-replace old MnSlChr/Map.usd file with new file in GC-Tool or GC-Rebuilder

Hope that helps.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I noticed that the stock icon for that Great Ape DK texture is for red Donkey Kong. I don't recall seeing Donkey Kong's offsets for his red outfit; Steelia only uploaded DK's textures for his default outfit. Is his red outfit's offsets exactly like his default outfit's? And what about his blue, green, and black outfits?

nube

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure S. just hasnt had time/forgot to upload a couple of costume offsets. I think he has then all down.

Top Bottom