• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah but, I don't recall Sonic ever getting that power, unless he did that in the comics.

He's also not fast enough to flat out stop time from a standstill, but that can be a point of debate.
Best he can do is similar abilities to Shadow, but I went over that in a previous post. I think I outright replied to you to explain it.

Overall, I'd say they're different kind of powers. Manipulating time appears to be something that's just a natural thing you can o with a Chaos Emerald, but it requires practice and knowledge. It's not something you need immense training in, of course. At least, the way the series shows it. As Silver easily was able to work with one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't have a particular favorite villain, since I am not into those, but here is a video to suit the mood.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm pretty sure Dr. Strange 2 will have Nightmare as the enemy so I would want to see what Nightmare could do in the comics that may translate to the MCU.
It's fairly obvious to me that Dr. Strange 2 is gonna be about Mordo lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I heard rumors of Namor being the villain of Doctor Strange 2 although I think he'd make more sense for a Black Panther sequel given the whole ancient civilizations and rivalry they had in the comics.

Wakanda vs. Atlantis.

Does anymore need to be said?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If only Spider-Man 3's producers had the sense to do the same for only sticking with Spidey struggling with himself/the symbiote, rather than having 3 other villains jammed into the film and expecting that to work…
The multiple villians and symbiote were all Sony’s fault, as we weren’t suppose to have any of those villains...literally only Sandman as the villian, with New a Goblin in the middle, and Vulture being built up at the beginning and ending...then the latter got scrapped and Venom got added alongside Gwen Stacy (and that ended up being a truggle to write a whole movie script without it being a 2 parter)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Best he can do is similar abilities to Shadow, but I went over that in a previous post. I think I outright replied to you to explain it.

Overall, I'd say they're different kind of powers. Manipulating time appears to be something that's just a natural thing you can o with a Chaos Emerald, but it requires practice and knowledge. It's not something you need immense training in, of course. At least, the way the series shows it. As Silver easily was able to work with one.
Alright, I know Chaos Control can manipulate time, but since this is an orgin story, would the Chaos Emeralds be there? Would Shadow even be there? I mean, if that's the case then he wouldn't have learned how to do Chaos Contol at that point yet since he learned it off of Shadow.

I'm probably looking WAY too deep into this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The multiple villians and symbiote were all Sony’s fault, as we weren’t suppose to have any of those villains...literally only Sandman as the villian, with New a Goblin in the middle, and Vulture being built up at the beginning and ending...then the latter got scrapped and Venom got added alongside Gwen Stacy (and that ended up being a truggle to write a whole movie script without it being a 2 parter)
Funny how the scrapped Spidey villain is the first one the MCU went with in Homecoming. A nice twist of fate, that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It feels inevitable, after all. It's like expecting Galvatron at some point as long as Megatron is an active character. Sure, it does sometimes get subverted, but it's extremely rare when it does. US versions only, of course(and Japanese dubs).

The few times it didn't happen otherwise are Transformers: Animated(as no situation comes up where Megatron is defeated and the season continues on. A 4th season was planned, so this was a likely new thing that never came up), Transformers: Beast Machines(as while he takes a form akin to it, more closer to being like a cross between himself and Unicron at times, he never actually goes into that form), Transformers: Prime(he takes a form that might as well be Galvatron story-wise, but he doesn't officially become it in-universe. Same idea as Beast Machines. Unicron directly is controlling his body, which is something Galvatron suffered from in the original movie, which creates parallels and all). I have not seen Cyberverse, so I got no clue on that one. In the Japanese versions, Galvatron and Megatron were different people originally, so...

Alright, I know Chaos Control can manipulate time, but since this is an orgin story, would the Chaos Emeralds be there? Would Shadow even be there? I mean, if that's the case then he wouldn't have learned how to do Chaos Contol at that point yet since he learned it off of Shadow.

I'm probably looking WAY too deep into this.
Oh, that's what you meant. Chaos Emeralds could exist, but I don't think it'll do more than him going Super. Especially since the extreme speed thing he does is something only a Ring or Chaos Emerald could do in the adaptions. His speed creating EMP waves(I could barely hear the trailer, so I don't know the plot well) already shows that extra power isn't all that needed. It in fact could be a replacement for the idea of the Chaos Emeralds, which basically are "boundless energy". Electricity is a very specific form of energy, one used to power tons of stuff, not unlike the Chaos Emeralds. The next trailer should give us an idea of what they intend to include.

D

Deleted member

I imagine that they're taking the road of slowly building him up with Nightmare or someone else being the main villain of Doctor Strange 2 with Mordo being involved in some way they won't focus the entire movie on him until Doctor Strange 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man, the classic Spiderman trilogy was neato. Too bad 3 kinda was bad.

I have yet to see the Amazing Spiderman trilogy, but I think I'm better off skipping them.
Amazing didn't even get to 3, the profits were so bad.

A few hours from now and we'll be entering May.

Pokemon both a game and a movie.

Fire Emblem.

Resident Evil.

Team Sonic Racing.

Assassin's Creed.

Brightburn.

Ad Astra.

John Wick (Not seeing because of dogs dying in films).

Aladdin (Boo!)

But most of all at the end of that month...

Godzilla baby! :grin:
Don't forget Shakedown: Hawaii, it's been a long time coming, and it's in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah that's not fair. The ideas were okay.

It was the execution where it all fell apart.
You mean like whitewashing Johnny Storm as well as adoptive sibling to Susan Storm rather then blood? Or making Doctor Doom into this weak emo teen?

If so then no...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Funny how the scrapped Spidey villain is the first one the MCU went with in Homecoming. A nice twist of fate, that.
Even better since he’s the first villian Spidey fights in the comics and Spectacular Spider-Man (aka the best Marvel animated series of all time)
Man, the classic Spiderman trilogy was neato. Too bad 3 kinda was bad.
3 had the emo dance...that alone makes it an excellent movie
If there's any trilogy that's perfect it'd be the Heisei Gamera Trilogy. None can ever top those.
Nah
Amazing didn't even get to 3, the profits were so bad.
Sony’s fault aswell...it’s as if every time they rush something Spider-Man man related to make a big universe or rush a franchise they fail...thanks goodness for Marvel Studios making the movies (even though Sony distributes it still...and gains more profit while Disney gets nothing and Marvel Studios gets a good amount)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, it was like 2 years ago that I found out that the original Fantastic 4 had a sequel starring the Silver Surfer. I did watch the first F4, but I don't think anyone cared for the sequel.
And Fant4stic was an abomination of a movie.

Which reminds me, how hard is it to make a GOOD Fantastic Four film, it's like making a good Superman game, the blueprints are there, they been there for God knows how long, but they keep finding a way to screw it all up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It should’ve been Step by Step by New Kids on the Block
Nah man, it should be Maurizio De Jorio's Running in the 90s.

You know, it was like 2 years ago that I found out that the original Fantastic 4 had a sequel starring the Silver Surfer. I did watch the first F4, but I don't think anyone cared for the sequel.

Which reminds me, how hard is it to make a GOOD Fantastic Four film, it's like making a good Superman game, the blueprints are there, they been there for God knows how long, but they keep finding a way to screw it all up.
Death and Rebirth of Superman was pretty decent for what it was, even if it does require knowing the context.

Also, the solution is to let any company OTHER than Fox use the FF. That alone would be an improvement.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The Amazing Spider-Man turned one of my favorite comic book villains into a standard "I'm evil" character. It wasn't just "I want to turn every human into lizard people because they're the master race" or anything, it was that he felt that his invention to repair injuries previously thought to be irreparable was such a success that he would implement it onto the world and he thought the side-effect of becoming a lizard person was worth it.

That could've absolutely been a strong opening to a Spider-Man trilogy, but Webb blew it :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

All this talk about Disney and Pixar villains is great but...

It got me thinking.

