• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It still would've been ironic. I was sticking up for Lycanroc and Mimikyu, because they had something actually backing them up (a lead role in the anime and a ridiculous marketing push). Knowing that the alternative choice also didn't have much backing him up makes that whole argument stupider.
I wouldn't call it stupid entirely. The only thing you said that was actually stupid was saying that your beliefs were

the truth

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's a better idea. In order to get the character you want, you have to fly out to an island and compete in a Martial Arts tournament. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place get who they want. 4th - 8th get their choices as Mii Costumes.
You have to fight in front of a Sakurai dressed as Shao Kahn.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Characters added for the sake of being villains confirmed. /s
Oh man, that Piranha Plant **** is hilarious.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m sure employees will discount any stupid votes the general public will make and even if they do submit them, Nintendo might ignore them anyway.

Here's a better idea. In order to get the character you want, you have to fly out to an island and compete in a Martial Arts tournament. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place get who they want. 4th - 8th get their choices as Mii Costumes.
Welp, time to take those Tai-Kwan Do lessons.

*Ends up in a body cast after getting my butt whooped*

Hehe, Banjo’s getting in for sure...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Piranha Plant is the villain we needed.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Should've gone with Thanos. /s
Here's a better idea. You have to take a flying bus, go to a deserted island, and fight in a 100 man match for your survival. The last one standing gets to pick the newcomer.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
While the recent news is disappointing, I'm going to look at it positively. Maybe, sometime in the future, we get a true archer character, and Sakurai remembers he planned on adding Decidueye, an archer, way back in ultimate. He decides to make him an echo fighter of this new archer, and now both Decidueye and Incineroar ended up making it in.

It's unlikely, but it's better than going around and complaining.

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
Fun Fact
DID YOU KNOW
that Decidueye was ALMOST chosen as a new Pokemon rep but was replaced with Incineroar confirmed by Sakurai?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
literally rushed my ass over here when i saw this. i ****ing knew that decidueye was cool enough to catch sakurai's eyes. but goddamn does it make it hurt more that incineroar was the one that got in.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I hate that “hero” statement, it’s good to add goofy characters for creativity but he’s one to talk about too many hero/heroines when there’s 7 FE protagonists in the roster.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sakurai needed a villain. Out of all of the "recognizable" villains left on the to-be list, you have **** like Sephiroth, Waluigi, a pokegang leader, Dr. Eggman...

This man looked at the list of villains and said GIVE ME THE PLANT

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As someone who loves FFVI, I wish she had a shot.
Dont give up on her!
Well, Terra fans haven't been too active lately though.
Ya know, now that I think about it...considering Sakurai said wanted to create a wrestling character, I’m surprised he didn’t consider the guy that’s literally called the “Wrestling Pokémon”
Best of both worlds, it's like Deci and Inci put together ;)

Nah, but I would've liked Deci for the projectiles too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fun Fact
DID YOU KNOW
that Decidueye was ALMOST chosen as a new Pokemon rep but was replaced with Incineroar confirmed by Sakurai?

On one hand, that really stings. Like...ouch.

On the other hand, at least he was even considered. Going by this it was always going to be between Decidueye and Incineroar, which were the two I thought had the most valid of odds (I never did get behind the Mimikyu or Lycanroc trains...they just really didn't seem like the kinds of Pokémon that'd be picked, to me).

On the third hand, D E C I D U E Y E . F O R . D L C .

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He decides to make him an echo fighter of this new archer
Unlikely? That's giving it a fair 30/70 chance. That's damn near impossible.

I mean, let's look at the list of main move Archers we could even use:
- Fire Emblem unit
- Linkle
- ???
- Twilight Princess Zelda

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I’m all for adding more villains in the roster, considering I play them more often than heroes.

And I’m really looking forward to playing Plant.

But I really hope that isn’t the main reason why they added Piranha Plant over other Nintendo/3rd Party villains.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dont give up on her!
Well, Terra fans haven't been too active lately though.

Best of both worlds, it's like Deci and Inci put together ;)

Nah, but I would've liked Deci for the projectiles too.
There's no point in pushing for Terra.
Cloud's way more popular and Square wants to push other IPs.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
If anything, this confirmation raises Decidueye's chances of being picked in the future. Now we know that Sakurai considered him and probably had some ideas ready for him, so if we ever get a second pass or a 1st party focused DLC, we'll know that he'll probably be under consideration.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You have to fight in front of a Sakurai dressed as Shao Kahn.
I think he'd make a better Shang Tsung. But he'd probably do a pretty good Shao Kahn voice.

I’m sure employees will discount any stupid votes the general public will make and even if they do submit them, Nintendo might ignore them anyway.

Welp, time to take those Tai-Kwan Do lessons.

*Ends up in a body cast after getting my butt whooped*

Hehe, Banjo’s getting in for sure...
Just do a sick Hunting Hawk in the tournament and you'll do well.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Fun Fact
DID YOU KNOW

Pakky Pakky WHERE U AT!?

Your arguements against Decidueye got bamboozled son if Incineroar barely made it.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I hate that “hero” statement, it’s good to add goofy characters for creativity but he’s one to talk about too many hero/heroines when there’s 7 FE protagonists in the roster.
Yeah, there are way too many FE protags, let's add some villains like Camus, Medeus, Arvis, Nergal, Black Knight, etc. to even it out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, there are way too many FE protags, let's add some villains like Camus, Medeus, Arvis, Nergal, Black Knight, etc. to even it out.
wow ok not even a single word for my ****ing marth-saga main villain gharnef

D

Deleted member

>picks blonde Lucina
"couldn't be matched against an Elite Smash opponent"
I'm not even in ES with her but whatever
>Default costume
>3-minute, 3 stocks
Man, **** this game
Now random employees can just discredit characters they don't like? This ballot is comppetepy hypothetical but you already ****ed it up big time

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Unlikely? That's giving it a fair 30/70 chance. That's damn near impossible.

I mean, let's look at the list of main move Archers we could even use:
- Fire Emblem unit
- Linkle
- ???
- Twilight Princess Zelda
I'm just trying to be optimistic? Besides, this is a future hypothetical, we could have a new franchise with an archer protagonist. Or Revali could come back for some reason.

I'm trying not to be a salty jerk.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Decidueye being Sakurai's second choice makes me wonder what would've happened if he did go with it. I do think Incineroar was ultimately the better choice due to filling the wrestling archetype and having an explosive personality to boot, but I won't deny that Decidueye was my preferred choice between the two so it would've been nice to see what could've been if he did ultimately decide to go with the owl archer.

As for the rest of the interview, we got confirmation that Zelda took cues from both ALttP and ALBW and finally got confirmation that Ridley was also a ballot choice alongside K. Rool and the Belmonts. Both were suspected to be the case, but it's nice to get that final say to make it certain.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
>picks blonde Lucina
"couldn't be matched against an Elite Smash opponent"
I'm not even in ES with her but whatever
>Default costume
>3-minute, 3 stocks
Man, **** this game

Now random employees can just discredit characters they don't like? This ballot is comppetepy hypothetical but you already ****ed it up big time
Aw man, you’re right.

Guess Oprah does need her chance on the Battlefield.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's plenty of people who think there's too many FE characters already, hero or not. Though Personally, I like the Black Knight, I just hope he'd keep his sick helmet. And even then, Lyn's crazy popular, so if any AT got promoted, she seems like the obvious choice.

wow ok not even a single word for my ****ing marth-saga main villain gharnef
Most people don't want to play an uggo.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Sakurai needed a villain. Out of all of the "recognizable" villains left on the to-be list, you have **** like Sephiroth, Waluigi, a pokegang leader, Dr. Eggman...

This man looked at the list of villains and said GIVE ME THE PLANT
Where does he say he specifically needed a villain? He just wanted someone who isn't a hero. I wouldn't really consider a generic npc like piranha plant a villain, but he most certainly isn't a hero.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If anything, this confirmation raises Decidueye's chances of being picked in the future. Now we know that Sakurai considered him and probably had some ideas ready for him, so if we ever get a second pass or a 1st party focused DLC, we'll know that he'll probably be under consideration.
As much as I’d want that to happen...

If we’re getting another Pokémon as DLC, it’s almost guaranteed to be from Gen 8, considering it’s just on the horizon.

I don’t see any reason to go back and release a Gen 7 Pokemon as DLC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom