• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Steve.

He's got history with Nntendo, relevancy, legacy, and Sakurai bias, all working in his favor...
But Master Chief Banjo is iconic! Everyone has played Halo Banjo Kazooie, and anyone who hasnt has committed a felony and must be tried for treason.

D

Deleted member

Cons:
  • Limited Animations
  • No real "personality"
  • Some people would riot that Banjo wasn't chosen
Not to be rude, but these are incredibly dumb cons.

Mr Game and Watch has even less animations and personality than Steve does... Yet Mr Game and Watch works very well in Smash. R.O.B can be qualified for that too.

Also some people would "riot"? I do not think a riot would be that bad and salt is not going to affect Nintendo at all.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Mr Game and Watch has even less animations and personality than Steve does... Yet Mr Game and Watch works very well in Smash. R.O.B can be qualified for that too.

Also some people would "riot"? I do not think a riot would be that bad and salt is not going to affect Nintendo at all.
The cons were mostly a joke based on opinions though there probably will be outrage amongst certain fandoms.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some really obsessed Waluigi fans "rioted" when he got deconfirmed again. The outcome: people didn't see it as a riot but as a humiliating front to show how selfish and dumb everyone who wanted Waluigi for Smash is for thinking he was a #1 necessity or whatever.

Some really Banjo fans "riot" if he's out of the spot. The outcome: people don't see it as a riot but as a humiliating front to show how selfish and dumb everyone who wanted Banjo for Smash is for thinking he was a #1 necessity or whatever.

bet someone from the banjo fandom does some of those dumb tweets that waluigi fanatic duo did

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Point is not everyone can be pleased, Smash is just a game, etcetera etcetera.

And people say other fandoms are bad.

D

Deleted member

Steve is happening and there's nothing any of you can do a out it other than just play Minecraft and have a good time.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

G&W's personality is conveyed through his unique sound effects and the obscure variety of his attacks based on the multiple Game & Watch games. Steve only has one sound effect (a grunt when hit), and only a handful of basic animations like crouching, swimming, eating, and swinging a pickaxe, none of which are visually interesting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Steve is happening and there's nothing any of you can do a out it other than just play Minecraft and have a good time.
***** i dont care if i was a steve prophet i would rather have master chief

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Has there been any evidence to that besides Vergeben's claim? If there has been I must've missed it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
to be fair they could make new animations for Steve.

it's not like they didn't do that for other characters...and Steve can actually move his limbs in any direction.

They could also just take from Minecraft Dungeons, which fits Minecraft's style much better than Story Mode (and looks better imo).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So out of the three Microsoft reps Banjo, Master Chief and Steve. What are everyone's opinion who they think is the most likely and why?
Steve.

Steve has the Popularity and Relevance for it. he also comes from one of the best selling games in recent times and would bring in potential new buyers.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here's a new scenario, a Microsoft rep, but no Rare, Mojang, or 343 Industries/Halo?

Who do you choose?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Here's a new scenario, a Microsoft rep, but no Rare, Mojang, or 343 Industries/Halo?

Who do you choose?
Easy.

Marcus Fenix. It's my preferred Microsoft rep anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Steve.

Steve has the Popularity and Relevance for it. he also comes from one of the best selling games in recent times and would bring in potential new buyers.
if they wanted a quick buck they would put in jonesy

D

Deleted member

Here's a different Question, Who would be your preferred Microsoft Rep out of the three big ones (Banjo, Steve, Master Chief)?

Personally I really really want Banjo, none of the Newcomers really interested me and Geno is almost certainly not going to be the Square rep so the last guy I really have is Banjo. Put in Banjo please Nintendo.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
He hasn't grunted when hit in like 5 years
Really? Didn't notice. Guess they removed it so that the player skins could be more universal. It's odd to hear that sound effect when your skin is an octopus or robot. Or robot octopus.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so here's the Minecraft Dungeons trailer as an example for how they could animate Steve:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJicIi8Lvx0

also, they could make him look like his art on merchandise/the official Minecraft website, instead of the many shades of pixels.

another idea for making him expressive is to simply make some pixels change on his face, making his eyes and mouth bigger/stuff like that. If he were to close his eyes...idk, then, other than maybe take some liberties and make his eyes like the ">_<" face.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's a different Question, Who would be your preferred Microsoft Rep out of the three big ones (Banjo, Steve, Master Chief)?

Personally I really really want Banjo, none of the Newcomers really interested me and Geno is almost certainly not going to be the Square rep so the last guy I really have is Banjo. Put in Banjo please Nintendo.
Steve...

I have nostalgia for Minecraft, when it first became big, and it just feels right to have the face of modern gaming, to join the ranks of Mario, PAC-MAN, Sonic, and Pikachu in the celebration of video games, that Smash is.
minecraft is almost 10 so that means people can actually be nostalgic for it
This man speaks the truth

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll be bummed if Banjo gets in but anything else at this point would just be icing on cake since I already have what I wanted the most.

:ultkrool::ultridley:

That said don't expect the next DLC reveal to be until April. Maybe at most we might get a tease in March though.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom