• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, you know what would be great to see or hear in the Sonic movie?

If Eggman could say at the end of the movie, "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!", referencing the old Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog show.

Or say "Snooping as usual, I see." from the same show. It would be funny to see Jim Carrey say those lines.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, Sonic also never had Doctor Strange teleportation wormhole powers, and yet here we are.
It's just a normal manipulation of the Chaos Emeralds. He even looks at a ton of information in his holding cell in Adventure 2, so he probably was reading about that.

It appears that Gerald was researching Chaos powers, and was able to, with Black Doom's help, make it so Shadow could use them far more easily. Sonic used Chaos powers since going Super, as that's energy strictly from them. It's not literally a named Chaos power, but it still counts for the purpose of what the games are portraying now. Of course, that probably wasn't the original plan and they changed it when they added Shadow to help update Sonic's abilities and what Chaos Emeralds can do.

I meant like changes to his parts and components, I’m glad he’s unchanged, I’m just saying they were capable of making those kind of changes to him.
Well, what do you think needs changing then? :) I wouldn't mind him taking notes from Silver and Mecha Sonic. Maybe a little bit of Metal Overlord. Hell, Season 3 could do more with him. Cause right now he's just a mindless slave to Eggman. Maybe giving him more of an identity is a good way to make him a more interesting antagonist. I mean, they already turned Shadow into a very bland villain compared to the regular series. He was far more interesting even in games where he wasn't as active, like Sonic Chronicles.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You mean like idk, Megalon shows up out of nowhere in the last 20 minutes of the movie? Or SpaceGodzilla being responsible for King Kong and Godzilla fighting like Lex Luthor from BvS?
I mean, we get Megalon back so yes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Apologies yet again. Believe me I'm trying...Nobody is perfect you know...:(
If it makes you feel better my only issue is how I don't understand why you're using an actually well executed character as the textbook example in contrary to the ones who only appear like 40 seconds in the movie before they're confirmed as the twist villain

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel betrayed beyond betrayal.
I'm sorry Idon. Closest thing I had to a Sega system growing up was some cheap LCD Sonic game that came out of a cereal box or something.

Most of what I know is from forum osmosis.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You mean like idk, Megalon shows up out of nowhere in the last 20 minutes of the movie? Or SpaceGodzilla being responsible for King Kong and Godzilla fighting like Lex Luthor from BvS?
Tywin Lannister is actually the good guy, Eleven is the villain and she summons the Mind Flayer to control all the monsters.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
#MYFIRSTPOST

~I honestly couldn't care less over which franchise has too much or too little content: for me, it's all about how it all plays together.
~Cutting characters is a stupid idea, simply due to the fact that it means exclusive content from the previous titles, and all those cut deserve to make a comeback. (unless copyright is involved, sorry Snake).
~While I am a little bit of a toobigot, I would actually enjoy seeing Ridley playable one day, one way or another.
~Melee's Adventure Mode is my favorite part of that game; there's just something about it that makes running through different worlds based off of the represented franchises fun.
~I main Dark Pit in Wii U/3DS and want to see him Luigified in the new game. In fact, I actually enjoy clones far more than the characters that they spawned from.
~At this point in time, I wouldn't be surprised to see other Microsoft characters showing up in Smash alongside Banjo: Nintendo's been getting really buddy-buddy with Microsoft as of late, so seeing the likes of Master Chief or even Steve(?) wouldn't be out of the question for me.
~Nintendo is free to add as many third party characters as they desire, because at this point, Smash has become a celebration of not just the history of Nintendo, but of video games in general. Bring on the indies!
Today is my one year anniversary on this thread. Seems like my opinions back then became mainstream among most (but not all) of you other smash fans.

Let’s shoot for another year of good will, yeah?
And I was horribly wrong about Snake, I’m so happy I was.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If it makes you feel better my only issue is how I don't understand why you're using an actually well executed character as the textbook example in contrary to the ones who only appear like 40 seconds in the movie before they're confirmed as the twist villain
Fair enough. Its also because there was so much more they could had played out the movie differently without the need of that trope like sure the movie would had been probably shorter but it'd be nice if there were not twist villain and Ernesto was simply just a bad friend which instead Hector died of natural causes (Either choked on something he ate or got run over by a train) and Ernesto then stole his songs and when Hector found out this puts a stain between them in their relationship. Just an example is all. It would had been much different especially without the need of a villain which Inside Out had.

It would had actually been nice too if Ernesto was Miguel's great-grandfather. I saw Hector being his actual one coming a mile away. That's how predictable Coco was despite how visually stunning and beautiful the film may had been.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Mark Hamil is in it so that alone might be worth the watch

To be fair a LOT of people have expressed fatigue of Pixar's standard formula. Though I won't understand why he felt Ernesto De La Cruz was the worst offender of twist villains
I get that, but he consistently brings it up, and it's getting really old (as old as the tropes he keeps complaining about, in fact).

If you wanna keep complaining about the same exact stuff, at least spice up your arguments...

D

Deleted member

Popping out of my hiding hole to post the obligatory It's Gonna Be May meme before it's too late

OK bye bye I'll be back in like 4 days

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fair enough. Its also because there was so much more they could had played out the movie differently without the need of that trope like sure the movie would had been probably shorter but it'd be nice if there were not twist villain and Ernesto was simply just a bad friend which instead Hector died of natural causes (Either choked on something he ate or got run over by a train) and Ernesto then stole his songs and when Hector found out this puts a stain between them in their relationship. Just an example is all. It would had been much different especially without the need of a villain which Inside Out had.
First of all there wouldn't be a strain in the relationship as that could never be undone.

Second, did Inside Out really have a twist villain? Closest to that I can think of was Joy due to her character flaws as Bing Bong wasn't a bad guy and ended up helping out

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First of all there wouldn't be a strain in the relationship as that could never be undone.

Second, did Inside Out really have a twist villain? Closest to that I can think of was Joy due to her character flaws as Bing Bong wasn't a bad guy and ended up helping out
Fair enough I should had worded it better.

And sure but still no villain never the less so that was a nice breath of fresh air to have in that movie.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It would had actually been nice too if Ernesto was Miguel's great-grandfather. I saw Hector being his actual one coming a mile away. That's how predictable Coco was despite how visually stunning and beautiful the film may had been.
Tbh I also found Coco's plot to be extremely predictable...but having a predictable story didn't make it any less visually stunning. Those two things were unrelated.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Twist villains are fine as long as the motivations of the villain are consistent throughout the movie, Prospector from Toy Story 2 being a good example and Prof. Callahan from Big Hero 6 being a bad one... :yoshi:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The villain of Inside Out was crippling depression.

Change my mind.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

And sure but still no villain never the less so that was a nice breath of fresh air to have in that movie.
I was actually thinking that, do you perhaps have a problem with articulating what you want to say? Nothing to be ashamed of if you do, I frequently have to pause and think for a good while about if what I want to say adds up to what I mean

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All this talk about Disney and Pixar villains is great but...

It got me thinking.

What do you guys think of the Dream Works villains?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was actually thinking that, do you perhaps have a problem with articulating what you want to say? Nothing to be ashamed of if you do, I frequently have to pause and think for a good while about if what I want to say adds up to what I mean
She's right. Also, I too have trouble with articulating what I want to say at times, in real life and online. So Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , you're not alone.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I hate to actually say it but you maybe right. I get pretty riled up before waiting a moment to think. Its something I honestly need to work on.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

It got me thinking.

Um... honestly in comparison to Disney/Pixar, I barely remember the villains of any DreamWorks movies, at least not to the degree of the other aforementioned companies' villains.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

It got me thinking.

Decent I could say. The best ones were easily the earlier ones like Rameses from The Prince of Egypt. Last DreamWorks movie I believe I had watched was How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. Grimmel was a good villain much better then Drago granted I felt they could had fleshed out his character more such as revealing more of his reasons for why he wanted to slay all dragons including his hatred towards Night Furies. Was his parents perhaps killed by one when he was a kid? Did he have a traumatizing experience in almost being killed by one? What?

As much of an improvement I thought the third movie was from the second. A part of me also felt it was at times trying to be too safe.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Villains aren't the end-all be-all of a good film anyway.

Zooptopia may have had a forgettable twist villain but that's not what I loved about that movie anyway. Having a forgettable baddy didn't make the film's protagonists less charming, world less exciting or themes less important. It's still a negative point to the movie sure but one or two overused tropes or cliches don't nulify everything else that goes into making a film enjoyable.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

If only Spider-Man 3's producers had the sense to do the same for only sticking with Spidey struggling with himself/the symbiote, rather than having 3 other villains jammed into the film and expecting that to work…

Are we talking about twist villains again?

View attachment 214196
This happened before? I haven't been in this pad much.

Villains aren't the end-all be-all of a good film anyway.

Zooptopia may have had a forgettable twist villain but that's not what I loved about that movie anyway. Having a forgettable baddy didn't make the film's protagonists less charming, world less exciting or themes less important. It's still a negative point to the movie sure but one or two overused tropes or cliches don't unravel everything else that goes into making a film enjoyable.
Truth. This is why the Kung Fu Panda trilogy is enjoyable as a whole, despite the last one's villain not even holding a candle to the previous ones that came before.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
GGs as well. Had to leave because my Switch was on low battery.
Also frustrated it took me until the end to not suck.
So like, did you forget how to use Ridley's side-B offstage to kill, or did I just get better at surviving it? Because you tried that two or three times, and each time I lived. :b I'm not even sure how I got out of it, I thought that was pretty much certain death.

D

Deleted member

Say in a hypothetical situation that Endgame made me interested in brushing up on some Marvel Comics to get an idea of what Feige could do for Phase 4 and beyond where should I start?

I'm mostly interested in what they could do with Doctor Strange and new characters which is what I'm focusing on if I were to read some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom