• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
At this point I'm totally fine with almost anybody besides stuff like Shrek and Goku. I have my wishes but recognize that they're pipe dreams. I'm just riding this out, seeing how things go. Not getting too invested since it's clear doing so is what poisons good threads.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think his popularity is overwhelming, he has way more than a fair share.
Okay, I'm a proud Steve supporter and all, but I can definitely tell you that we aren't quite as plentiful as the supporters of characters like Banjo or Geno

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I grabbed an apple on Green Greens, and the stage morph took me to Guaur Plains. I kept the apple.

I'VE TRANSCENDED DIMENSIONS.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sakurai commented something about Smash's 20th Anniversary, just waiting for the translation now.
PushDustin posted the translation for us:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
From the first game, Smash 64,
To the great competitive scene, Melee.
From the most ambitious, Brawl,
To the play on TV and to Go, Smash 4.
Sakurai has combined many of these assests into one ULTIMATE package!

Thank YOU Sakurai for making this wonderful franchise, it wouldnt be the same without you!

You gave us the most unexpected,
You gave us the most hyped,
You gave us many of our promises
And no matter how difficult and life-threatening you tried to work in Smash,

You never give up!

Thank you Sakurai for your achievement and...
Happy 20th anniversary!

DxZbYr0UYAAI-XA.jpeg

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mean outside of the speculation scene.
Oh, if you mean in terms of gaming as a whole, of course he is.

In fact, with that notoriety, alone, I'd argue that he's one of the very few western third party characters, that even remotely have a chance in Smash

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder

Has anyone figured out what font is used for the Adventure Mode cutscene subtitles yet...? :thinking:

It's for...reasons. Future project reasons...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

It feels kind of heartwarming to read that...

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

Thank you Sakurai for making this wonderful franchise, it wouldnt be the same without you!

Thank you Sakurai and have a Happy 20th anniversary!

View attachment 187648
I love Japanese video game box arts. I don't know why they need to change when they come overseas. I love the japanese 64 and Melee covers.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Thank you Sakurai for making this wonderful franchise, it wouldnt be the same without you!

Thank you Sakurai and have a Happy 20th anniversary!

View attachment 187648
I've only played two of these, but I love them all either way!

From playing Smash 4 in my living room with my best friend, to playing Ultimate in my room by myself because my best friend moved away, thanks for the memories!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

ok now tag the guy who expected something balls to the walls amazing

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Then they need to make a new one where you’re able to vote for anybody regardless of ingame role.
They already made that. It was the 2015 one.

The rules for the ballot never said such a limitation existed. That was a fan-rule that some people clung to. And even then, myself and many others used it for its intended purpose and voted for who we wanted. It's literally why Ridley, Chrom, and Dark Samus got in. People didn't care that they had existing in-game roles, they voted for them anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As much of a Dragon Ball fan I am, I wouldn't want Goku in Smash. If I was forced to pick a non-game Third Party character, I'd go for Spider-Man and have like 80% of his moveset come from Marvel vs Capcom. Though that's more so me wanting a real MVC4 that people can get excited about.

Honestly, Grasshopper might as well take the route of pitching to Nintendo to be funded. Right now they're not in the best shape, worse than Square Enix, at the moment. Changing locations, employees and all that, so I really do hope No More Heroes 3 gets funded by the Big N during it's current pre-development.

However, as much as I wish for these characters, too - unless if No More Heroes and Mortal Kombat, even more so, get traction in Japan - I don't see them happening.
Clearly the west needs to take action and impose Mortal Kombat to Japan.

Hmm, I think :ultolimar: is more fitting for him...
Yeah, Olimar or Alph would be better choices. Though Mega Man's a good back up. Or they could just use Pac-Man with blue wristbands and call it a day.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Super Smash Bros. will never die, and shall always be Sakurai’s greatest work (don’t kys overworking though Daddy Sakurai)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I was forced to pick a non-game Third Party character, I'd go for Spider-Man and have like 80% of his moveset come from Marvel vs Capcom. Though that's more so me wanting a real MVC4 that people can get excited about.
this but replace spider-man with amingo

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

The rules for the ballot never said such a limitation existed. That was a fan-rule that some people clung to. And even then, myself and many others used it for its intended purpose and voted for who we wanted. It's literally why Ridley, Chrom, and Dark Samus got in. People didn't care that they had existing in-game roles, they voted for them anyway.
That much is true, though I don't blame people voting in the short term(in some ways I did, but again, I voted for Ridley and Dark Samus anyway). Of course with additions to the roster, another ballot would still give current thoughts and requests from fans. These things can change in 4 years. Assuming most people did only vote once, and got their Chrom, K.Rool, Ridley, ect. They might have someone else they like and want to support.

this but replace spider-man with amingo
But Amingo IS a game character. He has a real chance.

D

Deleted member

Clearly the west needs to take action and impose Mortal Kombat to Japan.
You know what the worst part about all this? They really only need to just do some casual marketing and release it and pray to God to be lucky and catch traction.

It's what got Grand Theft Auto V and Last of Us to be blockbusters over there in Japan, so I don't see how releasing any of the games could hurt.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

Well, I guess there was just fear of them invalidating your pick if you voted for someone who’s already unplayable making it a waste.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I guess there was just fear of them invalidating your pick if you voted for someone who’s already unplayable making it a waste.
But at the same time, why would people assume an in-game appearance ruled characters out when the ballot itself never said that?
To me it seems more wasteful to not vote for who you really wanted because of banking on a false assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom