• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Technically, I still play Yu-Gi-Oh!

I just don't play the real game anymore (too much expenditure), I'd rather just play stuff like Legacy of the Duelist.

That being said...

C'mon, Konami. RELEASE ANOTHER SHIN DUEL MONSTERS GAME YOU COWARDS!
Luckily, I kinda have an 'evergreen' deck in Pendulum Magicians, so I get to play irl on a deck that cost me under 100 to build 2 years ago. :dr^_^:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
That comic irks me.

Because Omniscience wasn't the right word (except in the context of God-Man knowing what Purple Beetle said), it should have been Omnipotent.

Omniscient = All-Knowing
Omnipotent = All-Powerful

And that's my daily dose of Grammar Nazi-dom.
Definitely a case of You Keep Using That Word, but malapropism aside, the OP comicbook hero example still applies.
Smug Eddy.png

Lol yeah apparently
]
Edit: Spoiler tagged it for some naughty language
...We live in a time-line where Knack is arguably- no, objectively a better character than Bubsy.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
General opinion in this thread seems to imply the exact opposite but whatever.
I'm not really sure what you're talking about here or what it had to do with the part you bolded. The general opinion in this thread is that echo chamber. But even other than that, I'm talking about nostalgia for the game, not the character choice. The conversation we're having now is between a blank slate personality-less character and a talking bear with a smart*** bird in his backpack. What we were talking about in my post and the one I quoted were game nostalgia.

The mere fact that nearly 150million more copies of one were sold than the other puts numbers firmly on the side of Minecraft but whatever.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Plot Twist.

We don't get a Microsoft rep.
This.

I don’t really think people should expect a Microsoft character. Like wanting one, whatever. But expecting one? I wouldn’t go that far.

Like regardless of how “popular” or “important” Steve is, or however much nostalgia one has for Minecraft, it’s still owned by Microsoft. That’s...much different that Konami, or Sega, or Namco.

Idk man. Seems like certain sects of Smash fans have an obsession with Steve. Easy for me to say because i’ve never played Minecraft, but I just don’t think it’s gonna happen.

D

Deleted member

I may have seemed meaner than I meant to be so if I came off that way I apologize. Also I actually do respect Minecraft a lot as it's actually quite fun when you actually sit down and play it and it was Genre-Defining it basically was THE game that put Sandbox games on the map so it does earn my Respects.

That Said I simply prefer Banjo-Kazooie as I think that their game is more fun than Minecraft and Banjo's character has a lot more personality than Steve, Banjo may not have been as Minecraft is now in back in it's hayday but I still prefer Banjo as his game shows a lot more Charm(?) than Minecraft does in my opinion. That said I wish we could get both, put each other's differences aside and just be happy and cheerful.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is it fair to say I hate that Bubsy got a comeback before Earthworm Jim? Hell, even Vectorman deserves a salty run-back before Bubsy getting his FIFTH main game.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is it fair to say I hate that Bubsy got a comeback before Earthworm Jim? Hell, even Vectorman deserves a salty run-back before Bubsy getting his FIFTH main game.
inb4 the Cheetahmen get their Fourth game before Earthworm Jim gets his revival.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Did I miss another Steve vs Banjo war?

Cause that’d be a relief but I agree with Noi and Scoliosis, there’s no reason to outright expect one even if it is likely considering their recent friendship partnership with Ninty.

That said, I still prefer Banjo but I think it’s insulting to call him a “Microsoft rep” cause even he’s owned by them, Banjo to me has always been a character in his separate category being a Rare character and all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That said, I still prefer Banjo but I think it’s insulting to call him a “Microsoft rep” cause even he’s owned by them, Banjo to me has always been a character in his separate category being a Rare character and all.
i mean
thats your opinion
but banjo was bought and is a microsoft character.

do you hate it when i call shulk a nintendo character instead of a monolith character?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay but for real though, the Cheetahman theme song is an absolute banger. A crappy game series like that doesn't deserve a song that good.
Sometimes, the worst games, can have amazing soundtracks...

Sonic 06 was an abysmal game, but it has possibly, one of the best soundtracks that I've ever heard in a video game.

Then there's the Kartae Kid NES game by LJN
Garbage game, stellar title theme

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Luckily, I kinda have an 'evergreen' deck in Pendulum Magicians, so I get to play irl on a deck that cost me under 100 to build 2 years ago. :dr^_^:
I actually stopped following Yu-Gi-Oh! around the time 5D's started, it began getting too gimmicky for me.

Of course, once I bought Legacy of the Duelist and gave the new mechanics I'd skipped out on a try they were more balanced than I was expecting (presumably a result of the hype dying down :laugh:).

You could, in theory, beat a deck using the new mechanics with a more classical deck with the right cards in it.

Speaking of classical Yu-Gi-Oh!, I was playing Stairway to the Destined Duel again recently (I like the soundtrack), and the deck I made in it was kinda OP (because it obviously uses an old banlist so you can use stuff that would be banned today), it wasn't even that far removed from the Starter Deck I was given.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Microsoft may be a competitor, but they're being friendlier with Nintendo, even wanting to put Xbox Live stuff on the Switch (among other devices but still), and maybe even Gamepass or some game library of sorts.

They may also be moving away from the console business...or at least exclusivity.

give me Banjo-Kazooie on the Switch dang it.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Depending on what Microsoft's GDC conference is like, where they'll detail how they're bringing Xbox Live to Nintendo Switch, the probability of a Microsoft character in Smash has never been higher. That kind of partnership between console companies is completely unprecedented. Imagine if PSN was on Xbox? That'd be unthinkable. Yet Nintendo and Microsoft seem to be forming a pretty close relationship. I guess it also helps that both NoA and Xbox are headquartered in Redmond, WA.

I used Java my entire life.
Albeit I really want to try out Bedrock, because Bedrock is superior to Java I heard.
Funnily enough, one of my brothers was playing the Java version on his gaming PC this weekend. Like, a PC that can run most modern games better than home consoles. Yet he kept having performance issues with it, and when he asked me what the deal was, I just figured it was because he was using Java. Since the Java version is built from a foundation that was never meant to be as huge and complicated as the game's become, it makes sense that they ported things over to a newer, better engine.

Though it's damn impressive, and a testament to Mojang's dedication to their customers, that the Java version is still getting updated. They could've gone the Dark Souls Remastered route and took down the Java version and solely listed Bedrock for sale, but they've chosen to support both versions to satisfy everyone. That's commendable.

Looks like you might still be able to get Bedrock for free since you own Java version. Worth checking out if you have the opportunity.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This.

I don’t really think people should expect a Microsoft character. Like wanting one, whatever. But expecting one? I wouldn’t go that far.

Like regardless of how “popular” or “important” Steve is, or however much nostalgia one has for Minecraft, it’s still owned by Microsoft. That’s...much different that Konami, or Sega, or Namco.

Idk man. Seems like certain sects of Smash fans have an obsession with Steve. Easy for me to say because i’ve never played Minecraft, but I just don’t think it’s gonna happen.
I get what you mean. Fans put so much hype between him and Banjo, but it's not exactly the typical situation to have a character who's owned by a direct competitor like Microsoft make it into the game. There's no need to act as if either is a 100% lock. Regardless of Nostalgia or Importance to the industry.

And honestly, there's also Master Chief, IF the snowball's chance in hell of a Microsoft character makes it in, he's also a huge gaming icon.

On the other hand. The Fulgore Squad is the true path to hype.

How could you not like this guy?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo X Sega X Microsoft

Sony gets no love

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You see, people actually like Earthworm Jim and Vectorman.

The Bubsy team was hoping his meme status would be the ticket to success.

It wasn't.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sony gets no love because Sony thinks it's too cool and practices isolationism.
"Let's show the same games 3 years in a row BOY!!!!!"

They be high as a kite.

Kratos is a BIG man but not that big

Not even :ultmario: is that big (he kinda is...)

but :ultlink: kinda is.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You see, people actually like Earthworm Jim and Vectorman.

The Bubsy team was hoping his meme status would be the ticket to success.

It wasn't.
Guess we'll have to have Vectorman dab to get a new game. Maybe play sweet victory in the trailer since the NFL manages to disappoint on multiple fronts.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And now they're "trying" to jump on the ship.
Sony: Ha! We don't need you! Look how superior we are with all our exclusives!
Atlus: ay we put our game that was exclusive to your systems in smash lol
Sony:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
This.

While almost no character can be fully expected, like, I don’t think the fact that Minecraft is owned by a competitor would be that much of a hurdle when you consider things like the fact that Microsoft already got the rights to Mario to appear in Minecraft. If Microsoft could get the rights to use Mario of all things, Nintendo would likely be able to get the rights to use Minecraft properties, if they wanted to of course.

D

Deleted member

I'm not really sure what you're talking about here or what it had to do with the part you bolded. The general opinion in this thread is that echo chamber. But even other than that, I'm talking about nostalgia for the game, not the character choice. The conversation we're having now is between a blank slate personality-less character and a talking bear with a smart*** bird in his backpack. What we were talking about in my post and the one I quoted was game nostalgia.

The mere fact that nearly 150million more copies of one were sold than the other puts numbers firmly on the side of Minecraft but whatever.
People here seem to lean more towards Steve than Banjo whenever the topic is brought up. Same goes for the other fan favorites (namely Geno). It's certainly not the case elsewhere, but I've seen way more Steve support on this thread than in most other places on the internet.
I get what you mean. Fans put so much hype between him and Banjo, but it's not exactly the typical situation to have a character who's owned by a direct competitor like Microsoft make it into the game. There's no need to act as if either is a 100% lock. Regardless of Nostalgia or Importance to the industry.

And honestly, there's also Master Chief, IF the snowball's chance in hell of a Microsoft character makes it in, he's also a huge gaming icon.

On the other hand. The Fulgore Squad is the true path to hype.

How could you not like this guy?
If a KI character ever does happen I am very split between either Fulgore or Spinal. On the one hand Fulgore would just be a generally great character and seems to be the one they pushed the most in the reboot.
On the other Spinal is a pirate skeleton that would be a hilarious juxtaposition from the other swordsman characters we already have and he's also my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Day 856
Still no Plant Code
Customer Service is unhelpful
Remember I have Gold Points saved up
Piranha Plant is available for a buck and change

I bought Piranha Plant lol

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It less of a war, this time, and more of a friendly debate...
Well, that’s good to hear!

i mean
thats your opinion
but banjo was bought and is a microsoft character.

do you hate it when i call shulk a nintendo character instead of a monolith character?
Touché my dude, touché.

but atleast shulk didn’t get butchered with car building games and became dead :V

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Depending on what Microsoft's GDC conference is like, where they'll detail how they're bringing Xbox Live to Nintendo Switch, the probability of a Microsoft character in Smash has never been higher. That kind of partnership between console companies is completely unprecedented. Imagine if PSN was on Xbox? That'd be unthinkable. Yet Nintendo and Microsoft seem to be forming a pretty close relationship. I guess it also helps that both NoA and Xbox are headquartered in Redmond, WA.

Funnily enough, one of my brothers was playing the Java version on his gaming PC this weekend. Like, a PC that can run most modern games better than home consoles. Yet he kept having performance issues with it, and when he asked me what the deal was, I just figured it was because he was using Java. Since the Java version is built from a foundation that was never meant to be as huge and complicated as the game's become, it makes sense that they ported things over to a newer, better engine.

Though it's damn impressive, and a testament to Mojang's dedication to their customers, that the Java version is still getting updated. They could've gone the Dark Souls Remastered route and took down the Java version and solely listed Bedrock for sale, but they've chosen to support both versions to satisfy everyone. That's commendable.

Looks like you might still be able to get Bedrock for free since you own Java version. Worth checking out if you have the opportunity.
I got it way before and I can not get it for free.
???

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Touché my dude, touché.

but atleast shulk didn’t sell his series away and got butchered with car building games and became dead :V
Nah, Xenoblade went the Fire Emblem route and turned the anime up to 200%.

Can't say I'm much a fan of it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They brought it upon themselves.
True
Sony could get lost, for all I care

They're way too stuck up, to even sympathize with
Spidey should try to sneak to Disney full time to stay safe
Sony gets no love because Sony thinks it's too cool and practices isolationism.
That’s a good explanation
"Let's show the same games 3 years in a row BOY!!!!!"

They be high as a kite.

Kratos is a BIG man but not that big

Not even :ultmario: is that big (he kinda is...)

but :ultlink: kinda is.
Mario gets to do whatever he wants every year and people will still buy his games, so he’s definitely big enough to get away with the same tactics (that plumber knows how to run ****)
spiderman was pretty cool tho
Spider-Man is one of the two reasons why Sony is even still alive honestly (PlayStation being the other obviously)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, that’s good to hear!

Touché my dude, touché.

but atleast shulk didn’t get butchered with car building games and became dead :V
Yeah but he has a cowlick now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom