• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have a question. I have seen Zora Link and Waluigi for Luigi textures floating around but for the life of me can not find them online. Can someone post the links for them? Or better yet where they come from? That would be awesome thanks :).

Also this is annoying My computers hard drive stopped working and as a result I am stuck to using school computers for melee stuff and that just sucks because it blocks all the awesome textures you guys made :(. I am posting this now because my brother was nice enough to lend me his computer for a short amount of time.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. I have seen Zora Link and Waluigi for Luigi textures floating around but for the life of me can not find them online. Can someone post the links for them? Or better yet where they come from? That would be awesome thanks :).

Also this is annoying My computers hard drive stopped working and as a result I am stuck to using school computers for melee stuff and that just sucks because it blocks all the awesome textures you guys made :(. I am posting this now because my brother was nice enough to lend me his computer for a short amount of time.
tomorrow, i post one recopilation of all textures of IL, zyx post, and this post

includes snapshots

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
YES!, i thing only need snaspshots of one o two textures(brawl mario, i thing only)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Smakis asks this:

"[21:14] alexander: go ask in the hack thread if all falcon costumes have the same offset placements"

also I ask what files are the stage select + character select screen backgrounds?

thinking of doing something like this unless someone can make me something much better :p

Steelia

Smash Champion
WHY DONT YOU ASK US SMAKIS :V lol

No, not all Falcon costumes share the same offsets... Red Falcon has an extra texture at the end of his file. But I DO think one or two have the exact same. Lemme check real quick.

Bu - 01 - 00021040
Gr - 01 - 00021020
Gy - 01 - 00021000
Nr - 01 - 00021060
Re (.USD) - 01 - 00021040
Wh - 01 - 00021120

While some may start at different offsets than others, you CAN copy-paste the hex from one Falcon onto another if you know where it starts and ends. If I'm correct, all his textures are the same sizes and placed in an identical order... so it shouldn't be too much a hassle.

His Red... While you CAN paste into it like the others, you'd need to edit one last spare texture at the end of his file (53 - 0007ec40). Otherwise, same story.

...Oh, and @Fuzzyness, I think the BG of the Character Select Screen is made of black-and-white textures only. Sorry. :C
But the Stage Select Screen... I'll get back to you on that.
MnSlMap.usd
Supplied on page 4 already, I believe. :)

smakis

Smash Ace
because i was lazy, and was doing other stuff, and totally starting to hate fuzzys constant changes x), thanks a lot for the reply though =)

but how do I know where it ends? Do I really have to create a bunch of tpls just to see how long each file is then compare? .... >_>

his red isnt really needed, I want to rehex pinstripe falcon over black (why on earth was it made over blue lol), batman over green (to make room for pinstripe, duh), emopeach over daisy, toon ganon over purple and oot ganon over green.

Steelia

Smash Champion
but how do I know where it ends? Do I really have to create a bunch of tpls just to see how long each file is then compare? .... >_>

his red isnt really needed, I want to rehex pinstripe falcon over black (why on earth was it made over blue lol), batman over green (to make room for pinstripe, duh), emopeach over daisy, toon ganon over purple and oot ganon over green.
Hmm.
You find out where it ends by pasting that color's very last texture into the file, and looking at the last offset line.
Like so:

CaGy
52 (last texture) - 0007dc00

Copy a TPL of 52, paste at that spot, scroll down to where the inserted texture ends... and, that's where the entire file ends.

^ Like so.
Then you go to the very top where everything begins (in CaGy's case, offset 00021000), and select everything down to where it ends. Really easy, for characters who don't have palette textures or added eye files (eye files go into their own separate part of the .DAT file, but you'd use the same process for them).

smakis

Smash Ace
oooh that makes it a ton easier, I thought there were some space between the textures like in the csps (there being two lines which you dont edit)

Steelia

Smash Champion
where can I get the weegee texture for luigi

and the texture for bowser at 2:00, one with the green shell and face but yellow body :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCLO8wRnW7
Nice timing Fuzzyness, was going through a bunch of unreleased textures I've had sitting for a release (had over 50 without snapshots o_0 )... Those two were on my TDL... I'll get 'em up next chance I've got over at Illusory Labyrinth.
http://illusorylabyrinth.wordpress.com/ <--future reference

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
is there a wind waker toon link?

update it soon please :3 I wanna get this iso done

what other stuff is there anyway thats not up? *interested*

voorhese

Smash Master
is this a request thread? if so once u guys can edit a little more than textures like say adding a mask to a character or smoothing out their face to look like a mask, make a jason voorhees ganondorf
u could make his cape part of his shirt or something cuz in a few movies he had like a buttonup coat thing...

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
bahh thats not the bowser =P thanks for finding toon link and weegee tho

this one! its like more toony and brighter

upload some really cool ones dude =D I wanna get as much cool stuff on this iso as possible, will prob share it too

Another request would be the white DK from brawl, known as "Eddie" from the DK cartoons

oo what are the stages? <3

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ D'ohh, it was 50/50. I've got a shot of that one as well, I'll release him tomorrow with a few others, then. :p

As for stages... can't really remember much off the top of my head... I think there's only one, and it's just a minor recolor, so nothing to get hopes up for. >:
Really wish I knew what to do with Pokemon Stadium. Hmm. Might change the elements of the stage (rock into ice, etc.), but that's only if I can't think of anything else.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I had a problem with the offsets for Pokémon Stadium.
I think they are wrong..

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ LOL, I made one, but it didn't look... quite right. We nicknamed it burned-in-a-forest-fire Yeti DK. XD
I've got a snapshot for it, though... I'll release it later with the brighter Bowser, then. Got a lot of extras to get out. >_>

I had a problem with the offsets for Pokémon Stadium.
I think they are wrong..
Eh? Where did the problem arise, Zyx? O:
That thing's huge, so I wouldn't be surprised if I did mess SOMEthing in there... I'll give it a look if you give me a lead. :)

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
When I try to modify the stage shifts for pokémon stadium (GrPs Water), the game freezes when I choose the stage...
Also, I found how to change the color of the light which reflected on the edges of pokémon stadium. The offsets for that are 11168 to 1116a in GrPs.usd but your "Place_GrPs2_GRASS.txt" says that these offsets are for textures :

139 - 000104e0
122 - 000114e0

That's why I thing the aren't correct.

EDIT : I just realized that there is a GrPs3.dat file... What a noob.. Will try again later.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
can anyone rehex this bowser over black for me please? =/ Atm its on red which is the same as skull koops bowser =(

http://stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/SSBM/Characters/Bowser/Mario&Luigi_SS_Koopa.rar

and also if possible:

white dk over blue dk

white yoshi over yellow yoshi

(these are in the .rar with everything supplied earlier)

sucks when you got two files with the same costume x_X

I know how you feel I wish I had that bowser texture over nutral. Brawl Fox and Brawl Falco over Nutral, and Toon Ganon over green. Unforuantly I have a really bad habit of screwing up my textures on hex editor :embarrass:. I feel so bad messing up on my sandbag texture that epicly. :mad: I think I will get it eventually, I just need more time :bee:.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I love you <3

no white donkey kong over blue dk? D: do want!

it doesnt look bad imo, it does have a charcoal back tho XD see what you mean about that

also that ness is awesome

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
S. and Ruken, if you two get any more awesome the internet might explode :). You guys are too good! Thanks Steelia, that helped me out a lot :).

Top Bottom