• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Florida Brawl Player Point Rankings (Read 1st Post,1st new draft 2-8-09)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you know it. SFL brings it hard, no lie!.
that and theres been no CFL tourneys this month...

if you keep doing this, you guys should include gigs too, even though they have their own seeding thing. Alot of people go to gigs, so it'd be weird to not include the biggest FL tourney

I NEED TO PLAY IN A TOURNEY. I HAVE TO WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS AND IT HURTS :(

chckn

Smash Ace
that and theres been no CFL tourneys this month...

if you keep doing this, you guys should include gigs too, even though they have their own seeding thing. Alot of people go to gigs, so it'd be weird to not include the biggest FL tourney

I NEED TO PLAY IN A TOURNEY. I HAVE TO WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS AND IT HURTS :(
yeah. anyways, after gamebreakers, **** is slowing down here too. If I had another tourney in like september would the caravan come down?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
september? there essentially arent anymore free days in september:

9/6 - gigs
9/13 - either hbox biweekly or my orlando tourney yet to be announced
9/20 - my AND HRNUTS brawl wars tourney :laugh:, in which i expect the world to go to, or else
9/27 - linguini's melee and probably ruuku's gamebreakers.

I dont attend sunday tourneys anymore because of NFL season, and NFL >>> brawl.

chckn

Smash Ace

9/6 - gigs
9/20 - my brawl wars tourney, in which i expect the world to go to, or else
9/27 - linguini's melee and probably ruuku's gamebreakers.

lol I guess october then, you got an idea for a good date?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
just wondering, would attendance amount have any everlasting effect on the points rewarded?

just saying, lets SAY we gave points for Gigs1, where 140 people showed up (just an example) wouldn't getting first in that count more than say getting 1st at lolful?

just wondering

and LOL at starting right at fast wen i started doing amazing. i love fall

Gingerr

Smash Lord
This idea is bad,

What is wrong with the Brawl community and needing to fix things that aren't broken? Jesus christ. Leave. ****. Alone. You guys are like that cereal company that had something delicious at first, but they kept trying to change it to make it better, which just ended up ruining and making everyone hate it.

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Double Post- Also seems like a lot of pointless work man. Whatever if it gets to be troublesome, just leave it alone for a while and then people will go back to b1tchin about the PR's being updated every week.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master

9/6 - gigs
9/20 - my brawl wars tourney, in which i expect the world to go to, or else9/27 - linguini's melee and probably ruuku's gamebreakers.

wow, i get no credit even if my name's on the tourney thread...**** i c how u r G...:(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wow, i get no credit even if my name's on the tourney thread...**** i c how u r G...:(
...lol. out of all of the stuff in this thread and you pick that...you a B.A.A. :laugh:

ill even go edit my post, even though you probably wont be doing any tourney director-ing at the tourney.

completely unrelated note...being sick sucks. im at work and im about to fall asleep every 30 seconds, and the only reason i havnt yet is because my cough keeps waking me up

nevershootme

Smash Master
first, there's already enough complaints about PR's not being updated... This whole thing is updated when a tournament rolls around... think rankings for teams in the NFL (i don't even enjoy watching that sport, but using those stats as an example)

It's either we start from August-Present or September-Present and renew every 4 months

and maybe gigs should have a higher point value scale to assign since they get 70+ on average. could go top 20 or 30. cuz the only major events florida gets is gigs and maybe the occasional FIU tourney once a semester (still aiming to go twice a semester).

either way this project may be short... but at least it points out that "hey i'm #1 fools!" maybe I need to reiterate the point scale seriously...

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
this looks nice but i think its just gonna cause confusion and there may be tourneys that i just CANT attend i'm not sure if that should be held against me in anyway as well as anyone else

chckn

Smash Ace
this looks nice but i think its just gonna cause confusion and there may be tourneys that i just CANT attend i'm not sure if that should be held against me in anyway as well as anyone else
Thats the only down side with this, it becomes almost how many tourneys you can attend instead of how well you place in them. But seriously there is gonna be a downside to any system for this.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
no no no, that shouldn't be an issue.

people have to understand that these points do not, in anyway shape or form depict the actual PR's. If anything, all this point system will do is to AID the panalists when making/updating the PR list, so as we dont have to scavange the boards looking for results and such. Something everyone must keep in mind is that order on the PR list is not determined by who places where how often, persee, but more heavily on who beats who how often.
everything of course is taken into consideration but lacking ability to go to every tourny shouldnt be a problem as far as PR's go, however it would logically affect ur points based on this system.

take it as u will, i wouldn't worry much.

in all honesty i think it'll better everyone if we just stop worrying so much bout pr's with every match, and just take things as they come, tourny by tourny.

chckn

Smash Ace
no no no, that shouldn't be an issue.

people have to understand that these points do not, in anyway shape or form depict the actual PR's. If anything, all this point system will do is to AID the panalists when making/updating the PR list, so as we dont have to scavange the boards looking for results and such. Something everyone must keep in mind is that order on the PR list is not determined by who places where how often, persee, but more heavily on who beats who how often.
everything of course is taken into consideration but lacking ability to go to every tourny shouldnt be a problem as far as PR's go, however it would logically affect ur points based on this system.

take it as u will, i wouldn't worry much.

in all honesty i think it'll better everyone if we just stop worrying so much bout pr's with every match, and just take things as they come, tourny by tourny.

This should be on the first post of the thread. btw seibrik if you dont come today I will eat your babies.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I have an idea.

It wouldnt make sense to start from scratch. so...

Think of what they do for CS pros...ESA...

Your placings now until..... will be on the point system. But for those who are vets..(the last 4 months?) Take the top whatever and honor them with...idk. Like pre points for the new point system...Im not good at explaining..i hope you get my drift.

Take the top whatever an give them some points already so its impossible for people to just start and be able to be ranked in the top.

Due that every 3 months, like a 3 month cycle.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
We should do a circuit....

which I already suggested.

And now Frames is, too.

Because circuits aren't located 90% of the time in SFL.

Because cirucits actually give CFL, SFL, NFL, and MWFL equal chances.

Because circuits are always big.

cough.

Frames

DI
We should do a circuit....

which I already suggested.

And now Frames is, too.

Because circuits aren't located 90% of the time in SFL.

Because cirucits actually give CFL, SFL, NFL, and MWFL equal chances.

Because circuits are always big.

cough.
Also if i recall correctly, there WAS an atlantic south melee circuit, but i don't think it ever finished.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
yea its like a comet invasion im like half man half amazing. you cant stop it its inevitable. you either accept it or feel like **** when i actually do own you for not accepting it. see if you accept it you will atleast feel like you knew u you were gonna get owned by me. they might beat me now but it wont stop me from inevitably gettting used to them and then never beating me again unless its afro he will prolly own me back after owning him a few times. but even so afro knows his time will be up so does seibrik. seibrik knows more than I do prolly. wurd up

GET RDY BRAWL NUBS im coming for you motha****ers

chckn

Smash Ace
yea its like a comet invasion im like half man half amazing. you cant stop it its inevitable. you either accept it or feel like **** when i actually do own you for not accepting it. see if you accept it you will atleast feel like you knew u you were gonna get owned by me. they might beat me now but it wont stop me from inevitably gettting used to them and then never beating me again unless its afro he will prolly own me back after owning him a few times. but even so afro knows his time will be up so does seibrik. seibrik knows more than I do prolly. wurd up

lol thats too ****ing good. Yo chops Im trainin up in melee, comin for you partna.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

better not mess with chops, i heard he rides his own c0ck to tournaments. Then he beats people and asks them "did you want fries with that?"

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I didn't read the whole thread, only the first post.

This is a good idea, but remember, a tourney with 48 people needs to hold more water than a tourney with 8 people.

Also, some people aren't gonna be able to make it to a tourney in say the Panhandle(SFLians) or the Keys(the panhandlers) so this could shift the points heavily.

You should have points in each region.

Make like 4 regions(SE, N, SW, Panhandle).

Then have the other list with all regions and go from there useing the 4 sub lists and main lists.

Rohins had an idea like this for Melee about a year or 2 back.

The thread is somewhere in the ASD.

It might help ya 8.

(Like I said, just trying to help, I've hosted and set up some pretty amazing tourneys).

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I didn't read the whole thread, only the first post.

This is a good idea, but remember, a tourney with 48 people needs to hold more water than a tourney with 8 people.

Also, some people aren't gonna be able to make it to a tourney in say the Panhandle(SFLians) or the Keys(the panhandlers) so this could shift the points heavily.

You should have points in each region.

Make like 4 regions(SE, N, SW, Panhandle).

Then have the other list with all regions and go from there useing the 4 sub lists and main lists.

Rohins had an idea like this for Melee about a year or 2 back.

The thread is somewhere in the ASD.

It might help ya 8.

(Like I said, just trying to help, I've hosted and set up some pretty amazing tourneys).
Some good ideas there, man. And I see I'm not the only one that remembers Rohins' idea:

http://rohins.info/ssbm/index.php

Master Raven

Smash Master
Stripes, I think that's a good idea, especially considering I really won't be going to any tournies outside of SFL until I get my driver's license which I'm doing like... next year.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
No no no no.

I've already discussed most of this with people and i've figured out valid ways of fixing most of the apparent problems.

(not all of these are my alone solutions, most of them i've helped come up with)

In any case

for tourny size, u make set amounts for a 16man bracket/byes included, 32man bracket/byes included, 64 and then some. maybe tournies with pools will have some special amount as well.

As far as "well wat if AWESOME play A can't make it to every tourny, he still deserves recognition!"

true, so instead of doing seperate regions or w.e.
each player just has they're own tourny average.

you take the amount of points they have collected, and devide it by the amount of tournies they've been to that count towards those points, and THATS the number they get. THATS the number that decides where they're seeded and how the place amoung other smashers.

Thoughts?

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
No no no no.

I've already discussed most of this with people and i've figured out valid ways of fixing most of the apparent problems.

(not all of these are my alone solutions, most of them i've helped come up with)

In any case

for tourny size, u make set amounts for a 16man bracket/byes included, 32man bracket/byes included, 64 and then some. maybe tournies with pools will have some special amount as well.

As far as "well wat if AWESOME play A can't make it to every tourny, he still deserves recognition!"

true, so instead of doing seperate regions or w.e.
each player just has they're own tourny average.

you take the amount of points they have collected, and devide it by the amount of tournies they've been to that count towards those points, and THATS the number they get. THATS the number that decides where they're seeded and how the place amoung other smashers.

Thoughts?
It solves the problem of individual players not being able to go to each tourny by awarding points by their own average (how many tournies they have been to divided by the placings they got) This is a great idea seeing as how not everyone can go to every tourny, and it will help out if FL every decides to do our own MLG type of tourny where the point system will really take effect.

It also solves the problem/situation that player A might get 3rd at an small 8man bracket tourny and player B might get 3rd at a 64man bracket and get the same amount of points, when both players obviously did not do the same respectively. We simply solve that by awarding a SET amount of points per bracket size in a ratio.

Example= Player A gets 1st at an 8man bracket so he is awarded 8points. Player B gets 1st at an 16man bracket so he is awarded with 16points. Player C gets 2nd at a 8man bracket so he is awarded 6points. Player D gets 2nd at a 16man bracket so he is awarded with 12points.

-advent-

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Yeah but Player A who gets first at a 64 man tourney had 63 scrubs while Player B got 1st at an 8 man tourney vs Afro, Saybrick, and MK players.

Plus, doesn't SFL dominate now that Rx and xYz quit or something?

So SFL tournies will have to have more points than Jackscubville(jk it sounds funny).

No matter what the PRs will be flawed and biased.

Just like a tier list.

The top 3 or 4 are usually solid but after that its just meh.

Top Bottom