• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then they need to make a new one where you’re able to vote for anybody regardless of ingame role.

If they only stick to the 2014 one, then they’ll believe that fans have no interest in seeing characters stuck in AT hell like Isaac, Lyn, Ashely, Waluigi etc ever upgraded to the roster.
They don't need a new one. They already have a huge set of results. As characters get in, that leaves more with higher results to be considered. Only one was ever needed. They already have an idea of who is popular. It doesn't mean they'll realize that them not being playable would cause a huge backlash, though. You can't always predict that.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
They don't need a new one. They already have a huge set of results. As characters get in, that leaves more with higher results to be considered. Only one was ever needed. They already have an idea of who is popular. It doesn't mean they'll realize that them not being playable would cause a huge backlash, though. You can't always predict that.
Actually, I think a new ballot would be a better idea. That ballot was how long ago? 4 years? A lot changed since then, now that a lot of the top picks got inserted into the game as either fighters or ATs, people want different characters to be in the game. If they made a new ballot, the top picks would be pretty different, since a lot of characters would be voted more because characters that were in their way due to bigger popularity are now gone. As well as new characters that got an increase in popularity nowadays, like Geno, who had quite a niche following back there, but is now one of the most requested characters ever.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Let’s be real though, how many people would straight up quit Smash speculation if Steve gets added over several fan requests?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Then they need to make a new one where you’re able to vote for anybody regardless of ingame role.

If they only stick to the 2014 one, then they’ll believe that fans have no interest in seeing AT characters ever upgraded to the roster.
You say this like Nintendo doesn't know about the demand for Isaac, Shadow, Ashley, and Waluigi.

ESPECALLY Waluigi.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Let’s be real though, how many people would straight up quit Smash speculation if Steve gets added over several fan requests.
Anyone who ends up doing that, is not a legitimate Smash fan...

Real Smash fans, stay, regardless of which character gets announced

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Let’s be real though, how many people would straight up quit Smash speculation if Steve gets added over several fan requests?
Mostly guys from the Geno and Banjo gangs.

I say this as someone who was in the Geno and Banjo gangs during base roster speculation.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The fact that the Dragon itself is also wielding TWO axes makes this picture a lot better.
Three axes, actually. Its partially cut off in that pic, but it has a third strapped to its tail.

Four if you count its axe-shapped tusks.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Anyone who ends up doing that, is not a legitimate Smash fan...
I want Steve he's in my top 10

Say how about that puppet man huh? (He would be kinda cool though I have my doubts on him though :( )

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People who think Steve doesn't have his own fair share of fan requests should quit if they're going to be incredibly ignorant.

D

Deleted member

You say this like Nintendo doesn't know about the demand for Isaac, Shadow, Ashley, and Waluigi.

ESPECALLY Waluigi.
They know about lots of demands, but 95% they'll never act on it. Hell, I got a pretty good recent example.

95181-mother-3-game-boy-advance-front-cover.jpg

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I find it sad that the public image of the Geno fanbase went from: "Those oldschool guys that support Geno out of passion" in Sm4sh to "those bandwagon kids that never played SMRPG" in Ultimate. I legit want Geno as someone that played SMRPG a lot in his childhood, yet whenever I mention Geno anywhere else I'm called a "bandwagon kid".

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
People will start quitting Smash Speculation? I doubt it will get that extreme.

Will things get salty? Without a doubt. Steve is such a divisive character that his confirmation will make the ESRB Leak and the November Smash Direct look like nothing in comparison.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Probably not anyone we'd miss, if they'd honestly let that completely ruin their fun.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Interesting that Ridley came directly from the Ballot like K. Rool. Extremely surprising that the Belmonts came from it. Goes to show that there were definitely people outside of the hardcore Smash speculation bubble who voted.

I really want to see what the actual numbers for the ballot were now.
I voted multiple times like quite a few people did. So seeing Dark Samus and Ridley out of that situation was pretty cool. I don't remember if I voted for Simon too or not. I almost didn't put a vote in for Ridley, but did anyway.

I want to have another ballot, since I'll shill for my dude Mega Man X without hesitation.

D

Deleted member

You just gotta make it hurt, huh?

C'mon man :(
Hey, look at it this way. A certain someone played Animal Crossing: New Leaf before the September Direct and Metroid before E3 2017. Look what happened? Two Metroid games and 2019 Animal Crossing.

Don't give up the faith.

Screenshot (1166).png

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Used Google Translate and turned out to just be him talking about how he's happy and how fun Smash is because you can gather friends, family and enjoy the game. While also thanking us for playing Smash.
Bless Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom