• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
  1. Whether or not you agree, Fire Emblem has always had waifus, or female characters with (sometimes prominent) romantic subplots in their respective games. To continue the series as it is, more waifus will need to be created (i.e. Edelgard).
Is there a difference between waifus & romantic subplots? Husbandos/Waifus I always thought were just lingo for one's favorite male/female anime character.

I agree they both have technically existed in every game but I'm not sure if I would call them one and same. I generally stay on the outskirts of the anime community so please correct me if I have the terms wrong.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Target B2G1F doesn't include first party Nintendo games, but does allow for pre-orders. Sigh...I guess I could try for DMC5, but I'm not sure I can pre-order it in store. Otherwise, I'm going for KH3 and RE2.
Oooooooooooo, Target's got a B2G1F? How convenient, considering I have $121.34 on my Target gift card right now.

Question is: What should I get? I've been eying Ace Combat 7 after so many good reviews and recommendations. But what else?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm not even ****ing joking right now, people are really sleeping on Ms. Tracer Overwatch

I mean she's kinda like Joker in that nobody's really asking for her but if she gets in y'all know how much of a storm would be created, it would be hype as hell
ngl i'd be super down for tracer, i don't play Overwatch nearly as much as I used to but it's still a super fun game and represents maybe the last part of blizzard that still genuinely gives a **** about just making a good product

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Oooooooooooo, Target's got a B2G1F? How convenient, considering I have $121.34 on my Target gift card right now.

Question is: What should I get? I've been eying Ace Combat 7 after so many good reviews and recommendations. But what else?
I dunno what they have, but 3DS and first party Nintendo games are no-go's.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So do y'all think we're gonna get a Joker gameplay trailer/segment in the (hopefully happening) Valentine's Direct?
if we don't i'll pull a minato and pretend to shoot myself in the head

Good on you for accepting and understanding different POV's amd understanding that if something doesn't go your way then it's all ok and not that big of a deal

You are now better then like 60% of the fandom
screams in mrgrgr

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
What if they pull what they did with Piranha Plant for Joker, and just suddenly drop Joker as downloadable without an announcement for people who bought the fighters pass? They don't even announce "Joker is now playable! Download him now!"

He's just there, no one saw him coming, and no one heard him come in.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Is there a difference between waifus & romantic subplots? Husbandos/Waifus I always thought were just lingo for one's favorite male/female anime character.

I agree they both have technically existed in every game but I'm not sure if I would call them one and same. I generally stay on the outskirts of the anime community so please correct me if I have the terms wrong.
There is.
Waifus/Husbandos is just a current generation thing for what you call the female or male character that you..um..lets just say that you love...though some of these fans take it way to far and act very seriously about them and write cringey fan fiction of them and act like these fictional characters are real...to varying levels of cringe..

The waifu problem has less to do with Fire Emblem being 'different' (its really not, aside from an art style shift and the games becoming a bit more accessible, which has happened before in the series, but its a new thing to Western fans so they act like its this big betrayal) and more to do with it just existing at the same time as this whole 'waifu culture' thing that's going down in the Japanese Media Community (and spreading to others as well).
Looks like I really got an argument going.
Time to start another!

ahem.
Fire Emblem needs more waifus and Awakening may just be the best Fire Emblem game there is. Also, Sonic 06 was the best Sonic game and the Wii U was fantastic.
1) Fire Emblem has always had 'waifus', that term just wasn't in the cultural lexicon at the time, see above statement. I mean, many could argue that Lyn, Florina, Eirika, La'Rachel, Mia, and Nephenee were all 'waifu' material for their games but the term as it is used now just didn't exist at the time.
2) Awakening is my favorite game in the series. If nothing else it made the series more accessable to people and thus more people got into the series. Casual Mode was the greatest thing to happen to the series in years if only because people could actually beat the games without losing a unit (and for some, like me, that meant restarting the same map over and over again until you got bored of it and quit playing..some never picking it up again)
3) If nothing else, Sonic 06 had an AMAZING soundtrack and character renders for the non-human cast.
4) The Wii U was fantastic, just like most other Nintendo consoles, it just didn't have enough success to warrant enough 3rd Party titles. There's a reason so many Wii U games are being ported to its spiritual successor.

NineS

Smash Lord
1) Fire Emblem has always had 'waifus', that term just wasn't in the cultural lexicon at the time, see above statement. I mean, many could argue that Lyn, Florina, Eirika, La'Rachel, Mia, and Nephenee were all 'waifu' material for their games but the term as it is used now just didn't exist at the time.
2) Awakening is my favorite game in the series. If nothing else it made the series more accessable to people and thus more people got into the series. Casual Mode was the greatest thing to happen to the series in years if only because people could actually beat the games without losing a unit (and for some, like me, that meant restarting the same map over and over again until you got bored of it and quit playing..some never picking it up again)
3) If nothing else, Sonic 06 had an AMAZING soundtrack and character renders for the non-human cast.
4) The Wii U was fantastic, just like most other Nintendo consoles, it just didn't have enough success to warrant enough 3rd Party titles. There's a reason so many Wii U games are being ported to its spiritual successor.
Must I bring these two up again?

Well, I never said that I disagreed with what I said
Just that they're clearly unpopular opinions that would rile some people up.

Minus the first two. Those are apparently more popular than I initially thought on here.

However, what if I said "Camilla is the best girl"? Would that rile people up on here? I know it sure would rile alpharad up.
To number two:
Well, I actually do agree and legitimately think that bit. But I said it with a hint of irony because I know on here that's an unpopular opinion for some reason.

Another example of unpopular Fire Emblem opinions on here are: "I like Corrin as a character." "Fire Emblem Fates was good tbh", and "Fire Emblem isn't being over-represented, it's being misrepresented."

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I want to find whoever decided you can't buffer a full hop aerial in the this game and spike them with an Ivysaur Dair.

Nah seriously though I've been in Training Mode practicing my Pokemon combos and Ivysaur's Dthrow > Uair > Uair combo is really tight to pull of. Yeah that's a true combo with a platform assist and it's just as insane as it sounds. It does around 45% damage. Maybe it's for the better it isn't easy to pull off.

I also realized that I've been making Squirtles ladder combo more difficult then it needs to be. I've been trying to use the C-stick for all the Uairs but the game's buffering system kept turning that first Uair into a Fair...and then I realized that I don't need full forward momentum for the first Uair and can just use the A button, then use the C-stick for the second two Uairs.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What if they pull what they did with Piranha Plant for Joker, and just suddenly drop Joker as downloadable without an announcement for people who bought the fighters pass? They don't even announce "Joker is now playable! Download him now!"

He's just there, no one saw him coming, and no one heard him come in.
please stop putting impossible dreams into my head

that said, i do think we'll probably get something more wild than just joker - i'd bet erdrick is announced after him as the classic "we have one more thing wink" at the end of a smash section, given that he was in with joker like lucas/roy/ryu, though i don't know if he'd be released at the same time (insiders had been hearing about him from before launch, so it's not impossible he's in a relatively similar position).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well it's either that, or the Inkling's friend or family.
Meanwhile, Palutena looks as if she wasn't going to give him anything at all.

Anything physical at the very least.
You're right, she's going to give him powers like she does to Pit, haha, nothing against global rules here.

*thread still gets locked as a precaution*

Dammit.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Rhyhorn confirmed for DLC. It has Horn Attack, Horn Drill and Megahorn as special moves. You know...'cause it's horny. Like this thread sometimes.

...Its fourth special move should be Zap Canon. Did you guys know that Rhyhorn can learn Zap Canon? I didn't either until just now. Pokemon is weird sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom