• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last picture is my eternal headcanon now.

Different? I always mean giant, evil reptiles' road-trips when I talk about feel-good.
Incineroar and Isabelle is a blessed pairing.

Whenever I see stuff of those two being friends it fills my heart with joy.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of headcanons who all has one for Smash? Mine is that Isaac actually made Piranha plant and decided to let him get in the roster instead.

NineS

Smash Lord
In that case, they're missing one person...

He's the one taking the picture, because he's the best cameraman.
Speaking of headcanons who all has one for Smash? Mine is that Isaac actually made Piranha plant and decided to let him get in the roster instead.
My headcanon is that Piranha Plant ate someone who was originally intended to receive the invitation, and went ahead going into smash anyway because the person the invitation was meant for is no more.
And yes, it was another Mario Character.

Just like my headcanon is that Joker stole his smash invitation from some other video game character who was at the game awards, and got in as a result.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Shulk foresaw every single newcomer that came after him.

...except Joker.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar pretends to be a macho villain to hide his insecurities. Whenever the bad guys start talking about killing Samus or taking over Hyrule he gets super uncomfortable.

NineS

Smash Lord
Shulk foresaw every single newcomer that came after him.

...except Joker.
You know, when you think about it.
OoT/MM Link and Ganondorf knew about every smash that was to come and every character that would ever be in since Melee.

Well, OoT/MM Link knew since Melee, Ganondorf since Brawl. Why?
Young Link is in Melee, then proceeds to go onto Ultimate, but then returns to Melee once he's Adult Link.

Ganondorf is in melee, then proceeds to go onto Ultimate, then goes back to Brawl during the era of Twilight, then moves onto SSB4.

also lucina probably knew because she's a friggin' time traveler from the future

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
WAIT.

HOLD UP.

You're telling me my Wii U can play Gamecube games through the Wii emulator?

Then why the **** do I have both a Wii and a Wii U hooked up to my bedroom TV. I've been playing Path of Radiance on Wii-- wait. Memory card. ****.
If you've got a big enough SD card it can take over the function of the Gamecube Memory Card while also housing the Gamecube game itself.
However, what if I said "Camilla is the best girl"? Would that rile people up on here? I know it sure would rile Alpharad up.
If you say that "Camilla is best girl," then I have to take a page out of Socrates' book and ask:

What determines an objectively "best" girl?
Don't try to answer the question because if you do I'm going to question you into the ground.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My Smash headcanon is that :ultrobinf: is overwhelmed by the prospect of facing off against three heroes of legend (:ultmarth::ultike::ultroy:) in addition to :ultchrom: & :ultcorrinf:.

She's a bookworm. She's surely read of them and their exploits, and she's humble. She's not a leader of men; she's a strategist. Going into a one-on-one fight with one of these guys would be intimidating as all hell.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In my experience, the Hollywood stereotype of high school and college, where there are "popular" crowds and "unpopular" crowds that are fiercely at war with one another, is mostly bull****. There are your outliers like the extreme nerds with personality problems that keep them from being socially acceptable or the stuck-up ***holes who fit the jock/prep mold, but all in all, teens just want to be included and find friendships everywhere. I think in retrospect people are more afraid of what they think people think of them than what they actually truly think of them.

I always considered myself a "nerd" and an outlier because of that, but really, I knew every single person at my school and only really had beef with one of them, specifically because my girlfriend cheated on me with him. Past that, I was at least friendly acquaintances on a first name basis with literally everyone. My idea that I was an outcast was mostly self-imposed. I was fine. So was almost everyone else. We just rarely thought so at the time.
I had a rough time in high school. Nobody picked on me, but that’s because I stayed away from the people who would. I never really felt comfortable around all but like, 2 people. I tried to form other relationships, but it didn’t work because other people weren’t that comfortable. I didn’t have much propinquity.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
My personal head-canon is that each Smash game is part of its own universe, sort of how Marvel Comics shares a continuity with Capcom characters (Earth-30847) and a continuity with DC Universe (Earth-9602 AKA "The Amalgam Universe"). Then there's the whole multiverse concept on its own. Bottom line is that I don't consider Shulk from Smash and Shulk from his home game the same person.

For a less broad-strokes kind of deal, I like to imagine that Simon and Shovel Knight had a food-eating contest to determine who would be playable. The conditions involved finding anything edible behind the walls in Luigi's Mansion. We all know the outcome to that, so let's just say that the two shook hands and remain on good terms. They also had the runs for several weeks, explaining the news droughts between each announcement.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My Smash headcanon is that :ultrobinf: is overwhelmed by the prospect of facing off against three heroes of legend (:ultmarth::ultike::ultroy:) in addition to :ultchrom: & :ultcorrinf:.

She's a bookworm. She's surely read of them and their exploits, and she's humble. She's not a leader of men; she's a strategist. Going into a one-on-one fight with one of these guys would be intimidating as all hell.
That's a cute ass headcanon.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Something something Persona music spam that nobody asked for:

I don't know if they'll add music from PQ, but I hope they do, it got a lot of good battle tracks.

Incineroar pretends to be a macho villain to hide his insecurities. Whenever the bad guys start talking about killing Samus or taking over Hyrule he gets super uncomfortable.
:ultincineroar:: "Hey, let's do something nefarious!"
:ultridley:: *ANGRY SCREECHING*
:ultincineroar:: "Dear lord, no! I was talking about pranks or something!"

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
However, what if I said "Camilla is the best girl"? Would that rile people up on here? I know it sure would rile alpharad up.
I'd question every post you made afterward.

Like, I still like you, but. Clearly I can't trust your taste. Nothing personal.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I can't fall asleep. Uh, what now?
You play Resident Evil. That's what I've been doing the last three weeks in that situation.

Or just, y'know. Turn off Smashboards, read a book and slow your mind down without distractions. If you're a nerrrrrrrd.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If you've got a big enough SD card it can take over the function of the Gamecube Memory Card while also housing the Gamecube game itself.

If you say that "Camilla is best girl," then I have to take a page out of Socrates' book and ask:

What determines an objectively "best" girl?
Don't try to answer the question because if you do I'm going to question you into the ground.
Obvious answer is "every girl is the best girl".

Lucina, atm: ""This is the Hero-King?"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just hopped into some arenas and uh, I don't see why people are hyping them up as "way better then Quickplay Elite Smash". Sure, I'm not getting tilted by losing in one nearly as much, but they have their own set of issues.

First of all there's that there's no "skill based match making". I keep running into players way worse then me and considering I'm not the type of player that likes to body newbies that's not very fun on my end. Then there's that there's an awful lot of "communication errors" or arenas being shut down at annoying times. There's also the fact that if you join mid match you have to wait for a while without even the option to spectate.

I probably won't jumping into a lot of random public ones in the future.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What are the head canons you have for every character?
My head cannon is that Smash is a multi dimensional tournament like Battle Nexus from TMNT or the Tournament of Power from DragonBall, but the characters minds are wiped when they’re eliminated (so they can’t prepare for next time) which is why it’s not mentioned in their source material unless the character has a multi-dimensional awareness like godhood or Deadpool-ism.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What are the head canons you have for every character?
In Smash? Or, like, in general?

Because I have such a headcanon for Hawke you don't even know. I've had a story brewing in my head since 2012.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
:ultincineroar:'s heel personality is just a facade. He secretly dislikes all the "it doesn't matter what you think" memes.

Corrin and :ultlucina: sometimes talk about their allies back at home, sometimes at the same time. They haven't put it together that Owain, Inigo, and Severa are Odin, Laslow, and Selena.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I'm gonna watch a video on youtube then probably go to bed. Goodnight Y'all!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Target B2G1F doesn't include first party Nintendo games, but does allow for pre-orders. Sigh...I guess I could try for DMC5, but I'm not sure I can pre-order it in store. Otherwise, I'm going for KH3 and RE2.

NineS

Smash Lord
Here are some of my actual headcanons:
:ultpiranha: is constantly thinking about what all the other characters in smash taste like, and wants to start a plant uprising.

:ultridley: is the one character in Smash that actually scares or disturbs all the rest to a degree and everyone attempts to avoid him. Even :ultbayonetta: finds him revolting, :ultmewtwo: avoids him at all cost due to being one of the few who knows his true thoughts thanks to being psychic, and :ultganondorf: feels Ridley's satsifaction of killing for the fun of it repulsive. Gave :ultmegaman: and :ultmario: PTSD.

:ultpalutena: finds amusement in freaking the other characters out about how much she knows about them and their background.

:ultbowser: now sees :ultkrool: as a rival, despite K. Rool not being interested at all and seeing him as an inferior being.

:ultincineroar: is tired of :ultsonic: calling him Big the Cat and Lucario 2.0.

:ultlucario: is confused and tired of :ultpit: calling him Goku.

:ultwario: finds all the proportional looking people to be disgusting and revolting, thinking them as the weird ones. It's a prejudice.

:ultsquirtle: has a fear of :ultluigi: and :ultmario: stomping him.

:ultyoshi: didn't actually commit tax fraud, and was actually framed by :ultisabelle:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom