• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Reaction: Nintendo announces a new Fighter Ballot.

But instead of voting online, you can go to your local game store where the employees will give you an envelope with the Smash seal on it and cast your vote on a character.

You can still vote online but physical vote in stores will be more effective and vocal.

Would you do it?
This is a terrible ****ing idea because not only is it a big "**** you" to fans who don't live near any Nintendo-official game stores(or don't live in a country with one), it's also asking for rigging to be done.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Fun Fact
DID YOU KNOW
that Decidueye was ALMOST chosen as a new Pokemon rep but was replaced with Incineroar confirmed by Sakurai?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
You know what, he was considered at the very least, even though I think he would’ve be cool I’m honestly not mad about Sakurai’s decision and I’m happy with how Incineroar turned out.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Leif was almost picked
Bartz/Terra was almost picked
Decidueye was almost picked

SAD PHOS.gif

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Oof, those poor Decidueye fans, my condolences to them.

I wonder if this means Rex and Spring-Man will locks for next Smash.

This is a terrible ****ing idea because not only is it a big "**** you" to fans who don't live near any Nintendo-official game stores(or don't live in a country with one), it's also asking for rigging to be done.
So...is that a no? :4pacman:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

But instead of voting online, you can go to your local game store where the employees will give you an envelope with the Smash seal on it and cast your vote on a character.

You can still vote online but physical vote in stores will be more effective and vocal.

Would you do it?
Heck yes. Need to get that support out.

Honestly, I think they could easily get a controllable online vote if they wanted to do a round two. Just use the same idea as the PP - you have to have registered your copy of Smash to submit a vote. That way you won't get millions of bot votes. Maybe allow us to vote three characters in that case.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey, if you want to read quality fanfiction, look up Taranea on Fanfiction.net. Her stories are hilarious.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Would you do it?
Breaking news!

Gamestop has just been robbed, not for money, but for envelopes!

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Would you do it?
I don't approve of this.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Fun Fact
DID YOU KNOW
that Decidueye was ALMOST chosen as a new Pokemon rep but was replaced with Incineroar confirmed by Sakurai?

I don't know who this hurts more, the Decidueye fans who now know we almost got in, or the Lycanroc fans who, for some reason are still optimistic, now knowing they never stood a chance

I would go on a long-winded rant right about now, but I know there's no point, it won't change anything. It would just annoy the Incineroar fans. I should just be happy they got a character they wanted.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Would you do it?
No, 'cause then I'd actually have to go to GameStop :troll:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Rip Decidueye.

I’m not even trying to be smug, I think he would’ve been kinda cool and knowing he was considered must sting for some of his fans.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
If they did make this store based voting thing, I'd be that guy going to every possible store and voting for the same character. Then I'd disguise myself and do the same thing again. Then I'd pay someone to do the same thing again. And so it goes...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Don't be so salty, you're anti-Incineroar is showing.
I actually play incineroar once in a while. It's not a terrible character, and it's the only heavy I like. I would much rather have Decidueye instead though.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I think the worst scenario of having a physical Ballot in stores is that we might have another Rick & Morty sauce incident lol.

A bunch of nerds flooding the stores and causing street fights for votes.

NineS

Smash Lord
I almost set the kitchen on fire making a hamburger. Just another normal day I'm my life. :4wario2:
I almost set the house on fire opening the oven. And my face while I was at it.

Unbeknownst to me on that very unlucky day, there was a bit of a gas leak. I turned on the oven to cook myself something, but something smelled off. I opened to check if there was anything inside burning, but right as I do that, the oven suddenly becomes a flamethrower and uses Ridley's F-smash on me. If I leaned in any closer that day, I would've had severe burns on my face.

I also almost burned down the kitchen making the sandwich.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think the worst scenario of having a physical Ballot in stores is that we might have another Rick & Morty sauce incident lol.

A bunch of nerds flooding the stores and causing street fights for votes.
i mean, nintendo wouldnt only send like 100 letters for millions of people

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>Smash fanfiction weird quotes video
>knows that there's gonna be some really gross stuff since I sometimes browse there and i write one (actually sane) fic myself

I am not cliCKING THAT---

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ya know, now that I think about it...considering Sakurai said wanted to create a wrestling character, I’m surprised he didn’t consider the guy that’s literally called the “Wrestling Pokémon”
How do we know he didn't? As the recent news just proved, he's considered multiple Pokemon.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Fun Fact
DID YOU KNOW

Interesting and a good confirm, but I think he made the right decision.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the only issue i see with the envelope idea is that random strangers being offered will just do it even if they have no idea what its for

like some middle-aged soccer mom is gonna sit there being told she can vote for whoever and she just says

uuuuuhhhhhh i'll vote in oprah

Roberk

Smash Champion
Fun Fact
DID YOU KNOW

Damn, Decidueye was one of the only Gen 7 Pokemon I liked and I was hyped for him earlier in the year.
Leif was almost picked
Bartz/Terra was almost picked
Decidueye was almost picked

View attachment 187634
Eh, Leif almost being picked was a rumor. Still, he would've been a much better pick imo.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
Fun Fact
DID YOU KNOW

Ha ha ha, I am totally not feeling like I was cheated of something. This wasn’t the 20th anniversary gift I expected.
(I still think Incineroar was a better choice for a smash newcomer but damn it decidueye is my favourite pokemon).

Noipoi

Howdy!
the only issue i see with the envelope idea is that random strangers being offered will just do it even if they have no idea what its for

like some middle-aged soccer mom is gonna sit there being told she can vote for whoever and she just says

uuuuuhhhhhh i'll vote in oprah
No ma’am, it has to be a video game character.

Oh, uh.....Mario!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
you should've waited a few hours so you didn't have to live through irony
It still would've been ironic. I was sticking up for Lycanroc and Mimikyu, because they had something actually backing them up (a lead role in the anime and a ridiculous marketing push). Knowing that the alternative choice also didn't have much backing him up makes that whole argument stupider.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Characters added for the sake of being villains confirmed. /s

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a better idea. In order to get the character you want, you have to fly out to an island and compete in a Martial Arts tournament. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place get who they want. 4th - 8th get their choices as Mii Costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom