• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial ROM2 Results thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, jiggs is unbelievable.. I would lose my mind playing a good puff. I found pp's puff game pretty impressive at this one, but all it takes is to be an inch off the ledge then some bad di to lose 2 stocks in like 15 seconds against puff. Speaking of hbox, when are you gonna stop ragequitting when you miss a rest and try to double stick tech that ****? Just a thought lol, you played very well btw.

haha yeah i was kidding kage :)

I'm not so sure about that list. it's hard for me to put fox at 3rd... then i can't help but think about how powershielding is getting incorporated more which can change falco's match-ups altogether.

and i think kage is more so showing his capabilities as a player himself, not ganon as a character...

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
no. I used to think sheik was the best in the game for some time, until I started to think falco/fox/jiggs have more potential for winning tourneys, and then I started looking at tourney results and more and more I'm led to believe falco/jiggs/fox are better characters because I don't see any sheiks or marths doing anything since 2007 and now it's almost 2010. The top 5 or 6 characters in the game are all really close though so it doesn't really matter that much

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I can beat everyone :)

Lol jk dont hurt me, man i shoulda went.

Great job HBOX, no wonder why i lost to that douche bag.......................

lol jk. But good stuff! :chuckle:.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
M2K your top 10 lacks samus IMO.

PKM rage quitting cuz of controller problems/trash talk was so funny as was unkown throwing a chair. I felt bad about PKM though, but that doesn't mean it wasn't funny.

After seeing herb 2 crowd reactions I've always wanted to chant "stack it up" and I'm soooooo happy I got too!

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
theoradically since marth outspaces everyone, wouldn't he be potentially be the best if you can consistenly powershield projectiles? lazers and tournips ect. just practice vs a level 9 computer and powershield back when they powershield ur stuff... needles are hard to see though. yes fox ics or falco have higher tech skill potential but whats the use if u can never touch your opponent? this is if the metagame ever reached a point where everyone played like supercomputers though just a thought

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Totally disagree crimson, I feel that Marth can EASILY be pressured hard by falco and fox and the matchup for marth with sheik is NOT in his favor.

I love tristate smashers, mad cool with chilling with them all again at this.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
theoradically since marth outspaces everyone, wouldn't he be potentially be the best if you can consistenly powershield projectiles? lazers and tournips ect. just practice vs a level 9 computer and powershield back when they powershield ur stuff... needles are hard to see though. yes fox ics or falco have higher tech skill potential but whats the use if u can never touch your opponent? this is if the metagame ever reached a point where everyone played like supercomputers though just a thought
Pretty sure powershield means everything in melee. Marth can't outspace Ganon btw.

Niko45

Smash Master
Puff is a very good tournament character because there's no terrible matchups and puff has extremely good counterpick stage options.

Marth and Sheik players need to have strong secondaries nowadays.

Like if the rule was that you had to play 1 character the entire tournament, puff would be the best in my opinion. Very good all-around vs the cast.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
The first real hype match of the tourney was bam and vwins vs teczero and vanz, such a good set.

Teczero was going to be my and Americas hero until his finger slipped =[

Sanu

Smash Champion
Let's see Kage place top 10 at Pound 4! ;D

But otherwise good **** to everyone. Sadly, I missed the live stream. **** YOU McDONALD'S!!!! D; Worked from 3-11:30.
You're ********, he placed top 5 at RoM1 AND RoM2, beating Azen, KDJ, Jmanm Cactuar etc.

Get ****ing *****

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
no. I used to think sheik was the best in the game for some time, until I started to think falco/fox/jiggs have more potential for winning tourneys, and then I started looking at tourney results and more and more I'm led to believe falco/jiggs/fox are better characters because I don't see any sheiks or marths doing anything since 2007 and now it's almost 2010. The top 5 or 6 characters in the game are all really close though so it doesn't really matter that much
2008 marth won, anyways marth is like ken. He has his own flowchart. Instead of shoryuken,

"if ur in danger throw Fsmash".
"if character is in knockdown throw Fsmash"
"if character is recovering from edge throw Fsmash"
"if someone is in presuring u throw Fsmash"
"if someone is in a platform throw Fsmash"
" if u dont know what to do throw tipper Fsmash"

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
kage beat him in winners bracket and loser's bracket, i believe mango went: falco falco falco, and in loser's falco puff puff
He went all Falco in winners. In loser's semis he went Falco, then Puff and got 2-0'd. It was best of 3 both times because they weren't finals.

EDIT: Scratch that Dave reminded me that Mango switched from Falco to Falcon in Winners against Kage.

takoyaki

Smash Cadet
****...kage holding it down i guess. screw hungrybox, pee pee shoulda won (L)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
*blood begins to boil*
LMFAO

Also he like straddled thumbs and latched on to him and wouldn't let go while i was asleep.
He jumped into my bed at 3 am while I was getting good sleep, latches his arms and legs around me and did not let go. Even when I pryed that ***** off he regrabbed me, it was our Falcon Sheik matches all over again -_-

He was also this close to vomiting on me and the bed, his breath reaked of alcohol and almost made ME vomit. ***** I'm gonna make you pay at Katsucon.

i'm glad you're not putting ganon in top five just because kage did well.
ROFL @ your sig

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
What an awesome tourney good matches going on everywhere.

I wish marth could place higher though hes my char and nobody can win that much with him anymore.
(Aside from M2k)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Dr. Peepee is terrible at this game.

He should stick to writing Twilight.

(Hell yeah PP rep the catfish. Next time camp Major Lazer on dat puff.)

rhan

Smash Hero
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
ISSSSSSSS MAAAAAAAAAAAH NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Payout????????

'Fro

Smash Lord
Eh, just an opinion, but all the disbelief at a lower tier character winning a set is rather ridiculous, particularly in Ganon's case. The power that monster packs makes him really punishing if you mess up. Jiggs and Falco will feel that thanks to their light weight/ bad recovery, respectively. American fighting game scenes are plagued by this kind of thinking. The tiers are well-reasoned, and exist because they're true. However, as stated by all the experts on this game or otherwise, they assume complete equailty of all the other variables in a match, which is an extreme case. One player bridging the tier gap by playing out of his skin for a set or two is entirely possible.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Eh, just an opinion, but all the disbelief at a lower tier character winning a set is rather ridiculous, particularly in Ganon's case. The power that monster packs makes him really punishing if you mess up. Jiggs and Falco will feel that thanks to their light weight/ bad recovery, respectively. American fighting game scenes are plagued by this kind of thinking. The tiers are well-reasoned, and exist because they're true. However, as stated by all the experts on this game or otherwise, they assume complete equailty of all the other variables in a match, which is an extreme case. One player bridging the tier gap by playing out of his skin for a set or two is entirely possible.
heck when the game first came out gannon was top teir if i remember correctly so don't sleep on him =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom