• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm nostalgic for Minecraft.

I get urges all the time to buy the Switch version from the eShop but I love money too ****ing much.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
A while ago. What other sound effects are there?
In terms of sound effects, I think they’d do what they did with Villager and Isabelle and rely on the various sound effects taken from his game (placing / breaking blocks, generic damage taken sfx, ect.) to compensate for the lack of a voice.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's true...

I have some legitimate nostalgia for Minecraft...

A lot of other people probably do, too
Considering the only game that's ever outsold it is ****ing Tetris, I'd assume a lot of other people do too.

I'd also wager that Minecraft has more people with fond memories of it than Banjo Kazooie, but we tend to not think that because we're sitting in an echo chamber of people in their 20s and 30s.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I first started playing Minecraft during Beta 1.5/1.5_01.

my first pink sheep encounter was in that version as well.

I miss the old terrain generation; it was much more-varied and cooler in my opinion, while the newer terrain feels very same-y even between different worlds save for some variations here and there, but nothing close to Beta...although tbh I don't really mind it anymore, I guess I finally got used to it.

Plot Twist.

We don't get a Microsoft rep.
and we get Roblox instead.

In terms of sound effects, I think they’d do what they did with Villager and Isabelle and rely on the various sound effects taken from his game (placing / breaking blocks, generic damage taken sfx, ect.) to compensate for the lack of a voice.
I hope they bring back the old "Ooh!" sound, though. Maybe make a new female version of the sound for an Alex alt.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean

lets be fair

Roblox came out a solid 4 years before Minecraft, and I love me some retro ROBLOX before they messed it all up
I actually like Roblox, although I don't play it much anymore.

I remember this cool energetic trailer, yelling the game's name and having explosions...now the last trailer I remember (may still be the current one) is this boring, calm trailer.

I remember playing Build to Survive, falling down stairs, a bunch of other games including those based on different franchises...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

people are definitely nostalgic for minecraft if thats what you mean
Short answer, Minecraft is almost ten years old and obviously people would have Nostalgia for it but I personally grew up with Minecraft and yet I 1) Do not feel any Nostalgia for Steve/Minecraft and 2) Prefer Banjo simply because he has way more Personality than Steve.

D

Deleted member

I used Java my entire life.
Albeit I really want to try out Bedrock, because Bedrock is superior to Java I heard.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember playing Minecraft once.

I made a really ****ty minecart ride that I thought was super cool. It took me hours for enough gold to make the powered railways.

This was Pre-End, so it was a long ass time ago.

D

Deleted member

For the Microsoft reps, I would like Banjo the most.

I have played Minecraft and I like it, but I don't want Steve. I would be happy for his fans if he does get in though.

I'm indifferent to Master Chief.

KMDP

Smash Legend
But when the setting in comic books contain supervillains that humans can't even touch, it gets a little muddled that the ridiculously-overpowered superheroes don't just blitz out of bed to vaporize them, then return before the speed of light can cycle the Earth a billion times. There's plenty of regular mooks to keep everyday authorities occupied, and the speed at which someone like Superman can handle lesser-but-still-strong supervillains can happen at a rate where people are none the wiser. Even with strict moral codes at play, they have the potential to subdue the villains without any effort whatsoever, and yet the writing makes them forget they can pretty much bend the plot to their liking.
This is like...most of what comicbook superheroes are capable of on some level:
View attachment 190249
That comic irks me.

Because Omniscience wasn't the right word (except in the context of God-Man knowing what Purple Beetle said), it should have been Omnipotent.

Omniscient = All-Knowing
Omnipotent = All-Powerful

And that's my daily dose of Grammar Nazi-dom.

D

Deleted member

what a sad world you live in man :crying: pouring one out for what youre missin
I just don't feel any Nostalgia for something that hasn't passed Minecraft will always be there and not a thing of the past. Weirdly I only get nostalgic for things of the past which Minecraft simply isn't as it's right there for anyone to play. I respect what Minecraft did cause it was kind of Genre defining but that's just me.

D

Deleted member

Considering the only game that's ever outsold it is ****ing Tetris, I'd assume a lot of other people do too.

I'd also wager that Minecraft has more people with fond memories of it than Banjo Kazooie, but we tend to not think that because we're sitting in an echo chamber of people in their 20s and 30s.
General opinion in this thread seems to imply the exact opposite but whatever.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bedrock Edition of Minecraft is cool; it has some stuff they have yet to add to Java, which adds to some building options.

Some players in the technical community will say its redstone sucks, though. I think they fixed a bunch of redstone bugs that Mojang avoided fixing in the Java Edition since they're used in many contraptions, and aren't game-breaking (plus they can make pretty cool stuff).

Sadly my PC restricts me to a small, limited Bedrock Edition world; if I try to play an infinite world, it starts eating my CPU and causes its fans to roar and continue to do so as long as I'm in the world, though this doesn't happen on Java Edition...

I still prefer Java due to mods, though, also it gets some stuff earlier than Bedrock :p

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm two years away from 30 and I still play yugioh and video games oh god oh ****
Technically, I still play Yu-Gi-Oh!

I just don't play the real game anymore (too much expenditure), I'd rather just play stuff like Legacy of the Duelist.

That being said...

C'mon, Konami. RELEASE ANOTHER SHIN DUEL MONSTERS GAME YOU COWARDS!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know this isn't the topic at the moment, but I remember getting shook when I found out Conker just straight up mixed Eddy Gordo's and Jin's theme from Tekken 3 for the Lava Surfing level.

Anyone got some interesting samples/similar music situations?

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I just don't feel any Nostalgia for something that hasn't passed Minecraft will always be there and not a thing of the past. Weirdly I only get nostalgic for things of the past which Minecraft simply isn't as it's right there for anyone to play. I respect what Minecraft did cause it was kind of Genre defining but that's just me.
I agree with ya. I do respect Minecraft for being iconic and redefining the sandbox/simulation genre but the nostalgia just isn’t there. Not saying it’s a bad game but you just can’t make someone feel nostalgic for something.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
General opinion in this thread seems to imply the exact opposite but whatever.
I'm not really sure what you're talking about here or what it had to do with the part you bolded. The general opinion in this thread is that echo chamber. But even other than that, I'm talking about nostalgia for the game, not the character choice. The conversation we're having now is between a blank slate personality-less character and a talking bear with a smart*** bird in his backpack. What we were talking about in my post and the one I quoted was game nostalgia.

The mere fact that nearly 150million more copies of one were sold than the other puts numbers firmly on the side of Minecraft but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom