• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Where does he say he specifically needed a villain? He just wanted someone who isn't a hero. I wouldn't really consider a generic npc like piranha plant a villain, but he most certainly isn't a hero.
I think you're just a tad pedantic. The Plant is an enemy in the Mario games. Not just some bystander but someone who directly gets in the player's way. I think it should be fine to call 'em a villain.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What?

This has been clear, known, and even said from the very beginning. How was it a kept secret until now?
No, it was very much ambiguous due to the English version of the E3 Direct saying it was based on ALBW while Palutena's Guidance said it was based on ALTTP. This is the first and only time it's been confirmed as both.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At this point, I half expect the question mark block to make it in before Waluigi does.

D

Deleted member

I am restraining myself from posting all my Incineroar memes out of respect.
Don’t hold back.

While I would love Decidueye - he was my starter in Sun and Ultra Sun - I prefer Incineroar as a fighter.
Regarding the Pokèmon I want in? Hitmonlee.
He’s my most wanted newcomer, but I don’t really mind if he doesn’t get in. I’m perfectly satisfied with who we have already.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As much as I’d want that to happen...

If we’re getting another Pokémon as DLC, it’s almost guaranteed to be from Gen 8, considering it’s just on the horizon.

I don’t see any reason to go back and release a Gen 7 Pokemon as DLC.
Personally I’d love a future Pokémon rep to be Cynthia, but if it’s a Gen 8 rep, hopefully it’ll bring something unique and fun to the table.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Reaction: Nintendo announces a new Fighter Ballot.

But instead of voting online, you can go to your local game store where the employees will give you an envelope with the Smash seal on it and cast your vote on a character.

You can still vote online but physical vote in stores will be more effective and vocal.

Would you do it?
Watch all but a few letters get "mysteriously" "lost in shipping en route."

I hate that “hero” statement, it’s good to add goofy characters for creativity but he’s one to talk about too many hero/heroines when there’s 7 FE protagonists in the roster.
.....Why do you think he added Pirahna Plant?

Sakurai needed a villain. Out of all of the "recognizable" villains left on the to-be list, you have **** like Sephiroth, Waluigi, a pokegang leader, Dr. Eggman...

This man looked at the list of villains and said GIVE ME THE PLANT
Of the ones you listed, Sephiroth and Eggman belong to third parties, Waluigi's Waluigi, and Giovanni's not exactly the type to fight his own battles.

At this point, I half expect the question mark block to make it in before Waluigi does.
Visit the ? Block support thread and help make your dream a reality

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean if I had to pick a Fire Emblem character that fought on wyvernback, there's only one answer.

Best Dracoknight.

D

Deleted member

So I’m the only one who just wants to let Sakurai do whatever he pleases then? xD

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wonder what would've happened if they did pick Decidueye. I'm assuming Incineroar would've made it to Pokken. Would everything have swapped? Would Incineroar be the headliner for Gen 7 Pokemon before E3? Would Decidueye be unpopular before Vergeben leaked him? Where would they reveal Ken, because he doesn't near as well in a hypothetical Decidueye trailer?

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
>implying it has to be giovanni

genwunner detected
For the record, Gen 1's the worst generation.

Anyways, the point was whatever Pokémon Boss you chose would have to have a team of Pokémon (since none of them really fight their own battles), which takes a hell of a lot of dev time. Not only that, but the choice would have to be approved by Game Freak, and you know how much they love to push Gen 1...

Well, you could maybe have Nihilego-Lusamine, but then you'd need to fabricate a moveset from scratch, which again, takes a lot of dev time.
personally I would add Miror B but that's not happening anytime soon.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I love how you don't realize the flaw in your own system
I love how you don’t realize my joke.

We were discussing about how parents would be offered envelopes, and one of us joked how a mom would vote for anyone regardless what of it’s actually for so she’d vote for Oprah Winfrey like it’s an actual election.

So what you’re saying that they should accept literally any vote even if it’s an anime, cartoon, movie, or real life person? What?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wanna know an Idea I want, but it's a big shame no one has done it yet?
A game...but it's kinda like a musical. Every track has lyrics.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
People say Piranha Plant is a "WTF" pick or that it's not "iconic" and whatnot. But honestly... I'd argue the Piranha Plant is more well-known and recognizable than a majority of the cast.

Noipoi

Howdy!
People say Piranha Plant is a "WTF" pick or that it's not "iconic" and whatnot. But honestly... I'd argue the Piranha Plant is more well-known and recognizable than a majority of the cast.
You can be recognizable and a WTF character.

Everyone knows what a Pokeball is, no one expects it to be a playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom