• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UndrWorld - A Pit Demonstration Video *New Format and UndrWorld Part 4 Released!*

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Wing Canceling is a bit more complicated then that. What's interesting is that the initial phase of the up-B, the extra glow at the start, has different properties then the rest of the move. You know how we can't do any attacks while hovering on top of the ground, but you are allowed to at that very same height during the initial phase. That's what makes it possible to auto-cancel the D-air. Another strange thing about the initial phase is that you're able to do a B-air out of it without pivoting.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
So what, approaching in the air, FFADWCBair is an applicable idea? I wish I could be testing this stuff out. Someone with a camera get to work! >_< lol

lol... Well WC is in then. Nice. Too bad SHWoIBairing isn't a reasonable name any more. I don't know why but these insane acronyms are fun. DJGSWGU-tiltWCBair... I'll make a signature for the first person who tells me what that is.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Double Jump, Glide Shift, Wave Glide, Up-Tilt, Wing Cancel, Back-Aerial
Woot!

EDIT: You can't do a SHWCB-air. You end up landing before the attack comes out. And so FFADWCBair wouldn't work either. The only benefit you can get out of Wing Canceling is the push effect.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
New techniques? Id love to use those too. Tell me how to do it, or show me a vid of it, and I'll see what i can do with them. I could probably use them against certain opponents.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
LOL, it's only one new technique, we were just having fun with acronyms.

Wing Canceling
If you short hop and immediately use up-B, then if you use D-air during the initial extra bright light that appears in the beginning, you'll land with no lag. You get the push affect, but nothing else, and it's still a little too slow and vulnerable to be useful.

UndrDog, it would be great if you made me sig please! I've been needing one.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sure thing. ^_^ Just send me a PM with what you want and I'll try to do it for ya.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
LOL, it's only one new technique, we were just having fun with acronyms.

Wing Canceling
If you short hop and immediately use up-B, then if you use D-air during the initial extra bright light that appears in the beginning, you'll land with no lag. You get the push affect, but nothing else, and it's still a little too slow and vulnerable to be useful.

UndrDog, it would be great if you made me sig please! I've been needing one.
You probably know this but any n-air and up-air work to cancel it to. I think f-air and b-air move you to the side for somehow putting you out of the initial state of the upb thus causing you to land in attack annimation. I generally use nair as you can easily do any move after that while. As for actual application I've had some success with using it to platform cancel but I've only found it useful to get on the platform slightly faster if they are notable above you. Generally if they are on the platform the wind affect will push them off maybe theres some way you can capilize on that but I haven't as of yet.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
You can Wing Cancel with the shield button? Is it easier then D-air?

Great update! I hope more people come and see this. Have you seen the lmnz's Wing Platform Cancel? It's really interesting, and opens up combo possibilities.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
waaaaait... where'd you get shfairwoi from >.>.. i hope sage told you about it cuz i just told him about it like a couple days ago lol. anyways shdairwoi is also useful =].

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah Sage showed me and I felt that the things you two came up with went very well together.

SHFairWoI into the Z Cancel seems pretty tight. And Wing Pivoting goes very well as Sage showed me.

I'd like to keep things in theme. Which is why I'm sad that Wing Refreshing wasn't in the previous edition. v_v

After I get Ten new techniques put up through 2.1-2.3 I'll make UndrWorld 3.0 which like 2.0 is a compilation of the previous UndrWorld plus the additions prior to 3.0's release.

Thing is there's still so many. lmnz's Platform Wing Cancel and the Wing Canceling will be in the same update, probably in 2.3. I've yet to master Platform Wing Canceling to be completely honest. lmnz might need to get me on Wifi and demonstrate. lol

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
UndrWorld 2.2 is being released tonight. In it are...

Arrow Chasing
Arrow Swarming
Wing Canceling
Platform Wing Canceling

Swil

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about that push that the wings of Icarus has when you activate them. Does it push well enough to possibly gimp someone if you chased them off of the arena with it?

kupo15

Smash Hero
You can Wing Cancel with the shield button? Is it easier then D-air?

Great update! I hope more people come and see this. Have you seen the lmnz's Wing Platform Cancel? It's really interesting, and opens up combo possibilities.
I just tested this and it is somewhat true. You can cancel with the grab button which brings the shield up after the cancel. The problem is that if you grab cancel, it is actually the same thing as Nair canceling which has more lag than a Dair if not performed perfectly.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
mainly the push cancel and grab or attack or smash wingdashin im guessin also i couldnt back up everytime i tryed to i turned around

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
2:30 in UndrWorld 2.2? If so the only slide I'm really noticing is Luigi's. If this is what you mean it's the effect of Pit's WoI. This is known as Wing Shoving.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
So I just watched 2.2

I don't quite get the application of Wing Canceling.

You seem to do smashes out of it; wouldn't it be just as fast to dash -> Shield cancel -> Smash?

Or is the 'push' of the wings that critical to the technique?

Also, is it as simple as dash -> upb -> hold down and/or do an aerial?

I just want to be sure I'm understanding this properly.

sokoto

Smash Rookie
Thats an awesome video dude but It only shows what Pit can do not how to do the moves. I was wondering if you can explain how to do those moves in the video or to me personally.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sorry I've been occupied as of late. Anyway I intend on continuing UndrWorld videos until they no longer seem useful. In other words, when we run out of crap to put into them.

Sokoto, if you check out www.undrworld.8k.com you can sign up and ask anything you like in the Q&A section. No matter the question we'll do our best to answer it. So don't worry about asking something that is very complicated, or incredibly simple. We'll do our best to help. ^_^

FantomKitsune, it's still up in the air if there is proper application for some of these techniques. Wing Canceling can improve moving speed from platform to platform among other things. I was merely preforming tasks after Wing Canceling to show how easy and fast the technique is.

KokiriKing, there is no UndrWorld 1.1, however I've looked into this. Only three of the videos go on long enough to each the 2:30 mark. My guess after watching each is that you are referring to either UndrWorld 1 or UndrWorld 2. Both of which include a segment on Shield Dashing at 2:30. Shield Dashing isn't unique to Pit but is as I've stated more times then the people in the Pit forums wish to read how important I feel this is to competitive Brawl. Shield Dashing, and PowerShielding for that matter, allow you to cancel your dash animation and then any move wish to preform faster then you could if you were to merely stop yourself from running. In other words, putting on and taking off your Shield quickly cancels your Dash faster then any other method.

As for the skid, that's just Pit's normal Initial Dash animation. Think of it like a Fox Trot segmented by PowerShields.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
hey undr i was wondering if you could make a guide so to speak video or text that trys to explain reflecting recoverys video would be better but im sure u have other things to do then make videos for noobs.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm currently working on the guide idea. Not too sure how it's going to pan out. lol It's a lot of working giving the fact I'm not very confident in my ability to verbally articulate what I'm trying to express. >_<

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently working on the guide idea. Not too sure how it's going to pan out. lol It's a lot of working giving the fact I'm not very confident in my ability to verbally articulate what I'm trying to express. >_<
(I'm not very confident in my ability to verbally articulate what I'm trying to express. = i dont know how to word it?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's probably closer to 4000 really. This is my second account. I initially joined back in '03.

Top Bottom