What do you guys think of the Dream Works villains?
Shrek had good villains. All the three Shrek movies that exist.
Kung Fu Panda 1 had a good one too and while I can't say anything for 2 and 3, I hear 2 had a good one(something about Panda genocide)
And... uh... what other films did Dreamworks have?
So like, did you forget how to use Ridley's side-B offstage to kill, or did I just get better at surviving it? Because you tried that two or three times, and each time I lived. :b I'm not even sure how I got out of it, I thought that was pretty much certain death.
The time I suicided, I expected you to die as well. The times you didn't hit the bootom of the stage were just you DIing away from it though, or we were too far from it
Anyway here's a daily reminder that Captain Marvel is the best
View attachment 214200
Nick Fury watched every Avenger get tricked by Loki and Tony creating Ultron while looking at that pager wanting to call Carol and the only reason he didn't do it is because he knew they'd **** up harder.
Given villains are the current discussion. I'm honestly thinking of making a poll for best cinematic villains of 2019 at the end of this year because so far this year has been great for them. This is the poll I'm thinking.

Brixton Lore (Hobbs & Shaw)
Grimmel the Grisly (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World)
Joker (Joker)
King Ghidorah (Godzilla: King of the Monsters)
Mr. Glass (Glass)
Palpatine (Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker)
Pennywise (It: Chapter Two)
Rex Dangervest (The Lego Movie: The Second Part)
Scar (The Lion King)
Thanos (Avengers: Endgame)

Which of these will reign supreme!
Half of those aren't even out yet. Palpatine wasn't even a good villain back in the OT, what makes anyone think he'll be good now?

D

Deleted member

There's the Incredibles, so it just needs someone competent.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Yeah but, I don't recall Sonic ever getting that power, unless he did that in the comics.
Like I said; they didn’t say it was a power. Standard rings just happen to double as portal.

The Archie comics flat out do the same thing:

He's also not fast enough to flat out stop time from a standstill, but that can be a point of debate.
It’s called “statue-ing” or “statue-force”; it’s literally just a standard speadster trope of a character being so fast they “statue” things around them:

And Game Sonic should be able to do that anyway on account of being faster than Light:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys know who'd make for a fun guest character in Mortal Kombat?

Brightburn aka Brandon Breyer. If Superman were Michael Myers.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dreamworks villains? Okay.

Shrek undoubtedly had the best villains. Farquaad, Fairy Godmother, and Rumpelstiltskin were all pretty great. Charming being the Big Bad of the third film was the cause of a lot of that film's issues. You don't take the comic relief side villain and make him the main villain. Charming was the Iago to Fairy Godmother's Jafar.

Besides Shrek, I'm giving special mention to Over the Hedge. The film itself is mediocre and I first thought Gladys was a cartoonishly exaggerated villain, but upon getting older? My god do too many people like her exist. Making the villain the President of the local HOA is so true to reality.

D

Deleted member

You guys know who'd make for a fun guest character in Mortal Kombat?

Brightburn aka Brandon Breyer. If Superman were Michael Myers.
Doubt that putting a kid in a game where they can reap his spine/heart/head or cut into pieces is going to go well with most people:b

No matter how villanous and horrible the character is

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well IMO at least.
there ya go
Like I said; they didn’t say it was a power. Standard rings just happen to double as portal.

The Archie comics flat out do the same thing:

It’s called “statue-ing” or “statue-force”; it’s literally just a standard speadster trope of a character being so fast they “statue” things around them:

And Game Sonic should be able to do that anyway on account of being faster than Light:

Didn’t see these coming

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Half of those aren't even out yet. Palpatine wasn't even a good villain back in the OT, what makes anyone think he'll be good now?
I mean, he was legit one of the best parts of the prequels, since Ian McDiarmid was able to hamm it up and give him a pretty memorable performance.

Granted, depending in your view of the prequels, that might not mean much.

D

Deleted member

I mean, he was legit one of the best parts of the prequels, since Ian McDiarmid was able to hamm it up and give him a pretty memorable performance.

Granted, depending in your view of the prequels, that might not mean much.
The best parts of the prequels to me were Grievous and Obi-Wan's everything because Ewan McGregor was having so much fun with that role.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I loved Emperor Palpatine's acting. I won't say the writing way always great, but his acting was awesome. He's very memorable and did a great job overall as a character. The first two trilogies have a lot of great moments with great actors. Writing issues still exist, of course.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All this talk about Disney and Pixar villains is great but...

It got me thinking.

What do you guys think of the Dream Works villains?
Drago Bludvist was a legitimate badass and threat, and as character I actually find him rather interesting.

All the more reason it's shame that he was cut from the third How to Train Your Dragon film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom