• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
What is Error but just an error? What is Bagu but just a bug?
That's not out-there enough.
Something more along the lines of:

"What if Mario and Luigi are so strangely proportioned compared to Peach and the other princesses because of the fact their diet is composed of unnatural things like the power-ups? If they stopped eating things like the Mushrooms of the Mushroom Kingdom, would they being to shift into proportional average human beings over the course of time? Would they have a withdrawal? What if this isn't the case at all, and that Peach, Mario, and Luigi are all actually merely just sub-species of Toads and Peachette is evidence of this?"

Shroob

Sup?

Shoes.

Yes, I'm aware this is an old model, but it's official. And yes, the Cap is officially part of their head, but Nintendo never said it was bone. I consider it to be more of a large fleshy mound, or something of the likes.

Also, toad has teeth.
Oh I hate this.

Iridium

Smash Hero
That's not out-there enough.
Something more along the lines of:

"What if Mario and Luigi are so strangely proportioned compared to Peach and the other princesses because of the fact their diet is composed of unnatural things like the power-ups? If they stopped eating things like the Mushrooms of the Mushroom Kingdom, would they being to shift into proportional average human beings over the course of time? Would they have a withdrawal? What if this isn't the case at all, and that Peach, Mario, and Luigi are all actually merely just sub-species of Toads and Peachette is evidence of this?"
I needed to get a lame thought out of my head.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Bird Lady" before the mask is shot off.

But nope, we just call her "Battlesuit Jill". That's what she's officially called in Mercenaries.

Some will separate "STARS Jill" (OG and tube top versions), "BSAA Jill" (Lost in Nightmares and Revelations versions) and "Tricell Jill", which is the battlesuit version.
Battlesuit Jill just sounds weird as the name of a fighting game character. But I need some way to differentiate her from RE1/MVC2 Jill

NineS

Smash Lord
Except that a lot of titles (like the original YI) keeps him in the air indefinitely...

I like to think that he's just a powerful and efficient athlete :yoshi:
Maybe Yoshi does the opposite of what Wario does.

Wario breaks wind to stay afloat, so maybe Yoshi makes wind beneath his feet with his sheer power and athletic skills to stay afloat?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh c'mon, it was a 2004 movie. I'm pretty sure it's not THAT obscure these days
I'd think so too, but then I remember there are people on these boards who weren't even alive in 2004 and I feel older than I should.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Maybe Yoshi does the opposite of what Wario does.

Wario breaks wind to stay afloat, so maybe Yoshi makes wind beneath his feet with his sheer power and athletic skills to stay afloat?
My boi can eat 10 times more than Wario, yet it barely affects his physique. If Wario had any shame, he'd feel it hard by now :yoshi:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh c'mon, it was a 2004 movie. I'm pretty sure it's not THAT obscure these days
JFC it IS from 2004.

I watched it with my high school buddies in my parent's basement on their big screen tube TV that was "HD" for the first time (in that it had a 16:9 ratio even though everything you plugged into it was still 4:3). I remember thinking, "Oh no, what if that's ME when I'm 40???" through the whole movie in part because my crush chose to cuddle with another guy and my least favorite friend was sitting next to me being annoying the whole movie. Also in part because I own action figures.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Battlesuit Jill just sounds weird as the name of a fighting game character. But I need some way to differentiate her from RE1/MVC2 Jill
"STARS" Jill and "Tricell" Jill is your only other bet then. But you're overthinking it.

Capcom themselves called her Battle Suit Jill in their own game to differentiate her from regular Jill. The RE community regularly refers to her as Battlesuit or BS Jill.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't get to leave the house much, but whenever I go out and interact with people my age they tell me i'm as radical as you guys think I am.

I always kinda thought I was a loser, but everyone i've met thinks otherwise.

Have I already avoided Wizardhood?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't get to leave the house much, but whenever I go out and interact with people my age they tell me i'm as radical as you guys think I am.

Just because you get along with a person doesn't mean they have the same expectations from your relationship with you.

So, no, but it's a good start.

NineS

Smash Lord

Of course.
You just need to have faith in yourself as well to completely avoid it.

The chances of avoiding it for you, however, are very high.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just because you get along with a person doesn't mean they have the same expectations from your relationship with you.

So, no, but it's a good start.
Of course.
You just need to have faith in yourself as well to completely avoid it.

The chances of avoiding it for you, however, are very high.
Wait, I thought a wizard was an old guy with no friends? Didn't know it went that far.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Btw, does anyone still has that "feel good" images? I just did a twenty-minute-long Skype meeting with my parents and I can really use some.

Wait, I thought a wizard was an old guy with no friends? Didn't know it went that far.
Wizards have a lot of friends, it's just that all of them are cats.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Btw, does anyone still has that "feel good" images? I just did a twenty-minute-long Skype meeting with my parents and I can really use some.

Wizards have a lot of friends, it's just that all of them are cats.
Hold on a sec...

And if you're getting tired of me using my boi (which is an alien concept to me), here's Isabelle from the same artist...

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

In my experience, the Hollywood stereotype of high school and college, where there are "popular" crowds and "unpopular" crowds that are fiercely at war with one another, is mostly bull****. There are your outliers like the extreme nerds with personality problems that keep them from being socially acceptable or the stuck-up ***holes who fit the jock/prep mold, but all in all, teens just want to be included and find friendships everywhere. I think in retrospect people are more afraid of what they think people think of them than what they actually truly think of them.

I always considered myself a "nerd" and an outlier because of that, but really, I knew every single person at my school and only really had beef with one of them, specifically because my girlfriend cheated on me with him. Past that, I was at least friendly acquaintances on a first name basis with literally everyone. My idea that I was an outcast was mostly self-imposed. I was fine. So was almost everyone else. We just rarely thought so at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom