• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UndrWorld - A Pit Demonstration Video *New Format and UndrWorld Part 4 Released!*

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
sorry if this comes off as mean, but shouldn't all of your vids be in one place and not in 3 seperate threads.
Perhaps the Compilation videos and the Matches, but not this. This isn't a method of showcasing myself, but a reference for other Pit players.

Anyway, finally working on UndrWorld 3. No audio commentary though. I'm working on something else though. ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Not anymore it's not.

UndrWorld Part 4 has been released. Check first post.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well it's going to take me a while to learn how to do these new techniques. Perhaps you can help me out on some when i get back on your forums, which should be in 11 hours, 4pm pacific time or at least i think it is.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Woah, Pit has a long pivot cancel, and what's this super slidestep?! Are you double pivoting to get an extra long slide?

sagemoon

Smash Lord
This is interesting, thanks for posting it 2 days before my next tournament XD (last time when wingdashing was found was the day after the touranment... =/)

I gotta lot to work on now. Found any applications to them yet?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Look for my next compilation video to show Super SlideStepping in action.

Rhy: Actually it's combining Pit's SlideStep with Pivot Sliding. The result is a Pivot Slide much further and more easily controlled then the typical Pivot Slide.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I go as often as possible XD. I place decently too. I'm aiming for 1st place this time (doubtful). I'm also gonna try entering teams w/ my brother (Marth Pit team... it will be interesting)

kupo15

Smash Hero
It is nice that there are a lot of them near you. Do you go to the same ones each time (weekly tourneys) or is it a different one?

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Well I normally goto a monthly tournament where everyone from WA attends, sometimes canada (BC) and OR attend as well.

There are a couple of other tournaments that have taken place nearby because of brawls popularity as well. Regardless the top players are always at everyone so the size is dependant on the randoms that show lol.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So that thing with the r.o.b. that was the glide tossing right how do you to that? also I was tring the super side step thats the one that turns you around right, who do you do it I couldn't get it to work?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I couldn't figure out how to do the slide canceling.

The super slide stepping is a sidestep>while in the animation hold in the opposite direction to pivot coming out of the animation>hold the joystick in the original direction for a few frames.(similar to the craqwalk)
This is a neat move however we need to find a nice application. If we were to just do the move, they can punish us as soon as they see a spotdodge. Similar to how you can tell if Pit is arrow looping, this tech is easy to spot as well so we need some good mind gaming to throw them off.

The ROB thing is just a glide toss I think. Perform a roll and press the A button inbetween the initiation of the roll and the actually roll.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm having issues with the video capture at the moment. Super SlideStepping can be done straight-up in a match with little need for concern as you're able to react normally throughout the duration of the move. Well, with the exception of the dodge itself.

In the end, Sauna and I played for hours today and he never really caught onto both the timing and knowing how to handle my approach with it. Should be viable for tournament matches as your opponent sees little of you.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll have to get to these tech when I get back. Then when I'm ready, I should be more powerful. However, when I stare at some of the tech, idk how to do it. I'll get back to it later.
I'm sure i can make use of it like i did the Wing Techs, which a vid of me should be coming soon.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's simply adding additional Pivot Slides to the end of the Super SlideStep. Since you're still slightly unresponsive to extreme directional input, you can do this much easier then you could otherwise.

Anyway for actual match applications check out my "Stutter Step'n!?" compilation video in my other thread. It should be up shortly.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I found that you can RAR wingdash to super sidestep (I think this needs a new name no offense...) and it works pretty well for spacing application

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I feel totally out of touch with using Pit...

I have no idea what a wingdash is, and super slide dashing is something I've never even heard of. I've seen vids of wing pushing and whatnot, but I'm not sure if those are just fun tricks, or actually applicable techniques.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wingdash is (I believe) a serious technique. I also believe it is the closet thing to a wavedash in brawl thus far. It isn't a wavedash but similar. Use it like a wavedash.
Here is the link http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164871

Sagemoon: I was trying to do a wingdash after the Super dooper stepping slide thingy that may need a new name. I never thought about wingdashing before.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I was talking about wingdashing before the angel dance... It helps because wingdash stops momentum and angel dancing is fancy.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well just to throw this out there, Pit isn't the only character that can do this. Link can do this quite effectively. However I do like something involving angels. Like Angelic Dance or something of the such.

Stryks

Smash Hero
So the super slidestep, is it performed by sidesteping and then move the joystick left and right?

Anyway I dont come here that often so I might have missed the explanation of that move... I finally got the hang of wingdashing, very useful...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah, if you're familiar with Pivot Sliding then this will seem very familiar. While in your sidestep, hold back, then when you come out hit forward. Pretty much all there is to it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
k k thanx

btw I posted a video response on the Undrworld 1 vid, if u dont mind =D

old vid, didnt know how to do the wingdash back then...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Replied back...

I got a bucn of nice replays I wanna upload, but all i got to record with is a cam... ill try to get some up next week...

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I dont think the super side step requires and pivot canceling at all. You people are thinking too much into it. Pit can preform a sliding smash easily, among other sliding attacks not using the DPC. Idk what people call it but i just refer to it as "Slide Smashing". All you really have to do is tilt the D-Stick in the direction you want to go without causing the dash animation, then hit the C-stick to smash or use tilt attacks.

I looked around for a good example since im not gonna record anything. I found samurai Panda has a good video. As far as i know, it works well with all of Pits smashes, and luigi & meta knight's Dsmash. Its the last "trick" he shows with luigi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhjKgszhVA&feature=related

For me it helps make up for pits lack of smash range.

Top Bottom