• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Glad you asked. We’re discussing nipples.
Oh, neat.

I've dated girls with pierced ones. Those're neat.

And now I'm contributing to the active discussion instead of interrupting with Resident Evil. I did it!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
What's New Scooby-Doo?
We're comin' after you,
We're gonna solve that mystery~

Dragon Ball isn't that inconsistent.

The characters are just holding back a tooooooooooon.

The thing about "why don't the heroes just kill the villains?" is that the heroes are walking a fine line; they are, by definition, vigilantes, not police officers, they can fight the criminals, but no more.

It's why Superman, Batman and Spider-man catch Supervillains and leave them for the Police to arrest, they're tackling crimes the police aren't equipped to handle, not playing Judge, Jury and Executioner.
But when the setting in comic books contain supervillains that humans can't even touch, it gets a little muddled that the ridiculously-overpowered superheroes don't just blitz out of bed to vaporize them, then return before the speed of light can cycle the Earth a billion times. There's plenty of regular mooks to keep everyday authorities occupied, and the speed at which someone like Superman can handle lesser-but-still-strong supervillains can happen at a rate where people are none the wiser. Even with strict moral codes at play, they have the potential to subdue the villains without any effort whatsoever, and yet the writing makes them forget they can pretty much bend the plot to their liking.
This is like...most of what comicbook superheroes are capable of on some level:
GodManVsThePurpleBeetle_3147.png

Thank you! Finally someone else who understands!

I really think we need to get rid of the idea that this is some sort of contest. All it does is make people fight.
I wish this was the case with KOS-MOS and other Namco Most-Wanted characters. Any time I see her mentioned, lots of Heihachi and Lloyd fans get incredibly sour about the idea (more the former than the latter though). Doesn't stop me from wanting Namco to play catch-up though. It has the library needed to throw down with the Smash cast. Dunno why it's treated like a red-headed stepchild. At least Square's situation is self-imposed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So out of the three Microsoft reps Banjo, Master Chief and Steve. What are everyone's opinion who they think is the most likely and why?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So out of the three Microsoft reps Banjo, Master Chief and Steve. What are everyone's opinion who they think is the most likely and why?
Steve.

He's got history with Nintendo, relevancy, legacy, marketability, moveset potential, and Sakurai bias, all working in his favor...

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Steve

Pros:
  • Second Best Selling Game so brand power
  • Creative Moveset potential
  • Minecraft Stage with creeper hazard
Cons:
  • Limited Animations
  • No real "personality"
  • Some people would riot that Banjo wasn't chosen

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Steve.

He's got history with Nntendo, relevancy, legacy, and Sakurai bias all working in his favor...
Agreed.

I love Banjo and would love for him to get in but I'm pretty certain at this point it'll be Steve but color me surprised and wrong if it is everyone's favorite bear and bird duo. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom