• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Florida Brawl Player Point Rankings (Read 1st Post,1st new draft 2-8-09)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Here are the rules to how this is planned to be run. This is an experiment

Starting with tournaments post dec. gigs until now. Any tournament result that was held in FL and must show top 12 placings on the results i will assign points on players (I would add the points for NFL players and their PHB tournaments, but I can't find the brackets showing top 12.)

Here's how the points are scaled:

1. 7
2. 6
3. 5
4. 4
5. 3
5. 3
7. 2
7. 2
9. 1
9. 1
9. 1
9. 1

Bonus points are also applied for any Money Matches and OOS performance

Potential Money Match point scale:
-1 point will be applied to players successfully playing their MM against a player provided with proof of a video or reliable sources who can tell me who did what.

-2 points will be applied for players who go against anyone on the chart that have a bigger point gap (Ex. Galeon beats Chaz in a MM, he gets +2 due to the point gap of 4). in other words, point gaps at 4 points difference will be given 2 points for a successful MM that was reported. and a penalty of -1 for the loser of the MM

OOS Performance:

As of now I have not figured out a method but here's a draft.

-Top 8 placing will be given 3 points. 1st place will be given 5
-Top 12 placing will be given 2 points
-Top 16 or 18 w/e will be given 1.

Tournaments used:
-Gigs december and janurary
-FIU Brawl Spring tournament
-Play-n-trade Ft. Lauderdale
-Pensacola Monthly
-Seibrik's Brawl Bash w/e thingy

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
There's really no reason to not implement a universal system like this. I think you should adjust your point scales though. There should be way more difference between getting 1st and getting 2nd (and so on) than a single point.

edit: Taking the top 12 is fine too and just start the point system by giving those who placed 9th a single point and increment it up from there, imo.

nevershootme

Smash Master
1. 10 points
2. 9 points
3. 8 points
4. 7 points
5. 6 points
5. 6 points
7. 4 points
7. 4 points
9. 2 points
9. 2 points
9. 2 points
9. 2 points

I had to adjust some point values cuz of FAST and Willvolution. Gigs June and Gamebreakers was not taken to consideration because I can't freaking find the results...

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
Gigs3 results:

1. AfroThundah (Snake)
2. GMoney (MK)
3. xYz (G&W)
4. Equi (Wolf)
5. c-doc (Pit)
5. Rx- (MK)
7. Hungrybox (Dedede)
7. HRNut (Marth)
Gamebreakers1 results:

1st.Fro
2nd.Rx
3rd. Linguini
4th seibrik
5th chops
5th equi
That's as much as you can get as results from those tourneys unless someone else can fill in what's missing for the top 12.

I still think you need to increase the difference between all the places. 1st and 2nd (and so on) should have a wider gap than just 1 point.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Gotta agree with Gmoney on the points. I think 10-8-7 or 10-7-6 would be a better spread for 1st-3rd in points.

nevershootme

Smash Master
i'm guessing

1. 10 points
2. 8 points
3. 6 points
4. 4 points
5. 3 points
5. 3 points
7. 2 points
7. 2 points
9. 1 point
9. 1 point
9. 1 point
9. 1 point

First draft of the point tally (There may be inaccuracies because my eyes can be freaking blind...

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Yo you totally jacked my idea. Oh well, at least one good thread on these forums. By the way, I'm making a myspace page for Team DAMD since James lost most of the material for the website...

nevershootme

Smash Master
hey guys, I just sat there for an hour scouring through all threads and type it up -_- give me time to update it ****it

edit: I mean one person demanded that I start this thing fresh starting with FIU and lolful. While I thought it was w/e to start with the summer ranks... so it's your call...

REMEMBER, THIS IS A CONCEPT IN PROGRESS.

Frames

DI
Ya know, if we're going to do a statewide point system, we should consider doing a regional circuit similar to what the east coast is doing.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
It'd be a large amount more work (probably) but what if the points were either cleared in a seasonal sense, or on a rolling month sort of system.

Either you could reset the points list every 3-4 months to keep the list accurate and current, or do something slightly weirder (but still workable I think), where each new month you drop the oldest month off in a 3 or 4 month cycle. So if we start now, after August, Sept, Oct go by, you drop August's tourney points off on the 1st of November and move onto Sept+Oct+Nov.

Second way keeps everything from just being wiped clean several times a year, but would also require a little more organization to keep track of how many points to drop off from people each month.

Then again you could just make a excel doc and lay it out like this:

Player | Total Points this period | Points in Jan | Points in Feb | Points in Mar|

Have it add the 3 points columns, then just delete the farthest left column every new month, add new month on the far right, etc.

anyway, just a thought on how to keep the list fresh and accurate for the future.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Good stuff Kamano, I mean there are others who may have suggested the 2nd idea already. I was doing this on excel and I just use the sum function and look at all threads. The core issue is where to start, I picked May since it was the start of summer (As stated the Florida Thread: Brawl History). I mean I could start after Willvolution if so

I know i don't feel like sleeping until 4am doing this whole thing, but if a community wants one, then so be it.

Frames

DI
Florida only?
Well, I think it could start out that way and we could incorporate the other states as it goes; we should see how this point system works out and then after a few tournaments, we could think about expanding to a full circuit, getting in not only FL, but the rest of the South.

so basically if youre new to tourneys, youre bracket ****ed no matter what...
Yup that's pretty much how it works. When you seed by skill, high players get seeded with low skill players, this is to balance the bracket so that higher skill players advance and lower skill ones don't. It may seem biased to someone who say has to play afro first round, but it's not, if you're not a good player, you're gonna lose anyway, the whole point is so you don't get an unnaturally high placing because you weren't seeded properly (now if you're a good player but you don't go to tournaments, that's a whole different thing), and that players who should do well don't get knocked out early because of faulty seeding. The whole point is that you have to work to get your points, so you have to fight from the bottom up.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
As I was telling 8-Bit:

- only Florida tournaments with a reasonable attendance you be counted
- a good idea is to do a monthly ranking and an overall ranking which would be updated every 3 months
- I suggest that the rankings either start from scratch or from a recent date
- a point reset can be done after a 12 months period.

It is the tournament director's decision whether he or she uses this for seeding. This shouldn't be seen as a rule.

chckn

Smash Ace
**** afro, Fiu be biting at your ankles son, gotta step it up. And by FIU I mean seibrik lol.

AfroQT

Smash Master
lol ONLY if you include August. If you put in any other month, i own it up.

Plus im already back on top son.
Seibriks gotta worry against to many meta knights.
His snake will learn the matchup though.

chckn

Smash Ace
lol ONLY if you include August. If you put in any other month, i own it up.

Plus im already back on top son.
Seibriks gotta worry against to many meta knights.
His snake will learn the matchup though.
Yeah lol, untill you stop adapting so well ****s not gonna change. But trust me son my rob is comin for you. nades blowin up in your face. You playing today?

Top Bottom