• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So we can all say that :ultbayonetta1::ultbayonetta: winning anything was a fabrication right?

I love her but people in the :ultkrool:&:ultridley: camps back in the day knew this from the beginning.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultkrool: Won the ballot no doubt in my mind.
Your mind doesn't seem that correct in my mind. For all intents and purposes, :ultbayonetta1: is the canon winner. But we know that's false because of code shenanigans, but that doesn't mean she wasn't requested at all.

We'll never know now though since Bayo is the only answer Nintendo will give. Not unless you interrogate Sakurai with the code proof stuff.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
- Somebody is wrong.
- Somebody admits that they're wrong, respectfully.
- The person they were debating with seems to think that's not good enough. Like, what do you want them to do, grovel?
Right...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So we can all say that :ultbayonetta1::ultbayonetta: winning anything was a fabrication right?
Not at all, she's just not the total defined winner. For all we know, she was a winner at the point where the code was put in, but we don't know if she actually won after that or if she never did beyond that point.

Bayonetta doesn't deserve this type of hate treatment and denied of her spoils.

- Somebody is wrong.
- Somebody admits that they're wrong, respectfully.
- The person they were debating with seems to think that's not good enough.
Right...
What can I say? I'm the type of guy who teabags. Also I'm right here, you could've just tagged me. :p Not unless you're afraid of confrontation.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I already commented on it and I was polite.

Now, to be frank, does this change anything? Not really.
I didn’t see your comment on this. However, it was little funny when I read it for the first time after our little debate just happened a little while ago.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

I love her but people in the :ultkrool:&:ultridley: camps back in the day knew this from the beginning.
Nah dude, Bayonetta's one of the most recognizable gaming giants after all. Up there with the likes of Mario, Sonic, Pikachu, etc. /s

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Interesting that Ridley came directly from the Ballot like K. Rool. Extremely surprising that the Belmonts came from it. Goes to show that there were definitely people outside of the hardcore Smash speculation bubble who voted.

I really want to see what the actual numbers for the ballot were now.
Honestly, my personal theory is the reason they didn't release the ballot results because something stupid like "Shrek Won" actually happened and they don't want to admit that because of how stupid it is.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... this is nothing too big, but I thought it would be nice to inform you all that Sakurai posted a tweet, regarding Smash's 20th Anniversay

It roughly translates to this

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Not at all, she's just not the total defined winner. For all we know, she was a winner at the point where the code was put in, but we don't know if she actually won after that or if she never did beyond that point.

Bayonetta doesn't deserve this type of hate treatment and denied of her spoils.

What can I say? I'm the type of guy who teabags. Also I'm right here, you could've just tagged me. :p Not unless you're afraid of confrontation.
Wait, what?

Also no hate here fam, I have her amiibo, 3 copies of :ultbayonetta1: and two copies of:ultbayonetta: and the movie. I love this girl.

Bust saying she was the number one pick in Europe and it just so happens that both games take place in a European setting? Yeah.....hmmmm, makes you think someone is being funny.

D

Deleted member

Slime confirmed.
Y'know, personally I'd rather have Slime than any Dragon Quest character, really. That being said, no Fortune Street inclusion in any way? Might as well cancel Slime. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

I'm surprised that the recent Sakurai interview didn't open any can of worms, though. Unless I missed it all while I was at work.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Yeah, given there's code for :ultbayonetta: in Smash for dating back to July 2015, it's likely she began development before any sort of serious tally was done for the ballot.

I'm nearly positive that :ultkrool: won the ballot. His support was massive during the ballot period. :ultridley: is likely a product of massive support from pre-Smash for, the ballot was probably used to gauge how interested people were in the idea of Ridley after he received one of the most direct deconfirmations in Smash history.

Noipoi

Howdy!
God, you people are morons.

Bayo didn't win the ballot, but Riddles and King K didn't either.

The winner was Amingo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I definitely think that Nintendo looked at their ballot results and picked a character who was high-placing and would also help advance relations with other studios and ****. Helps that Bayonetta basically became a Nintendo exclusive at that point. I'll bet that they looked at the other high placing characters and said "yeah just put 'em in the next game"

D

Deleted member

I was just walking around Seafoam Islands in Pokemon LG and suddenly, Articuno.

okay

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
how can you say k rool won the ballot when we all know who won from the very start

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Less afraid of confrontation, more not wanting to waste time trying to talk to somebody arguing in bad faith.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

The winner was Amingo.
I don't know if this was documented and I'm too lazy to check if it was, someone did a 4Chan leak for Amingo a few days ago.

The best part is it's honestly one of the better looking photoshops I've seen. His model looked really, really nice.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Y'know, personally I'd rather have Slime than any Dragon Quest character, really. That being said, no Fortune Street inclusion in any way? Might as well cancel Slime. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

I'm surprised that the recent Sakurai interview didn't open any can of worms, though. Unless I missed it all while I was at work.
Most people sleep on Slime because they see it's inclusion being like Piranha Plant. A random enemy as a character. When in reality, Slime has been an actual character, with personality and all, and also has a lot of sources to pull a moveset from, namely the Dragon Quest Monsters's Slime Family moves and the Slime games trilogy.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I didn’t see your comment on this. However, it was little funny when I read it for the first time after our little debate just happened a little while ago.
I'm glad there's some proof that he was at least considered so there's something to stand on.

But it does make you think, based on Sakurai's statements I'm getting this vibe.

Wrestler > Archer. Conceptually speaking.

Either that or GameFreak arm twisting him to make a decision for :ultincineroar:.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Less afraid of confrontation, more not wanting to waste time trying to talk to somebody arguing in bad faith.
Then that's damn good time you're wasting right now, isn't it? :239: Can't hurt to tap that reply button.

The winner was Amingo.
You can't likebait me that easily. ok you can

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
As a Dragon Quest fan myself, the thing that turns me off from Slime is the way he portrays the series as a whole. You don't really gather much of what Dragon Quest's gameplay is like from Slime, especially in comparison to characters like Mega Man and Simon. You can get a better idea of what Dragon Quest is about from Erdrick, rather than Slime.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But it does make you think, based on Sakurai's statements I'm getting this vibe.

Wrestler > Archer.
Archer hits you with arrow, you take out the arrow.
Wrestly hits you with suplex, you take out your will.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I don't know if this was documented and I'm too lazy to check if it was, someone did a 4Chan leak for Amingo a few days ago.

The best part is it's honestly one of the better looking photoshops I've seen. His model looked really, really nice.
The most interesting part was that the render was original, like, I searched for it in all english and japanese image sites I know and I haven't found that render. It's either a custom or Amingo really is coming for Smash. Nah, kidding. It's a custom.

D

Deleted member

The winner was Amingo.
Daily reminder of why Capcom ain't Capgod status.

FREE AMINGO, CAPCOM.
GET HIM OVER THE ****ING BORDER. WE NEED OUR BOY BACK.

Mvc2-amingo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

SMH I'm so salty my pick didn't get in...

Callie with a heckin' gun.

The real ballot winner were the friends we made along the way.

And Spongebob.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's at least 4 characters who got in during the ballot. There is no "straight winner'.

It was a suggestion box by design anyway, not a "only 1 can win". Bayonetta obviously did very high anyway, but it wasn't why she got in.

Pretty really need to stop looking at as a contest with only one possible winner. It has multiple winners, with many runner-ups possibly being Mii costumes. Still weird Ridley didn't get a Mii costume. Was the Dragon Armor outfit considered enough??

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's at least 4 characters who got in during the ballot. There is no "straight winner'.

It was a suggestion box by design anyway, not a "only 1 can win". Bayonetta obviously did very high anyway, but it wasn't why she got in.

Pretty really need to stop looking at as a contest with only one possible winner. It has multiple winners, with many runner-ups possibly being Mii costumes. Still weird Ridley didn't get a Mii costume. Was the Dragon Armor outfit considered enough??
It was too big, they couldn't fit the Miis.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I figured Decidueye as well as several others were all at least considered from the start, so I'm not surprised by that news at all.

When Incineroar rumors started looking legit I wasn't bothered. I trusted Sakurai and the devs knew what they were doing and would find a way to make him fun and unique, and I was absolutely right to think so. Yeah its sad that my starter of choice didn't make it in but I was ready for that reality from the start.
Does anyone remember the Hax-ax-ax-ax-orus?
I'm the one who made that. It's always nice to see your ****posts be remembered.

Noipoi

Howdy!
SMH I'm so salty my pick didn't get in...

Callie with a heckin' gun.

The real ballot winner were the friends we made along the way.

And Spongebob.
Callie and Marie are DLC. They function like the Inklings fused with the Ice Climbers.

Double rollers.

Pearl and Marina alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom