• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Yes, yes, I agree.

So, your allowed to add any spirit from any game you really like into Smash, what type are they, and what is their power? Are they enhanceable? If so, into what?
Sakura Matou from Fate Stay Night. She's an Ace Attack Primary with two support slots. Her power is Trade-Off Attack.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._sakura.png/revision/latest?cb=20141017160439
She also has a Legendary Neutral Spirit, her Dark form from the Heaven's Feel route. Three support slots and her power is Critical Health Stats.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._select.png/revision/latest?cb=20141018121232

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Callie and Marie are DLC. They function like the Inklings fused with the Ice Climbers.

Double rollers.

Pearl and Marina alts.
Yes.

I would pay money for this. Large sums of money.

Your move, Nintendo.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't know if this was documented and I'm too lazy to check if it was, someone did a 4Chan leak for Amingo a few days ago.

The best part is it's honestly one of the better looking photoshops I've seen. His model looked really, really nice.
Yeah... Let's just say that leak possibly caused a surge in Amingo supporters on this thread (Both ironic, and unironic), including yours truly

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Still weird Ridley didn't get a Mii costume. Was the Dragon Armor outfit considered enough??
I imagine there were two reasons:
1. Ridley's proportions didn't fit well for a Mii costume (You'd have to shrink the wings and tail, plus there's no way to make a Mii skinny enough to serve as Ridley
2. Ridley was too much of a landmine. Anything short of a playable role was bound to cause controversy. Sakurai might have thought it was better to let the Ridley debate lay low.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'll be honest I don't find the roller too bad to deal with. It's definitely a harsh punishment, but it's also fairly easy to dodge in the first place in most cases, unless you've been trapped in a situation where you deserve it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
For some reason I think these two are going to make it for DLC

-Travis Touchdown

-SubZero

I honestly feel based on all the news I've been hearing Travis is going to be a :ultbayonetta: situation, in which Nintendo pays for No Heroes 3 to get made. Though in a more extreme case Grasshopper is just acquired by Nintendo since Suda is fishing for it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

-Travis Touchdown

-SubZero

I honestly feel based on all the news I've been hearing Travis is going to be a :ultbayonetta: situation, in which Nintendo pays for No Heroes 3 to get made. Though in a more extreme case Grasshopper is just acquired by Nintendo since Suda is fishing for it.
Didn't Suda51 recently deconfirm Travis?

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I obviously don't know who won the ballot in terms of raw numbers. None of us normies do. But if I had to guess, I'd say King K. Rool.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Yeah... Let's just say that leak possibly caused a surge in Amingo supporters on this thread (Both ironic, and unironic), including yours truly
Amingo is actually a pretty cool character. I wish his game wasn't cancelled. (he's actually in my wishlist now, look at the far right of my sig)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Is there anyone who unironically believes Goku won the ballot?
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. He had a strong mix of people who sincerely wanted him and people who thought he was a funny meme, which was something that no other character really had (aside from maybe Ridley, but his memedom was largely dead by the time of the ballot).

Maybe Cloud's Limit Break system was inspired by the Ki system that's basically mandatory for Dragon Ball games? I mean, really think about it, the Limit System is basically how you would make a Goku moveset, give him a charging move that puts him into a super powered mode where he gets increased stats and strengthened specials.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Because of the meme culture and actual wants of children on Miiverse at the time, the top ballot picks were legitimately probably Goku, Shrek, Spongebob, Freddy Fazbear, and Steve.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
:ultridley::ultkrool:&:ultsimon: getting in from the Ballot is great but pretty sad at the time because that means without it, Ridley and K.Rool would’ve been left out again and probably would never be in Smash if not for the fans.

Hell, the Ballot’s probably the only way anyone can even can get their character in Smash otherwise.

Just imagine a universe where Piranha Plant was added over Ridley and K.Rool.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultridley::ultkrool:&:ultsimon: getting in from the Ballot is great but kinda sad at the time, because that means without it, Ridley and K.Rool would’ve been left out again and probably would never be in Smash with the fan’s voices.

Just imagine a universe where Piranha Plant was added over Ridley and K.Rool.
The game would-be effectively worse. :ultpiranha:is a good boy but not that good

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
inb4 Steve gets announced while Sakurai confirms that he was chosen because of the ballot, which proves that the most voted ones were actually memes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unfortunately, yes...

Same thing happened with Master Chief, too
Actually, a bad ****post happened with Master Chief. It's a reply to someone who is saying "Put him in or else". He can't actually talk about Master Chief in Smash if any NDA exists. He's literally saying, in context, that he's not DLC while also downloading the game. It's pretty much a literal case of "he isn't current DLC in the game I downloaded". People are taking a bad post too seriously at this point. If we get Microsoft content as is(which we might not at all), Master Chief is extremely likely to be a Mii costume, which would... make him DLC. That tweet he replied to? It was basically "He'd better be Smash DLC or else!". Mii DLC is Smash DLC. The reply didn't even make remote sense. Why wouldn't he tell us why MC was denied? Why would the sole context being mocking a user at best? It's a ****post, plain and simple. One of the dumbest ones that could be posted too as well.

D

Deleted member

-Travis Touchdown

-SubZero

Honestly, Grasshopper might as well take the route of pitching to Nintendo to be funded. Right now they're not in the best shape, worse than Square Enix, at the moment. Changing locations, employees and all that, so I really do hope No More Heroes 3 gets funded by the Big N during it's current pre-development.

However, as much as I wish for these characters, too - unless if No More Heroes and Mortal Kombat, even more so, get traction in Japan - I don't see them happening.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I still don’t understand why they never released the official damn results.

This constant talk of who was popular in the Ballot or won it is just too vague as hell.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Actually, a bad ****post happened with Master Chief. It's a reply to someone who is saying "Put him in or else". He can't actually talk about Master Chief in Smash if any NDA exists. He's literally saying, in context, that he's not DLC while also downloading the game. It's pretty much a literal case of "he isn't current DLC in the game I downloaded". People are taking a bad post too seriously at this point. If we get Microsoft content as is(which we might not at all), Master Chief is extremely likely to be a Mii costume, which would... make him DLC. That tweet he replied to? It was basically "He'd better be Smash DLC or else!". Mii DLC is Smash DLC. The reply didn't even make remote sense. Why wouldn't he tell us why MC was denied? Why would the sole context being mocking a user at best? It's a ****post, plain and simple. One of the dumbest ones that could be posted too as well.
Nice, he's still in the running.

Now that's a cool shoot-man.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What if in a Persona game there were a type of group of teenagers, where unlike the main party (Where they are on a journey due to destiny/for a goal), they are more like an self-made organization that focuses on hunting shadows, and grinding them/taking advantage of the alternate world for profit. Kind of like pirates/bandits, with some of them robbing the main party for a quick buck. They also find other teenagers to recruit in various ways throughout the real world's setting, and raid on palaces/dungeons (Evil or not) all over.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still don’t understand why they never released the stupid official results.

This constant talk of who was popular in the Ballot or won it is just too vague as hell.
Because of the drama that'll happen. Also, they intend to use the results for future games. That's more than one. Revealing any of 'em would remove the surprise.

Nice, he's still in the running.

Now that's a cool shoot-man.
Yeah, pretty much. We can safely say he isn't part of the current patch data-wise. That's all that was clear. Mind you, I don't think he'll be playable over Steve, who has the strongest chance. But he feels like a very safe bet for a Mii costume instead. Though Banjo & Kazooie could get in over Steve as well. Those two are the top contenders, with Master Chief feeling like a 3rd right now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mortal Kombat, even more so, get traction in Japan - I don't see them happening.
:4littlemac: dont doubt the west :ultridley:

[insert third picture of dark samus]

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I still don’t understand why they never released the official damn results.

If they did, the amount of sodium in the planet would raise by 500%. :4pacman:

Jokes aside, I think they did it to avoid people getting mad because their most wanted character lost to the likes of Goku, Spongebob, *insert ****post character here*, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Because of the drama that'll happen. Also, they intend to use the results for future games. That's more than one. Revealing any of 'em would remove the surprise.
Then they need to make a new one where you’re able to vote for anybody regardless of ingame role.

If they only stick to the 2014 one, then they’ll believe that fans have no interest in seeing AT characters ever upgraded to the roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom