• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you guys want and Axe Wielder, Sub-Zero can make axes, hammers, and swords out of ice.

There's also Astaroth.

People say Piranha Plant is a "WTF" pick or that it's not "iconic" and whatnot. But honestly... I'd argue the Piranha Plant is more well-known and recognizable than a majority of the cast.
I mean, yes that's true. But you also wouldn't expect a mook over most main protagonists.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love how you don’t realize my joke.

We were discussing about how parents would be offered envelopes, and one of us joked how a mom would vote for anyone regardless what of it’s actually for so she’s voted for Oprah Winfrey like it’s an actual election.

So what you’re saying that they should accept literally any vote even if it’s an anime, cartoon, movie, or real life person? What?
The issue is you're giving random high-turn around Gamestop employees the power to veto any vote they want.

D

Deleted member

I love how you don’t realize my joke.

We were discussing about how parents would be offered envelopes, and one of us joked how a mom would vote for anyone regardless what of it’s actually for so she’d vote for Oprah Winfrey like it’s an actual election.

So what you’re saying that they should accept literally any vote even if it’s an anime, cartoon, movie, or real life person? What?
The issue is you're giving random high-turn around Gamestop employees the power to veto any vote they want.
What the Opo said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For most people into Smash... at least it’s not a sword.
Dude half the roster has swords, nobody should make a big deal out of it.

Like ****, why did they put Ken in? We already have enough people to who use their limbs.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
is she wearing suspenders for her belts
It's more likely that the horizontal one is a traditional belt, and the two criss-crossed ones are holding her cuisses in place.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Dude half the roster has swords, nobody should make a big deal out of it.

Like ****, why did they put Ken in? We already have enough people to who use their limbs.
I want Isaac and Lloyd (and Elma if you consider her gun blade thingys) in Smash and they both have swords. I wasn’t hating on them.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I mean, you do you.
No thanks, I’m not into selfcest.

I think you're just a tad pedantic. The Plant is an enemy in the Mario games. Not just some bystander but someone who directly gets in the player's way. I think it should be fine to call 'em a villain.
No, I think he has a point.

In this article on SG, it is mentioned that Sakurai says that he wanted someone who was not a hero or major player.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/...re-details-about-smash-ultimates-development/

Villains are generally major players, especially many of the aforementioned villains in the posts above yours.

I don’t think I’d call PP a villain, personally. It’s generally portrayed as an enemy, sure, but a villain? I think that’s a bit much.

LetterO

Smash Lord
We knew K. Rool and Simon were Ballot picks, but Ridley's also been confirmed to be a ballot pick.

ARMS was also too late for the plan along with Xenoblade. I don't think either has a shot at DLC, however.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
She combined a lance, spear, and axe all into that weapon of hers.

HER FOR SMASH!
For the record her name is Minerva. :p Her axe is known is Hauteclere. Ignore the fact that Hauteclere is a sword in basically every other form of media.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ah...ok, I see the problem.

I assumed that any GameStop employee would be a gamer that that has hardcore knowledge of any video game character that appeared on a Nintendo system when at worst, they’re just a random person that needed a quick job with zero knowledge.

Oof, my bad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah...ok, I see the problem.

I assumed that any GameStop employee would be a gamer that that has hardcore knowledge of any video game character that appeared on a Nintendo system when at worst, they’re just a random person that needed a quick job with zero knowledge.

Oof, my bad.
I can absolutely confirm that most GameStop employees work there mainly because they need the money. It's not usually a job done out of passion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
lol thats exactly what they are

i work at a shoe store and i guarantee i know like 2 things about shoes tops

dont be so arrogant

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
People say Piranha Plant is a "WTF" pick or that it's not "iconic" and whatnot. But honestly... I'd argue the Piranha Plant is more well-known and recognizable than a majority of the cast.
I mean, I don’t disagree, but I don’t think that makes it not a WTF pick.

Sure, it’s well known, but it’s because of how it is known that people didn’t ever consider it. Thus, even a well known character became an incredibly unexpected pick.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pakky Pakky WHERE U AT!?

Your arguements against Decidueye got bamboozled son if Incineroar barely made it.
I already commented on it and I was polite.

Now, to be frank, does this change anything? Not really.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Ma and Pa stores specializing in classic/obscure games are generally more what people who want to sell video games go for, career wise. Working at a GameStop because you want to sell games is kinda like working at a McDonalds because you want to cook. Sure, you're technically doing what you set out to do, but you're doing it at an entry level that doesn't really involve the skills that attract you to the career.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm pretty sure everyone working at McDonald's is there because they are hardcore dedicated to serving the best fast food on the planet. There's no way they're only there with the #1 sole, desperate intention make money. I mean, who else loves minimum wage? I know I do.

:072:

D

Deleted member

Interesting that Ridley came directly from the Ballot like K. Rool. Extremely surprising that the Belmonts came from it. Goes to show that there were definitely people outside of the hardcore Smash speculation bubble who voted.

I really want to see what the actual numbers for the ballot were now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Interesting that Ridley came directly from the Ballot like K. Rool. Extremely surprising that the Belmonts came from it. Goes to show that there were definitely people outside of the hardcore Smash speculation bubble who voted.

Totally definitely 100% in no way proven incorrect Bayonetta was loved and adored globally and demanded by everyone on the face of the Earth.

They love her so much they don't even play her anymore!

Well unlike most people on the internet, I admit when I’m wrong.
That was a pretty weak way of doing so if you ask me.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultkrool: Won the ballot no doubt in my mind.

Shame about XB2 and ARMS though.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

To be fair, the Belmonts could realistically be a Cloud situation. There wasn't any Castlevania character that had noteworthy results on the ballot, but there were so many of them that there was enough demand to get some sort of Castlevania rep in the game.

D

Deleted member

Totally definitely 100% in no way proven incorrect Bayonetta was loved and adored globally and demanded by everyone on the face of the Earth.

They love her so much they don't even play her anymore!

That was a pretty weak way of doing so if you ask me.
Dude, everyone obviously wanted Bayo. Even my grandma voted for Bayo, that's how big a deal she was. 'Cause she was the only feasible choice for Smash 4's final character and was in no way promotion or because Nintendo and Platinum were super chummy at the time.

Clearly. :4wario2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom