• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Florida Brawl Player Point Rankings (Read 1st Post,1st new draft 2-8-09)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Except that this thread is not about the power rankings. This is more a recording of tournament results.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Yeah but Player A who gets first at a 64 man tourney had 63 scrubs while Player B got 1st at an 8 man tourney vs Afro, Saybrick, and MK players.

Plus, doesn't SFL dominate now that Rx and xYz quit or something?

So SFL tournies will have to have more points than Jackscubville(jk it sounds funny).

No matter what the PRs will be flawed and biased.

Just like a tier list.

The top 3 or 4 are usually solid but after that its just meh.
sfl owns rx and xyz though.

Frames

DI
I think that if we did this, we should just have overall rankings, if people couldn't make it to a tournament here or there because of no ride or whatever, that wouldn't discredit them from the power rankings, like seibrik said, player rankings don't equal power rankings. So if afro for some reason couldn't make it to the next two tournaments, he would lose points and maybe fall behind on the player rankings but would still be number one just because of his previous records. This way, even if great players don't make it to every tournament, it won't count against them for the power rankings.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Yeah but Player A who gets first at a 64 man tourney had 63 scrubs while Player B got 1st at an 8 man tourney vs Afro, Saybrick, and MK players.

Plus, doesn't SFL dominate now that Rx and xYz quit or something?

So SFL tournies will have to have more points than Jackscubville(jk it sounds funny).

No matter what the PRs will be flawed and biased.

Just like a tier list.

The top 3 or 4 are usually solid but after that its just meh.
Thats a valid point however this is not something to determine the tier list, its just something to HELP AID with it. And if good players decide to go to a tournament then so be it. We SHOULD NOT give out more points determined by which players go to which tournament for obvious reasons.

Seibrik and I have pretty much figured out most of the problems with this idea and are about to take some actions towards pushing this.

-advent-

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
...we should do ELO rankings instead

a lot of other competitive games use them

just a suggestion lol

I think the ELO rating system is a great idea to help out with this project, but I dont think we should use it instead of the point system because of the precision.

-advent-

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
When did I ever say that I quit?

did xYz say that I quit?

I've heard this rumor 100 times in the last month...

I'm still totally into Brawl.

And also into cats.

I just won doubles at a tourney in New York two weeks ago with Bum. (7th in singles :()

I'll be at every gigs, and lots of Central Florida tournaments.

I love you guys too much to quit.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Well if that's the way you guys wanna do it.

But, there's a 64 man tourney:

If player A puts Afro, Seibrick, and XyZ in Losers the first 3 rounds then loses to Rx in the 4th round of winners and loses again in losers to random scrub it means nothing because player A got 17th and Afro,Seibrick and xYz got 1st 2nd and 3rd.

By all means, your system is the best.

chckn

Smash Ace

If player A puts Afro, Seibrick, and XyZ in Losers the first 3 rounds then loses to Rx in the 4th round of winners and loses again in losers to random scrub it means nothing because player A got 17th and Afro,Seibrick and xYz got 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Why would someone who beat seibrik, afro and xyz lose to some random scrub....

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
not rly, not as much as it used to be. tournies are becoming more narrowed with who does well. there's been little changes in placings recently, duno if im the only one whos noticed that.

and the reason we need to make sure people get the points the deserve, like people that dont go to some tournies dont get points, is for seeding.

u dont want afro to miss a couple tournies than be put in the middle or bottom seed of the bracket, because we did total points rather than an average. the average keeps the number one, as number one, no matter how many tournies pass, as long as the ones he goes to, he wins. thats just logical.

Ruuku

Smash Lord

I don't think that all of this is about who one player can beat but more about how well he can place.

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Who gives a **** honestly about power rankings or point systems? All that matters is who's gonna win the next tournament not adding points up to see who gets what.

chckn

Smash Ace
Who gives a **** honestly about power rankings or point systems? All that matters is who's gonna win the next tournament not adding points up to see who gets what.
I agree... until you start using the point system for seeding and then it can easilly affect the outcome of future tournaments.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Seibrik and I have pretty much figured out most of the problems with this idea and are about to take some actions towards pushing this.
-advent-

Err, correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem this idea was started by (at least not this thread) or is being handled by yourself or Seibrik.

Seems pretty arrogant the way both of you are talking.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Sounds like you guys are putting a lot of work into something that doesn't matter at all anyways.
Here, I'll do the work for you.
Matt's winning all of the tournaments again, and that's all that matters.
lol to everyone who can't beat him that need some sort of self gratification regardless.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Also, some people aren't gonna be able to make it to a tourney in say the Panhandle(SFLians) or the Keys(the panhandlers) so this could shift the points heavily.
Thanks for thinking of us Pete. Much love.

This idea will never happen btw, it's too much work for someone to keep up with and they will quickly lose interest in it. Nobody wants to help with the FL thread either after all.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Thanks for thinking of us Pete. Much love.

This idea will never happen btw, it's too much work for someone to keep up with and they will quickly lose interest in it. Nobody wants to help with the FL thread either after all.
I'd help with this...or the FL thread...But I don't move around enough to do anything

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
everyone just needs to get better and not worry about any point system, everyone should review every match that they've lost and why, FLORIDA needs to get better and ready for the next fast because we basically lost to OOT in the tourney, i don't want that to happen next time, so from now i could care less about PR's and Point Systems i just want Florida to be good thats why we should just help each other out with little things even if it means getting whooped by the person that you're helping, i don't care if i help someone beat me, it at least shows that they are getting better (which we all need to do). So if anyone want to get better with me just find me at tournaments and i promise if there is an open tv we'll play as many friendlies with whomever you wanna fight that i can play, and i'm picking up (getting good) mk to give others practice and to help myself out in matches that seem too hard, and i also plan to start playing alot more Marth in tournaments if possible, even if i have to sometimes fight an MK, when i feel comfortable bringing him out against Mk then i will, i like snake but i'd much rather play my original main, Marth.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
everyone just needs to get better and not worry about any point system, everyone should review every match that they've lost and why, FLORIDA needs to get better and ready for the next fast because we basically lost to OOT in the tourney, i don't want that to happen next time, so from now i could care less about PR's and Point Systems i just want Florida to be good thats why we should just help each other out with little things even if it means getting whooped by the person that you're helping, i don't care if i help someone beat me, it at least shows that they are getting better (which we all need to do). So if anyone want to get better with me just find me at tournaments and i promise if there is an open tv we'll play as many friendlies with whomever you wanna fight that i can play, and i'm picking up (getting good) mk to give others practice and to help myself out in matches that seem too hard, and i also plan to start playing alot more Marth in tournaments if possible, even if i have to sometimes fight an MK, when i feel comfortable bringing him out against Mk then i will, i like snake but i'd much rather play my original main, Marth.
I'd be playing but gas prices stop me, as does distance. Also some people from the Fl smash community have a part in me quiting too.

If your going to use MK, watch M2K's videos. I'm pretty sure if the bad MK players from FL(well, MK's in FL period) watched M2K's videos and did what he did, competition wouldn't be so dry compared to other regions, because FL does suck large **** right now, sorry to say.

Also, hrnut, PLEASE use paragraphs it makes things so much easier ;_;

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'd be playing but gas prices stop me, as does distance. Also some people from the Fl smash community have a part in me quiting too.

If your going to use MK, watch M2K's videos. I'm pretty sure if the bad MK players from FL(well, MK's in FL period) watched M2K's videos and did what he did, competition wouldn't be so dry compared to other regions, because FL does suck large **** right now, sorry to say.

Also, hrnut, PLEASE use paragraphs it makes things so much easier ;_;
Agreed but our MKs are the only chars that are behind.
We are onpar in terms of everyone else.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Agreed but our MKs are the only chars that are behind.
We are onpar in terms of everyone else.
I dont know about that. Im hearing that most of our King Dedede's, GaW's, ROB's, and even Diddy's are behind in comparison to other states :ohwell:

But I agree with Hairy Nuts. FL should help FL get better!! (But I still want the point system LoLz.)

-lee-

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I dont know about that. Im hearing that most of our King Dedede's, GaW's, ROB's, and even Diddy's are behind in comparison to other states :ohwell:

But I agree with Hairy Nuts. FL should help FL get better!! (But I still want the point system LoLz.)

-lee-
we are? we arent as good as nanerz or ninjalink...but those really are the only other 2 diddys i know of

and i KNOW xYz is the best GW compared to other states. hes better than Needles and Hylian, the other GWs at FAST, and really two of the only other notable GWs around. The only one left that could possibly be better than him cause we dont know is Cosmo

i think chickn is the only ROB at this point...and i dont know about dedede players

AfroQT

Smash Master

-lee-
King Dedede = Seibrik, so essentially your sayin seibrik is behind (not including Hbox, he doesnt even go to brawl tourneys, atleast not recently.

GaW = XYZ, and he quit + was better then every other OOS GaW i've foughten so i doubt hes behind

RoB = FL has no RoB, Junior is the only one and he rarely attends tourneys (so far only the PnT tourneys and 1 FIU tourney), XoFF and icekid no longer attend
EDIT: **** forgot Chckn, but he just got into brawl tourneys.

Diddy = You and GDX so you think you are behind?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
our marths are slightly behind (me & chaz), our peaches are behind, our yoshi's are behind...we only have one wario that's on point which is abe, gmoney's wario's way behind, out diddy's could be better and will be cuz i'll break him out more and hopefully teach the diddy mains something, everyone better be beasting at gigs, i want to see some high level beastly *** playing, linguini is a beast Dk, tommy g is a beast but i think that he still has room for inprovement, i am behind and i don't plan to be there for long

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
King Dedede = Seibrik, so essentially your sayin seibrik is behind (not including Hbox, he doesnt even go to brawl tourneys, atleast not recently.

GaW = XYZ, and he quit + was better then every other OOS GaW i've foughten so i doubt hes behind

RoB = FL has no RoB, Junior is the only one and he rarely attends tourneys (so far only the PnT tourneys and 1 FIU tourney), XoFF and icekid no longer attend
EDIT: **** forgot Chckn, but he just got into brawl tourneys.

Diddy = You and GDX so you think you are behind?
I'm not behind :(

if that's what you're saying.

I have SFL distance johns, but I'll see you all at Gigs in two weeks :D

(i beat HRNUT (2-0) and seibrik before, so ha! :laugh:)

I got better, I really wanna play everyone now...

GDX got way better too.

Top Bottom