• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UndrWorld - A Pit Demonstration Video *New Format and UndrWorld Part 4 Released!*

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I remembered that Ganondorf was the only other character able to do a slidestep, but we disregarded it because it moved only slightly. Can the super slidestep be done with him?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I think it would be interesting if u put some Mirror Shield edge guards into your next video. Just for something funny. You could show who it works against. I really like using it against ike though, totally cheat him out of a life.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Against ganon!!? That would be incredibly hard because both of his recovery moves are grabs meaning that the shield won't save me at all. Its pretty much impossible to gimp ganon like that except for two moves:

1. the end of his up B is an attack to know people of the ledge but its hard to predict when he will go that far in the animation

2. Reflecting the ledgehop down b kick right at the peak of it might work, but that also requires big anticipation.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I learned how to do the super slidestep myself, and it doesn't seem to serve a purpose. The slide is the exact same speed as walking after a sidestep. Actually, doing a single step walk forward after the sidestep produces the same slide while attacking. Doing the double pivot needlessly complicates things.

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol not at all. I have been killed by it because the kick down in air shoots him down at a 30 deg angle. He has done it a couple times in the videos i have posted.

For the ledge hop example, look at friendlies 13 against ganon at around 40 secs

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
The issue my opponents have had so far fighting the Angelic Step is disorientation. Reactionary fighters tend to get short-circuited when facing this. lol Seriously though, it's not a bad technique to learn for randomly throwing into your fight.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Cancelling the Turning around animation so you can slide while u r doing ur Fsmash is the thing i want to know how to do next. It looks simple, but i have not been able to do it once.
A Sliding Fsmash looks good, but I need to know how to do it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
The issue my opponents have had so far fighting the Angelic Step is disorientation. Reactionary fighters tend to get short-circuited when facing this. lol Seriously though, it's not a bad technique to learn for randomly throwing into your fight.
I did this in one of my ganon matches in the beginning and got a "this is SPARTA" kick in the face. But I agree with you. I am trying to put it in my game ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ah... Ganon is such a pop-culture nerd. First "Das Boot", then "This Is SPARTA!". Sadly, as a clone he's not as amazing as Captain Falcon. The man makes his own pop culture phenomena.

moocowmoo272

Smash Rookie
I think I might have found something usefull, if Undrdog hasn't already discovered it...
(did not discover this)
Anyways, you know when you push someone back with wingdashing and it makes them slide?
Well, if someone is close enough to you (trying to edgeguard) when you are hanging off the edge, you can drop and use WoI quickly to space yourself out from them. (imagine if they are doing a smash attack).
(thing i may have found)
The thing i think i may have discovered, that works on 3 stages i know so far; FD, Smashville, and Battlefield, is that if someone is close enough to you while you are hanging from the ledge, you can jump a little under the stage (a little behind your opponent), use WoI (which allows you to quickly return to the ledge again), while it actually pushes your opponent off the stage, which could lead to a back air or something.
Sorry for the long and confusing sentence...
If you still don't get it, i could send you a replay, but I have no way of putting anything on youtube.
By the way rogue, this isn't just pushing someone with wingdashing...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Kupo sent me a vid of this the other day its very nice.

But if you attack out of WoI then it'll send you into free fall so you wanta re grab the edge first

moocowmoo272

Smash Rookie
You don't attack directly out of WoI, because you will attach to the edge again before they will, so it will send them off while you have the opportunity to use back air from hanging off the ledge.
Kupo found this first... great...
if he discovered this first, i'm not gonna take credit for it.
or are you talking to the other guy above???

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I was talking to you all the other posts in here are very old. Don't worry about who found it you still found it out with out help. And its not like his or anyone's name would be on it anyway so it really doesn't mater. I don't even know who trully found it first anyway.

moocowmoo272

Smash Rookie
I don't think anyone has found this yet, but if anyone has, sorry!
Just wanted to make another contribution to pit's tricks up his sleeve.
I forgot to tell how it can be used!
Imagine if someone can spike you while you are on the ledge (Pit, Ike, LINK, and others too) or if someone wanders too close, you can use this tactic to send them off which can lead too a nice back air.
I have done this in a match, but it was too long to record.
Easiest to perform on Smashville.

Top Bottom